Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 02-17-2015, 11:57 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlock View Post
Thanks, I just picked up a Vaquero; please update us if you find something that works. It'll be at least 3 weeks before I have any free time to work on the bike; if I come up with anything then I'll post it up.
Ah ok. Congrats. Great bikes.... if I ever get to ride mine Got 10" snow again in S Indiana and brass monkey temps. I know it pales to MA but it's just a PITA. Got mine in October and haven't even clocked 500 miles yet....Anyway, hope we get the wiring issue solved somehow....

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-20-2015, 04:37 PM   #32
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpmhspirit View Post
I assumed from our sig pic you had an older Nomad, then saw it was sold. What do you have now? If one the newer 1700's, not sure the running light option will work. They seem to be wire differently than the older 1600 and 1500's, I think. Check you bike. On my Vaq, the running lights don't turn off with the starter. I'm still looking for a wire I can splice into to get that.

Just a heads up.
How about using a relay powered from the head light? When the the head light comes on after cranking and starting then the relay would close and power whatever you want. Just a thought.

You make a living by what you get,
You make a life by what you give.

The measure of a man can be summed up by
how he treats people who are the least significant to him.

Old 02-21-2015, 09:33 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Ranch View Post
How about using a relay powered from the head light? When the the head light comes on after cranking and starting then the relay would close and power whatever you want. Just a thought.
That's what I was going to do at first but if I put the high beam on, the low beam (and relay) has no power and visa versa.

Old 02-22-2015, 10:16 AM   #34
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpmhspirit View Post
That's what I was going to do at first but if I put the high beam on, the low beam (and relay) has no power and visa versa.
don't know if this helps or not but I found an empty female bullet connector under the right side cover its a gray wire buried among the abs stuff its hot only when switched I tried to research it thru my electrical diagrams to find out what its used for but no luck I wonder if this is the diagnostic wire the dealer would use. maybe you could plug in there for trigger wire to power the relay then could be unplugged at the dealership if needed for diagnostic purposes.

Old 02-24-2015, 10:53 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullbagger View Post
don't know if this helps or not but I found an empty female bullet connector under the right side cover its a gray wire buried among the abs stuff its hot only when switched I tried to research it thru my electrical diagrams to find out what its used for but no luck I wonder if this is the diagnostic wire the dealer would use. maybe you could plug in there for trigger wire to power the relay then could be unplugged at the dealership if needed for diagnostic purposes.
Thanks. I'll check it out.

Login or Register to Remove Ads