Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 05-26-2017, 03:25 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryd View Post
Moving the seating position back must be the default setting for the aftermarket seat companies when it comes to this bike. One of the most heard complaints of this series of Vulcans is cramped ergonomics. Being a short guy with short arms, it was a selling point for me. Just wish they would have provided a lower seat height.
These are big bikes. Just to compare have you sat on a Harley street glide? It is a smaller bike in terms of distances (seat to handlebars to shoulder triangle distance) than the Vulcan.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-01-2017, 04:36 AM   #47

Got my seat back and on, my observations are pretty much same as Terry. I'm thinking I gained maybe 1/2-3/4" lower, seems comfortable just sitting on it as the weather is the $hits right now.
I think Terry mentioned it seems to 'cup' the boys, I concur but not uncomfortably so, least ways not for me, (one of us might be better endowed than the other LOL )
Would I have paid to get it done knowing what I know now....dunno, it was a fair amount of $$ with my shipping, I'm thinking not but an actual ride will tell.
I have absolutely no complaints about the workmanship, looks great, no puckers, folds or what have you
I'll post back when....if I finally get out.......Mike

Old 06-01-2017, 12:01 PM   #48

I now know after a couple extended rides, two hours or more, that I bottom out. I've acquired an Airhawk pad which is very comfortable on longer rides. Bottom line though is I would not have had this done if I'd known this is how it would turn out. As a matter of fact if anyone has a stock seat they want to sell I might be interested.

Old 06-01-2017, 06:20 PM   #49

Great news MrMikey, Glad to hear you can ride again. The seat is inconsequential to riding again. Yer, back in the saddle. Well if the weather cooperates.

2016 1700 Vaquero 10/4/2016
2007 1500 Classic W/ Reckless Fairing, 42,000 miles
2004 600 Honda Shadow 18,000 miles
1989 500 Honda CX Custom 55,000 miles
1973 400 Kawi Triple 5,000 miles

Old 06-01-2017, 07:53 PM   #50

Quote:
Yer, back in the saddle. Well if the weather cooperates.
Thanks for the encouragement :-).
Yup, even if just sitting in the seat making engine noises for now. Still going to be nervous the first few times out I think, last time I was out was last early fall and it wasn't a good experience............Mike

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-11-2017, 04:37 PM   #51

Quote:
Difficult latching is a common problem with the Mustang seat on the 1700's. The cure is to remove the latch from where it's bolted under the seat, add a washer under the latch, then bolt it back up again.
Before I put my seat back on I put the washers under the latch as Peg suggested. Took it off today to put my cover back on, the seat pops right off just from turning the key. Great tip Peg, thanks........Mike