Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 06-26-2017, 08:12 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy View Post
I've been doing that "walk about" for the last two years Mick......currently on a fishing trip with bike in the toy hauler. Had to get a smaller bike though. Dropped the Vulcan with no one around and waited in the middle of the road until someone came along and helped me get the heavy pig up. I've got a Kawasaki Versys 650 LT now. Much easier to ride and faster than stink.

I dropped mine again yesterday.I had the trailer on,carrying an electric scooter.I pulled over onto a gravel patch at the side of the road,to check the ropes.I was barely moving when i used the front brake,as my feet were already off the boards,ready to touch down,and the front just tucked in,and down it went.The front ended up in the bushes,and half in a ditch.What a bastard of a job i had getting it back,and up.My feet were slipping on the gravel,while the stinging nettles were having their fun with my arms.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-26-2017, 01:06 PM   #32

I have never posted too often even when being a moderator. Still check in on a regular basis and enjoy reading what everyone is doing. Getting the BMW K1600 GTL in January I have been riding a lot more.

The Iron Butt SaddleSore and BunBurner Gold were done the end of last year, in March I did the 50cc 50 hours coast to coast. Not as bad as it sounds I had time to sleep in the middle of the ride, a little over 5,000 miles by the time I returned home. San Diego to Jacksonville was a good break in cruise for the GTL. It was cold in Florida and I had headwinds all the way back to Arizona.

Decided to be different this year and starting in April have been going to some of the Tour of Honor memorial sites. http://tourofhonor.com Another 1,500 miles to get all seven in Arizona. Visited four memorial sites in Idaho, Oregon, and Washington in the last couple of weeks.

Just got home from a 3,242 mile ride to the northwest. It was sure a lot cooler than Arizona at 120+ degrees. Got the giggles when there was a heat advisory issued at 83 degrees. To each his own I guess but I hadn't even unzipped my jacket during their hottest part of the day. The scenery with the snow capped peaks and waterfalls was gorgeous. The last two days coming home varied from 32 to 120 degrees. Over 100 degrees is miserable I'll take the cold weather riding anytime I have nice warm gear when needed.

I bought the GTL in January and it is due for the 12,000 mile service this week. My next trip will be to Salt Lake City in July for the BMW MOA International Rally. Planning on continuing north afterwards, no idea where yet, to avoid the Arizona furnace. My guess is another four to six thousand miles using heat as an excuse for not coming home right away.

Hope everyone has a good time riding this summer. Ride safe there seems to be more clueless idiots on the road.
2015 Red/Blk Cross Country Tour - sold
2008 Red/Blk Nomad - sold
KE7HG
VBA 00176, IBA 65686, MOA 211564

Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Maggie Valley '11|Kanab '12|Estes Park '13|Red Lodge '16|Custer '18

Old 06-26-2017, 03:29 PM   #33

Fair play to you mate.

Old 06-26-2017, 07:59 PM   #34

Damn Mark, you sure put some road time in.
You retired guys have the time, Oh, wait, I'm retired and have the time but it seems to rain everyday that Cindy has off from work and it is not as much fun riding without her.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]