Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 06-17-2017, 06:10 AM   #16
Advanced Member

Mick

Interesting and reminds me of light weight bikes from the early years. Searching the forum and seeing a post from 2011 some of the comments stated the owner who had the Nomad with a Center Stand said it was at most a hassle to use. The weight of the Nomad was the issue. Also you would loose some ground clearance when installed on the Nomad and all bikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
this company RA CAD used to do this , Also ez-up https://wheeldock.com/products/ez-up...nt=26289292419

That would be over $500 by the time it got to England.I think i'll give it a swerve.Thanks anyway.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-18-2017, 01:08 PM   #17
Advanced Member

I use two blocks of wood the height of the frame on the right side, stand the bike up and rest the kick stand on two shorter blocks of wood on the left side. The bike is level and I can check the oil without having to juggle the bike and me to try to see the ridiculously placed sight glass. I guess Japan has never heard of the dipstick. If I want to do anything that might cause the bike to move forward or backward, I chock the tires. works well for minor stuff like changing plugs, easier to get cover off air cleaner with bike standing up. I wash the lower parts sitting on a mechanics roller chair and dry it that way as well. Saves my deteriorating low back. The less bending for me the better. The aging process is not a pretty thing and is not for the faint of heart.