Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 06-21-2017, 12:45 PM   #16
Advanced Member

Does anyone know of a supplier for bleedable banjo bolts for the Kawi MCs? I have one on my VStrom and they are being installed as original equipment on newer models by some manufacturers.

On the brake lines you pull the front brake all the way back and zip tie it, leaving it over night. In the AM hold the brake and crack the bleeder at MC and that last bit of air that goes to the top of the line at the MC will crack. The brake pull becomes noticeable firmer. It should be the same for clutches I would think.

I'm a firm believer in regularly changing out brake fluids. I do so immediately upon purchasing a used bike if there in no service record of it having been done in the previous 2 years. When I bought my gently used, low mileage (9400) 2007 Nomad in 2015 it still had the original fluid in the lines. So first thing I did was to change all of the fluids, brake, oil and water.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-22-2017, 06:04 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
Does anyone know of a supplier for bleedable banjo bolts for the Kawi MCs? I have one on my VStrom and they are being installed as original equipment on newer models by some manufacturers.

On the brake lines you pull the front brake all the way back and zip tie it, leaving it over night. In the AM hold the brake and crack the bleeder at MC and that last bit of air that goes to the top of the line at the MC will crack. The brake pull becomes noticeable firmer. It should be the same for clutches I would think.

I'm a firm believer in regularly changing out brake fluids. I do so immediately upon purchasing a used bike if there in no service record of it having been done in the previous 2 years. When I bought my gently used, low mileage (9400) 2007 Nomad in 2015 it still had the original fluid in the lines. So first thing I did was to change all of the fluids, brake, oil and water.
Best thing you can do your a newly acquire used ride!

---------------------
Don't start no schit,
there won't be no schit....
*My Sarcasm is directly proportional
to the amount of Stupidity involved*
---------------------
VBA#03239
VROC#37400

VRA
---------------------
2014 Vaquero
2001 Nomad FI
2003 Street Glide (sold)
1500 Meanie, fresh rebuild (sold)
90s BUBF Bobber (sold)
2001 UltraCycle FatPounder (Sold)
1975 HD ElectraGlide (Sold)
1982 Kawasaki Z1 Chopper (Sold)
Suck It Up & Ride!

Old 07-12-2017, 10:49 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtelefoneman1 View Post
Update.....
Yesterday, I changed the plugs, oil and filter and cleaned the screen. Today, I changed the rear end oil and clutch fluid. As I said earlier, the reservoir was a mess. When I would engage the clutch, nothing from the reservoir. Not even a bubble. I cleaned it up and flushed the system, then bled it. This thing grabs like crazy now. I didn't have time to pull the slave cylinder for inspection but hopefully this weekend along with the brake reservoirs. Pretty sure I've solve the problem.

Thanks to all for your guidance and advice.
I don't know why I can't let this thread die. Hopefully it can help someone else.

So I thought I had the problem solved as stated above but I found that by the time I get to work 20 minutes away, I have almost no clutch. It engaged fine but wouldn't disengage fully. I got p*^&%d off and ordered an MC rebuild kit last week. Finally got a chance today to do it. It took longer than expected due to the snap ring being a pain even with pliers. I used a bread twist tie and stripped the vinyl to clean the return hole. Finally got it done and rode to Quaker Steak with some buddies for bike night about 30 minutes away. This time I am pretty positive problem solved. Rolling on it at speed in fourth was tremendous.

Thanks to all, especially DL and MAS for the guidance.

Old 07-13-2017, 12:58 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navigator View Post

This is where I get my bleedable banjo bolts....
https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/gr...pID=BANJOBLEED
Heres one for Mick....
http://www.wemoto.com/parts/picture/hl-171020_5/

Made by Brembo if you want to go straight to mfg'er............

---------------------
Don't start no schit,
there won't be no schit....
*My Sarcasm is directly proportional
to the amount of Stupidity involved*
---------------------
VBA#03239
VROC#37400

VRA
---------------------
2014 Vaquero
2001 Nomad FI
2003 Street Glide (sold)
1500 Meanie, fresh rebuild (sold)
90s BUBF Bobber (sold)
2001 UltraCycle FatPounder (Sold)
1975 HD ElectraGlide (Sold)
1982 Kawasaki Z1 Chopper (Sold)
Suck It Up & Ride!

Last edited by DragonLady58; 07-13-2017 at 01:07 AM.