Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rallies & Rides > 2018 CanadaEast/Northeast U.S. Rally

Old 07-25-2018, 07:01 PM   #31

Oh Tim, try a little sticky rice pudding on that tire. You'll have grip all day long!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-25-2018, 08:01 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesherpa View Post
Oh Tim, try a little sticky rice pudding on that tire. You'll have grip all day long!
Probably could have repaired his luggage rack with it too!

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 07-25-2018, 09:54 PM   #33

FINALLY!

Home safe and sound. It was a much better day today. Some rain early, but nothing that took more than a minute or two to ride thru. Then hot, sunny, and muggy all afternoon. Same number of miles as yesterday, but I feel like I only road half as far.

The right hand tail light on the trailer went out sometime this morning. Since the trailer hides the turn signals on the bike, I had to use hand signals every time I made a right turn or shifted to the right lane. It's HARD to do a right turn hand signal when you have arthritis in your left shoulder! Especially when it's already aggravated by riding so long.

At least the left brake light and turn signal on the trailer still works and the brakes lights on the bike are visible above the trailer (and modulated). Still, I was very vigilant watching to make sure no one missed them.

Old 07-25-2018, 09:55 PM   #34

You guys are a freakin riot

Cindy is laughing her ass off.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 07-25-2018, 10:54 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre-t View Post
FINALLY!

Home safe and sound. It was a much better day today. Some rain early, but nothing that took more than a minute or two to ride thru. Then hot, sunny, and muggy all afternoon. Same number of miles as yesterday, but I feel like I only road half as far.

The right hand tail light on the trailer went out sometime this morning. Since the trailer hides the turn signals on the bike, I had to use hand signals every time I made a right turn or shifted to the right lane. It's HARD to do a right turn hand signal when you have arthritis in your left shoulder! Especially when it's already aggravated by riding so long.

At least the left brake light and turn signal on the trailer still works and the brakes lights on the bike are visible above the trailer (and modulated). Still, I was very vigilant watching to make sure no one missed them.
Glade to see you made it safely home Phil.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-25-2018, 11:21 PM   #36

Get a grip, enjoy sticky rice pudding today.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 07-26-2018, 07:42 AM   #37

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre-t View Post
FINALLY!

Glad to hear you're finally home, and your riding today at least had different challenges than yesterday. Riding in that weather with a tail light out, you would have had to stop and fix it. Enjoyed riding the island with you, take care, and enjoy the rest of the summer. Some say the best riding is done in the Fall.

Old 07-29-2018, 01:55 PM   #38

Great to hear everyone is home safe. Can't wait to get to gather and hear the ride home stories. Adds to the fun of the rally. Thanks again too everyone had a great time. Put on 4776 miles for the week.
2014 NCR/SCR Rally in the Ozarks, Mountain View, AR
2014 Antlers Rally, Antlers, OK
2015 VRA/VBA Rally, Eureka Springs, AR
2016 NCR Rally, Hillsboro, WI
2016 Antlers Rally, Antlers, OK
2017 National Rally, Lake George NY
2017 Antlers Rally, Antlers, OK
2018 NCR/SCR Rally, Custer, SD
2018 Canada East/North East US Baddeck, NS