Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 06-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #46

Justice Roberts . . .

"Members of this Court are vested with the authority to interpret the law; we possess neither the expertise nor the prerogative to make policy judgments. Those decisions are entrusted to our nation´s elected leaders, who can be thrown out of office if the people disagree with them. It is not our job to protect the people from the consequences of their political choices.”

Essentially he said clean up your own damn mess. Cleaning up this mess starts 11/6/2012.

Oldest Saloon In Nevada
http://www.pioneersaloon.info/

"Sin City Stan"
Henderson, NV
VBA #01004
VROC #29365
2004 Nomad 1500L5 +100 "The Bike"
2009 Nomad 1700 (past)
2004 Vulcan Classic 800 (past)
2010 Cortez - 2011 Crescent City - 2012 Kanab - 2013 Estes Park

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-29-2012, 12:18 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by canedriver View Post
YAWNNNN

I wonder how Romneycare was paid for in Massachusetts? Oh no it looks like he used taxes.

I amaze myself as that took about 20 seconds to figure out.
First off the voters of Massachusetts voted on having their healthcare plan... seems Obamacare was shoved-down everyone's throats by far-left-wing radicals against a majority of citizens (yes... legal citizens) disapproval...

Secondly, your view is clearly myopic, enough so that you cannot provide anything in defense but verbal outbursts of political rhetoric.

If you think you are making headway, then you are again dead-wrong. (Of course, your response will be predictable, as it always is -- that you are not trying to make headway. )

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 06-29-2012, 12:26 PM   #48

Bottom line is...those of us who are working are paying healthcare for those who are not when they visit a non-profit facility. Healthcare reform is about care for everyone. Some chose to go to a private, for-profit hospital and pay for it through insurance and deductibles. Why not force companies to provide healthcare at a cost to the employee. I am sick of paying taxes to support WIC and unemployment for those who don't need/deserve it. This is the same thing.

The general public elected this man. If it's not your cup of tea, move to Canada until January.

Old 06-29-2012, 12:36 PM   #49

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
It's going to to take the same route as Social Security and Pension Plans. Oh, a fabulous plan on paper and euphoria for the individuals who first enter the plan, and then later on as with S/S pay more get less or none maybe in my case. Or with pensions bankrupting a company or after a hard lesson the employees have to learn to invest their money in the private sector, which is much better.

I'm not aware of any government social causes coming in at or under budget. The modern day budgets on gov. projects and programs more often quadruple themselves. Now we're going to hire a bunch of new bureaucrats to run an industry they know nothing about.The memories of arguing with past insurance workers make s quiver at the thought of being trap in a government ran provider that you can't escape! With private insurance at least you could move on. Obama is also using the todays bloated budget as figures claiming this screw 'em plan will save money.

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 06-29-2012, 12:38 PM   #50

All I know is that I already pay through the nose for health care, can hardly ever reach my deductible unless someone has a major surgery or illness and now it looks like it is just gonna get worse. I hope that the result of this decision causes people to rethink who they support in November election, at both state and federal levels.

Now I'm going to pull up my chair, get some popcorn and continue to read the debate. Thanks for the enlightenment and entertainment.
2003 BMW K1200LT "Magic Carpet" DOA 11/7/2015
VBA #00291
IBA # 41995
DS #320
'08 Elkins, WV; '09 Helen, GA; '09 Custer, SD; '10 Stanton, VA; '11 Maggie Valley; '12 Townsend, TN; '13 Estes Park; '13 Blairsville, GA; '15 Eureka Springs; '16 Helen; '18 Custer, SD

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-29-2012, 01:27 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponch View Post
And we see how all those countries in the modern age are on the verge of collapse from all their "free" programs. There's nothing free in and life and to quote Robert Heinlein:

"There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him.”
Things are collapsing economically, globally, even in countries that do not have universal health care. You are attempting to attribute one failure on something that isn't even related. Nice try though.

Old 06-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #52
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpathia View Post
Things are collapsing economically, globally, even in countries that do not have universal health care. You are attempting to attribute one failure on something that isn't even related. Nice try though.
European countries are the worst hit where entitlements run the gamut and it's bad enough that the EU may not hold. Nice try.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 06-29-2012, 01:46 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponch View Post
European countries are the worst hit where entitlements run the gamut and it's bad enough that the EU may not hold. Nice try.
Looks like we have a mutual exchange of . Good sir, we are in a stalemate!

Shall we move on to other inflammatory issues? Climate change?

Old 06-29-2012, 02:32 PM   #54

Quote:
Looks like we have a mutual exchange of . Good sir, we are in a stalemate!

Shall we move on to other inflammatory issues? Climate change?
Great issue to illustrate a time we we called buffoons, scare mongers, and planet haters as the other side laughed.

Low and behold the trueth was expose thanks to emails leaked from The University of East Anglia.

Thank goodness that was squashed before carbon foot prints were taxed. Algore and O'bama would be penniless.

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 06-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by coacha View Post
All I know is that I already pay through the nose for health care, can hardly ever reach my deductible unless someone has a major surgery or illness and now it looks like it is just gonna get worse. I hope that the result of this decision causes people to rethink who they support in November election, at both state and federal levels.

Now I'm going to pull up my chair, get some popcorn and continue to read the debate. Thanks for the enlightenment and entertainment.
Oh get you a beer and some pretzels. It's after eleven am. Whacha doin'? Cutting back?

I'm looking for the bow smiley.

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

Old 06-29-2012, 02:39 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by canedriver View Post
Healthcare isnt like chocolate. It isnt a want vs need. You can go your entire life without chocolate but you will need healthcare. Don't think the tyranny quote applies.

I am absolutely LOVING the SCOTUS decision. Faux news yesterday was pure Armageddon. I was sorely disappointed they didn't have a doomsday clock ticking away in the corner.
As usual you leave out the other side..... did you notice that after they had time to think about the part that "Under the commerce clause" it is NOT constitutional so it was passed under "It IS a tax"......and the panic setting in on the left justices aa well as the white house?
Talk about panic attacks.... they just lost the leg they thought they got..... and are going to get hammered this November when everyone realizes they just passed one of the biggest taxes in American history... at night, single party passed, against the will of the MAJORITY view of the people.

They think they are a Dictatorship.......In America that aint happening.

But of course I'm betting that you wont understand that anymore than you have shown in the past discussions on less Government.

White House claims ObamaCare fine a 'penalty,' despite court calling it a 'tax'

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...#ixzz1zD0TEtO3

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
1946 George Orwell

Last edited by NRiderUSA; 06-29-2012 at 02:49 PM.

Old 06-29-2012, 02:53 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhead View Post
Great issue to illustrate a time we we called buffoons, scare mongers, and planet haters as the other side laughed.

Low and behold the trueth was expose thanks to emails leaked from The University of East Anglia.

Thank goodness that was squashed before carbon foot prints were taxed. Algore and O'bama would be penniless.
I was laughing at starting another inflammatory thread, not at climate change itself. Climate change is a very real, very serious problem.

Old 06-29-2012, 03:01 PM   #58

Inflammatory? I dont think that word means what you think it means.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
1946 George Orwell

Old 06-29-2012, 03:22 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRiderUSA View Post
Inflammatory? I dont think that word means what you think it means.
It means exactly what I thought it meant.

I'm not sure if you're making some sort of sarcastic comment that's lost in translation or what, but I think generally these are considered inflammatory topics.

Old 06-29-2012, 04:22 PM   #60
Top Contributor

Quote:
I was laughing at starting another inflammatory thread, not at climate change itself. Climate change is a very real, very serious problem.
That's what the Cavemen said when all the Ice of the Ice-Age started melting! If only they could have reduced their carbon footprint...they could have prevented that from happening...or better yet, if Obama had been around, he could have taxed the extra logs the rich Cavemen were tossing on their fire pits...lol.
VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016