Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 09-13-2010, 11:33 PM   #61

Harley copying Kawasaki?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunrider
Now that is dark beer! Or is it a soda?
What is the best way to end a great day of riding through desert? I'll take a pint of ale, a local brew if possible ;)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-14-2010, 12:16 AM   #62

Harley copying Kawasaki?

Back to the discussion at hand, I think almost in any industry (e.g. automotive, computers, digital cameras, etc), manufactures are usually inspired by their competitors.

A prime example is the Mac OS X by Apple, the Linux OS by various vendors [free or non-free] and the infamous Windose by Micro$oft. Take a closer look at the graphical user interface, consider the computer peripherals and the Internet.

Anybody care to know whether I'm typing this on a Mac, Ubuntu or Windose machine? I don't think so but we all share the same information highway the so-called Internet. Almost the same thing when we're on the road riding a Nomad, a Road King or the mighty Rocket 3.

The flame wars between HD and Japanese bike owners/riders often remind me the never ending competition among those fanatic computer users.

If only the bikes were as inexpensive as the computers...

Old 09-14-2010, 06:26 AM   #63
Sr. Contributor

Harley copying Kawasaki?

For the record, I use a Mac, but I don't care anymore...Got over that a while back. steve jobs could tech willie g a thing or two about the reality distortion field. That being said, type away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis
Back to the discussion at hand, I think almost in any industry (e.g. automotive, computers, digital cameras, etc), manufactures are usually inspired by their competitors.

A prime example is the Mac OS X by Apple, the Linux OS by various vendors [free or non-free] and the infamous Windose by Micro$oft. Take a closer look at the graphical user interface, consider the computer peripherals and the Internet.

Anybody care to know whether I'm typing this on a Mac, Ubuntu or Windose machine? I don't think so but we all share the same information highway the so-called Internet. Almost the same thing when we're on the road riding a Nomad, a Road King or the mighty Rocket 3.

The flame wars between HD and Japanese bike owners/riders often remind me the never ending competition among those fanatic computer users.

If only the bikes were as inexpensive as the computers...
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11