Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > SouthWest Group

Old 03-27-2009, 01:41 PM   #31

Anyone in the Utah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack
Is that Marley's place by the Cabela's, or is Cabela's further north?
Cabela's is further north, in Lehi. Marley's is a little restaurant that is attached to the Harley dealership in Lindon.
VBA #1051 (Former President)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-27-2009, 04:02 PM   #32

Anyone in the Utah?

Nice to meet you today, Dan.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:47 PM   #33

Anyone in the Utah?

Good to meet you too. We have a hardcore Nomad rider here, he's already planning an Iron Butt ride :)

Old 03-28-2009, 12:43 AM   #34

Anyone in the Utah?

You guys know there's a party on July 4th in Monarch Utah don't ya?

Old 03-28-2009, 12:51 AM   #35

Anyone in the Utah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdez (lone Juan)
You guys know there's a party on July 4th in Monarch Utah don't ya?
Tell me more. I hadn't heard anything about it. I'm assuming that it's a MC party of some sort.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-04-2009, 07:20 PM   #36

Anyone in the Utah?

I'm across the lake from Orem, in Saratoga Springs. Just bought a 99 Nomad. I rode it a week ago Sat, and nearly froze my nuggets off on my way to work. I think it was one of the only days we have had without snow or rain, and freezing temps. Am really looking forward to some good weather. I want to take a ride to Cali, my son lives in Stockton.

Been in Utah about 2 years. Love the scenery, hatin the snow. I've been to Duff's Kaw in Am fork. Really small. Also been to Plaza cycles in WVC. They quoted me 150.00 Labor, and 50.00 for the part to R&R the plastic oil gear. I've been in there a couple of times, and I don't get the warm and fuzzies. RE service, Parts, and Sales.

Let hook up when the weather permits, Love ridin up provo cyn, thru heber, past jordanelle, up in to Kamas. then up and over the Mirror lake Hwy. Awseome ride.

Old 04-05-2009, 07:52 PM   #37

Anyone in the Utah?

Nice bike Rayk

Old 04-07-2009, 01:15 PM   #38

Anyone in the Utah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayk
I'm across the lake from Orem, in Saratoga Springs. Just bought a 99 Nomad. I rode it a week ago Sat, and nearly froze my nuggets off on my way to work. I think it was one of the only days we have had without snow or rain, and freezing temps. Am really looking forward to some good weather. I want to take a ride to Cali, my son lives in Stockton.

Been in Utah about 2 years. Love the scenery, hatin the snow. I've been to Duff's Kaw in Am fork. Really small. Also been to Plaza cycles in WVC. They quoted me 150.00 Labor, and 50.00 for the part to R&R the plastic oil gear. I've been in there a couple of times, and I don't get the warm and fuzzies. RE service, Parts, and Sales.

Let hook up when the weather permits, Love ridin up provo cyn, thru heber, past jordanelle, up in to Kamas. then up and over the Mirror lake Hwy. Awseome ride.
If your up on facebook you ought to seach and join "utah motorcyclists". It's a utah mc group that I started. I now has 160+ local bikers. We are planning some great rides for this summer.

Yesterday we met up for a ride around the Lake and to my surprise there were 3 Nomads. :)

Old 04-07-2009, 02:20 PM   #39
Mega-Contributor

Anyone in the Utah?

Quote:

Back when I lived in Utah I used to go catfishing around Saratoga Springs before they built homes there.

I don't mean to be rude, but isn't it kind of smelly around there? Maybe they've cleaned the lake up some? I haven't been over there since the late 90's.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 04-08-2009, 02:19 PM   #40

Anyone in the Utah?

They must have cleaned it up some. I just rode through that area on Monday and I didn't notice any smell.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:54 PM   #41

Anyone in the Utah?

How rude!

Old 04-25-2009, 08:04 AM   #42

Anyone in the Utah?

I was told after we moved to Saratoga that the lake was supposed to be pretty contaminated. (I don't plan on swimmin in it ), and I've never smelled anything. That is except for all the run over critters, and alot of them are skunks.

All I know is if I look out my front door, I see across the lake, and beyond that right @ the snow covered Rockies. It's the largest fresh water lake in Utah. 145 sq miles. the views are awesome.

I have not joined facebook. I'll check it out, need to get together with you guys and tear up some hwy!

Old 04-25-2009, 09:00 AM   #43
Mega-Contributor

Anyone in the Utah?

Quote:
I was told after we moved to Saratoga that the lake was supposed to be pretty contaminated. (I don't plan on swimmin in it ), and I've never smelled anything. That is except for all the run over critters, and alot of them are skunks.

All I know is if I look out my front door, I see across the lake, and beyond that right @ the snow covered Rockies. It's the largest fresh water lake in Utah. 145 sq miles. the views are awesome.

I have not joined facebook. I'll check it out, need to get together with you guys and tear up some hwy!
I remember when we first bought our boat, back in 1997 I got it home and we spent a couple of days getting it ready. We decided to take it to Utah Lake for its maiden voyage, because it was the closest body of water to West Jordan, where we lived. So we launched it and spent the afternoon zooming around the lake. The deepest part of the lake is only like 12 feet.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 04-25-2009, 10:04 PM   #44

Anyone in the Utah?

That is very true. I had a body back in High School that had a huge truck. We would often go tubing/knee boarding behind it.

You could drive 2 hundred yards into the lake and still only be 2 or 3 feet deep.

Old 04-26-2009, 11:17 AM   #45

Anyone in the Utah?

Northern Utah,
Gotta love it. rode to work yesterday up in Salt Lake. Got a couple raindrops on me, but nothing big. But after work on the way home steady downpour all the way home. Took surface streets,and made it just fine. But boy does my bike need a bath, and thank god for leather. Kept me dry. I didn't feel the cold till I was close to home. My fingertips were gettin numb. It's supposed to snow again this afternoon. Really gettin tired of this. I need sunshine NOW!