Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Australian Group

Old 03-07-2009, 04:52 PM   #16

Nomad shox / air pressure?

I bought a pump over the INTERNET from Value-accessories has a guage attached and when removing from the valve stem losses no air at all so shocks are dead accurate.I have also joined both sides up and only have the one fill point making sure both sides are the same.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-08-2009, 04:34 AM   #17
Advanced Member

that sounds like a plan

Old 04-07-2009, 06:25 PM   #18

How you doing, new member
Im trying to setup a single inflation poimt for the airshocks. Seen something on gadgets page where the yanks can buy a kit for a yami front air shocks. No luck here. Bought a kit for car air shocks and am tryind to adapt fittings for it. Purtek did an absolute crappy job of soldering the right air fittings to some valve extension from a truck, $65 later and not impressed. Am waiting on a replacement valve for the air shocks which I broke when inflating the shock with the truck valve.
Cant wait to smoth out hte ride again.
Made a new seat out of EVA foam, took 50mm off the height.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:08 AM   #19

hey mattbren, nice pic of the bike & l see its racing green like madcows (fastest colour aparently) ;) have you any pics of your new seat ? being slightly vertically challenged myself loosing 2" in seat hight would be a godsend , l'v never heard of that foam before though.

Old 04-08-2009, 05:48 AM   #20
Advanced Member

its about time you guys admitted that green is the fastest.... im looking forward to seeing your cut down seat mattbren as i would like to sit a bit lower. however im not short like wgash is.

btw welcome to the forum, there is a lot of help, advice and hinderance on here. (i am the latter) its good to see another green monster on here as theres not a lot of us around. i had a look at your bike pic (very nice) but noticed the lack of the exhaust pipes, do you run them both on the same side? or straight out from the goats bladder? i would love to see a pic of the other side of your bike if the pipes are both on the same side as i havnt seen that done before. anyways dont be a stranger on here as we love new meat to harrass, there is another member from sa on here so you are not the only one from over your way. cheers madcow...

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-08-2009, 07:56 AM   #21

l'm not short....just not tall...thats why l ride a gnomemad and that idea of using the windscreen as a surfboard madcow didn't work, because after l waxed it up l'v found that now l can't see though it !! :-[ and l lost my bikini's out of the panniers after l'd taken the lids off

Old 04-08-2009, 05:17 PM   #22

Thakyou for the welcome. Will put a photo of the seat hopefully later today. The foam or the seat is used from car door panels, dashes, boat barges, boxing mats, the least quality one would be the a camping mat. The seat height is 630mm.Hopefully meeting up with another vulcan rider on monday so will take it on a good ride. One sided pipes on the bike. Yopu will see when the seat photo goes up.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:12 AM   #23

hey mattbren, nice job, that 630 seat hight sounds good , got the machine and a few days to kill... food for thought , l might try to get my hands on that seat gell everyone raves about first and maybe make another base so l don't have to hack into the standard seat, just in case

Old 04-09-2009, 02:02 AM   #24

Hi mattbren I have done the one point shock link on my Nomad I purchased the kit from scootworks in the states very easy to fit and very cheap to buy works a treat.
Welcolm to the forum glad to have you on board.

Old 04-09-2009, 06:14 AM   #25

I had a 35mm peice of it, shaped it, with a couple of strips of a thinner and firmer foam to eaven out the indents in the pan, finnished off with 3mm hoodlining foam to smooth things out. It works well on short 10 minute trips, feels a bit hard at first but then you feel yourself sink into it a little bit and stays there. Cant wait for monday to give it a good burn.
Should of done what finky done for the shocks, $110 later and still nothing.