Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada West Group

Old 03-05-2016, 11:56 AM   #1

Winter overhaul time

Soooo its that time again and I'm sure I'm not the only one pulling some wrenches here. Lets see some posts of what your doing to the nomad this year.
So far, Avon cobra radials installed, new Barnett clutch still in the box, fuel pump will get the "Hammer" treatment and some cosmetics will happen. I'm a bit slow with the nomad this yr. as I'm presently completeting a 06 heritage softail and modifying my streetglide. I want to have two bikes on the road this yr. or possibly sell the Nomad...shit did I say that. I'm still tinkering on my zx11 ninja too but that won't be on the road this yr.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (103.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 007.jpg (96.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (99.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (92.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (92.6 KB, 14 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-05-2016, 03:47 PM   #2

Mine needs a bunch of work to freshen it up, new fork springs & shocks, rotors, brake lines, battery, driveshaft, and a rear tire. Trying to find parts without getting raped is quite an ordeal lately with our weak dollar.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 03-05-2016, 06:17 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringadingh View Post
Mine needs a bunch of work to freshen it up, new fork springs & shocks, rotors, brake lines, battery, driveshaft, and a rear tire. Trying to find parts without getting raped is quite an ordeal lately with our weak dollar.
Good that your re gonna freshen up and I hear ya on the cross border shopping..by the time you figure in tax's, exchange, customs and shipping..yikes..its insane.

Old 03-05-2016, 07:40 PM   #4

Prices are brutal at the moment, but even trying to find parts here in Canada is very tough. Ive been looking for a set of used brake rotors off a low mileage bike, and so far no luck.
The fork springs, shocks, and brake lines I want to get new as I can't see it being worthwhile installing used parts.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 03-13-2016, 02:32 PM   #5

Yep, agree with you both. I just received word from UPS that my rear shocks and front springs arrived and awaiting pick up. The price was a tough pill but the old girl needs her suspension revamped so had to bite the bullet.

Login or Register to Remove Ads