Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 11-12-2015, 05:06 PM   #1

Clutch Push Rod Seal

My clutch push rod seal came loose as it did on my 2007 Nomad. I took things apart, yes I can take things apart, it is putting them back together where I run into trouble
Anyway, I didn't do whatever it is your supposed to do to the clutch lever Just cleaned everything up good and put some adhesive sealer on the seal and put it back in place. Waited for 24 hours and put everything back together.
My question, when I put the cover thing back on I had to push it pretty hard to get the pushrod in far enough so I could screw the 3 screws in holding the cover.
After I got everything ready to go I started the bike and it shifted so smooth and quiet it scared me. Took it up the road and went through the gears, it seems OK but is shifting way better than it ever has.
Things don't usually improve when I work on them but this should be good to go , right
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-12-2015, 05:45 PM   #2

Don't overthink it Tim, You must have done it right or else it wouldn't work at all. Sometimes jobs come out better than anticipated. Perhaps cleaning everything up helps, usually brakes & clutches wear so slowly over time that you don't even notice thats its not as good as it once was until you replace some stuff.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 11-12-2015, 07:33 PM   #3

Cool, Thanks Steve
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]