Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 06-14-2017, 08:31 PM   #1

Prayers

Need to keep our political leaders in our prayers. Pray that someone up there will develope some common sense and the wisdom to use it.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-14-2017, 11:11 PM   #2

Amen

Old 06-15-2017, 05:44 AM   #3

Be careful, the guys in the white suits will be dispatched to pick you up and lock you away.

They'll think you're the crazy one for even thinking there is any hope.
VBA 936

Old 06-15-2017, 09:13 AM   #4

MAS is right, don't let them get their gruby little paws on you. Politicians are lawyers that can't make it in the real world.
They believe people are too damn dumb to understand things when they try to explain whats just been done, so they think we need it explained in a simplier way.
They make incredibly complex laws and word it such as no one except them (lawyers) can understand it....
The group---politicians, used car salesmen, cops....to protect and serve???? The local interests of the local gov....
How many laws do you know of thats been passed these last 6 months? Theres a big ass group up there in WA.DC and its all they do....

I feel for the folks that were shot at....but if they knew they're asses were responsible and held accountable for the mess they create....There would be a lot fewer of them....and they should be paid alot less....
$100,000 + a year, benefits and free trips, just to listen/watch to other politicians lie, cheat, steal?
Nader said you will turn on politics or politics will turn on you....

These views are of my own and don't reflect the belief / support of VulcanBaggers, its friends/affiates or other publications....
These views are my own. I'm Fraking Native American....I'm Choctaw....

---------------------
Don't start no schit,
there won't be no schit....
*My Sarcasm is directly proportional
to the amount of Stupidity involved*
---------------------
VBA#03239
VROC#37400

VRA
---------------------
2014 Vaquero
2001 Nomad FI
2003 Street Glide (sold)
1500 Meanie, fresh rebuild (sold)
90s BUBF Bobber (sold)
2001 UltraCycle FatPounder (Sold)
1975 HD ElectraGlide (Sold)
1982 Kawasaki Z1 Chopper (Sold)
Suck It Up & Ride!

Last edited by DragonLady58; 06-15-2017 at 09:44 AM.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:40 PM   #5

Oh boy! I am staying out of this one!
VROC#34321
VBA#01867

2012 NCR Rally Savanna. IL.
2013 National Rally Estes Park, CO
2014 NC/SC Rally in the Ozarks, Mountain View AR
2014 NE US/Eastern Canada Rally,Lincoln NH
2015 VBA/VRA Eureka Springs AR
2015 Antlers Rally, Antlers OK.
2016 SCR Rally Salem MO.
2016 NCR Rally Hillsboro WI
2017 Eureka Springs AR
2017 National Rally Lake George NY
2004 Blue and Silver 1500 Nomad(RIP 9-26-19)
2000 Red and Silver 1500 Nomad
2012 Pearl White 1700 Voyager

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-16-2017, 12:20 AM   #6

I cannot understand why a Native American would be pissed off at our past and current government and the politicians who run it.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:20 PM   #7

I'm hoping this generated some back room discussions in Washington that amount to "Wow! The public is really pissed off at us! We better get our stuff together and start getting some work done around here".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'05 1600CL. Originator 18" Harley wheel mod, Dobeck TFI, True Duals, Mutazu hardbags, Flanders handlebars n' a bunch more.
Sometimes I miss the good ol' days but most times I'm just glad I survived them

Old 06-16-2017, 10:10 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan Bill View Post
I'm hoping this generated some back room discussions in Washington that amount to "Wow! The public is really pissed off at us! We better get our stuff together and start getting some work done around here".
Yea, you'd think VB....
Probably trying to decide how to spin this to their advantage....
Where was the NSA? Where was the FBI? NTSB? Secret Service? CIA? We'll probably loose another couple of dozen rights that they won't tell us about until after they pass them into laws....
They can probably tell us what the guy had for breakfast that morning, who he called , where he drove, and what he did all day....but he still shot someone.

There are nutcases everywhere. You cannot protect everybody, all the time....
Sometimes we have to step up and take responsibilities for who we are, and what we do, and how we do it....and who we do it for.

---------------------
Don't start no schit,
---------------------
VBA#03239
VROC#37400

VRA
---------------------
2014 Vaquero
2001 Nomad FI
2003 Street Glide (sold)
90s BUBF Bobber (sold)
Suck It Up & Ride!

Last edited by DragonLady58; 06-16-2017 at 10:20 PM.

Old 06-17-2017, 12:18 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonLady58 View Post
MAS is right, don't let them get their gruby little paws on you. Politicians are lawyers that can't make it in the real world.
They believe people are too damn dumb to understand things when they try to explain whats just been done, so they think we need it explained in a simplier way.
They make incredibly complex laws and word it such as no one except them (lawyers) can understand it....
The group---politicians, used car salesmen, cops....to protect and serve???? The local interests of the local gov....
How many laws do you know of thats been passed these last 6 months? Theres a big ass group up there in WA.DC and its all they do....

I feel for the folks that were shot at....but if they knew they're asses were responsible and held accountable for the mess they create....There would be a lot fewer of them....and they should be paid alot less....
$100,000 + a year, benefits and free trips, just to listen/watch to other politicians lie, cheat, steal?
Nader said you will turn on politics or politics will turn on you....

These views are of my own and don't reflect the belief / support of VulcanBaggers, its friends/affiates or other publications....
These views are my own. I'm Fraking Native American....I'm Choctaw....
Not being disagreeable and you have some valid points but never in my wildest dreams did I ever expect to hear any one quote Ralph Nader on any bike related forum. The man the pretty much singlehandedly killed the Corvair. I wonder what he would think of people crazy enough to ride something that only has two wheels and a high likely hood of falling over. Just an observation and I'm one of those ignorant hillbilly types that don't trust the government much at all either.
Ralph Nader , who would have thunk it.

"Ride hard or stay home" Joe Robinson aka Old Dog, R.I.P

Old 06-17-2017, 12:57 AM   #10

Well Denny, just that one quote. I really didn't like the guy that much when I was growing up....I wonder if later if he lost any sleep over all that mess he started and people he put outta work. Probably not....
Nader is probably riding a unicycle around somewhere....he probably has a boatload of bad karma to deal with.
As politicians go....never underestimate the power of large groups of dumb people to do really dumb shit that will screw up things for the rest of us....and benefit only themselves....
Aren't they supposed to work for us, and to pass on what we want them to do to the gov? They sit, talk, vote themselves raises, then take off for a few months....
We need to fire them all and start over....
Ooooopppss, wonder if I just got put on a list somewhere??????

---------------------
Don't start no schit,
---------------------
VBA#03239
VROC#37400

VRA
---------------------
2014 Vaquero
2001 Nomad FI
2003 Street Glide (sold)
90s BUBF Bobber (sold)
Suck It Up & Ride!

Last edited by DragonLady58; 06-17-2017 at 01:05 AM.

Old 06-17-2017, 01:04 AM   #11

" The man the pretty much singlehandedly killed the Corvair"

Now that was a car that needed killing for sure. An accident waiting for the next victim. My dad had one. I would take it out on weekends and the damn engine would fall out on the road. There was only one bolt holding it to the body which had no frame. It would break the cotter pin and the bolt would work loose eventually dropping off. Then you would have to find the bolt,Get the jack out and re-jack up the engine, put the bolt back on and bend a nail till you could get a cotter pin . Have to admit though it would start again and off we would go. My dad had a fender bender in that car. Once again no frame. He rear ended another car at about 15 miles per hour. The steering shaft, (which had no breakaway joint) shot right through the steering wheel, glanced off my dad's head, taking lots of skin with it and shot through the roof of the car, puncturing completely through. If my dad would have been 2 inches taller, I would be here telling you how my dad died in his Corvair.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:01 AM   #12

My local TV station posed the question, " shoud congress men be allowed to carry guns for protection ?"
I sent them an email.
I don't think the members of congress should be allowed to carry guns when they continuously vote not to let the law abiding citizen carry concealed. It would prove what most people think already, that politicians make the laws but do not have to obey the laws they pass.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 06-17-2017, 04:42 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonLady58 View Post
Well Denny, just that one quote. I really didn't like the guy that much when I was growing up....I wonder if later if he lost any sleep over all that mess he started and people he put outta work. Probably not....
Nader is probably riding a unicycle around somewhere....he probably has a boatload of bad karma to deal with.
As politicians go....never underestimate the power of large groups of dumb people to do really dumb shit that will screw up things for the rest of us....and benefit only themselves....
Aren't they supposed to work for us, and to pass on what we want them to do to the gov? They sit, talk, vote themselves raises, then take off for a few months....
We need to fire them all and start over....
Ooooopppss, wonder if I just got put on a list somewhere??????
If you did I'm probably on it too, lol

"Ride hard or stay home" Joe Robinson aka Old Dog, R.I.P