Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 05-25-2017, 09:50 PM   #1

couple questions guys

just about to pull the trigger on a new 2016, i am diggin the white to be honest with you, green will be gone soon though LOL. Anyways, i have a 30" inseam and although i can flat foot the bike with my boots the bike it more top heavy then the one i have now, has anyone used the lowering brackets i seen advertised? also, anyone with the 21" front wheel kit? how does that affect the overall height of the bike? seating position and handling. Not sold on it yet but it sure does look nice.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-25-2017, 09:54 PM   #2

2016 What????
VBA #01084

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
"

Old 05-25-2017, 09:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by recumbentbob View Post
2016 What????
Motorcycle
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 05-25-2017, 11:21 PM   #4

Its white with green striping. Its a Vaquero. And Talon has done it to his, he seem to like it.
VBA #02401
2015 Voyager
2006 1600 Nomad black(sold)

2016 Salem, Antlers,
2017 Eureka Springs, Lake George, Antlers
2018 Custer NR, Antlers

Old 05-26-2017, 01:07 PM   #5

Can't speak specifically to the Vaquero, but on my '08 Nomad I changed the shocks to Progressive's that were 1 inch shorter than stock. Not a big difference but just enough to make it more comfortable when stopped at a light.

"Sun on my face, wind in my hair, sound of my bike in my ears and peace in my soul..."
VBA Member #01514
2008 "Ultra" Nomad 1600, Candy Plasma Blue

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-28-2017, 05:20 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmvulcan View Post
i have a 30" inseam and although i can flat foot the bike with my boots the bike it more top heavy then the one i have now, has anyone used the lowering brackets i seen advertised?
I have a 29" inseam and ride a 2013 Voyager. When I bought it I could stand mostly flat in my boots but just barley. I put the Luverne Lowering links on and it made a huge difference. It lowers the rear of the bike by 3/4" (if my memory is correct) but it feels like it lowered it 1-2 inches. Now when at a stop I no longer feel like im fighting the big beast to stay up. My feet are flat with a very slight bend in the legs. It was money well spent.
I didnt lower the front, just the rear and it feels solid and comfortable. I hope that helps answer one of your questions.

Old 05-28-2017, 07:04 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8v06 View Post
I have a 29" inseam and ride a 2013 Voyager. When I bought it I could stand mostly flat in my boots but just barley. I put the Luverne Lowering links on and it made a huge difference. It lowers the rear of the bike by 3/4" (if my memory is correct) but it feels like it lowered it 1-2 inches. Now when at a stop I no longer feel like im fighting the big beast to stay up. My feet are flat with a very slight bend in the legs. It was money well spent.
I didnt lower the front, just the rear and it feels solid and comfortable. I hope that helps answer one of your questions.
yes it does, thanks.

Old 06-04-2017, 02:49 PM   #8

The lowering links work fantastic on the Vaquero. They are sold by Luverne Kawasaki. I've had them on the bike for over 17,000 miles now. They allow you to keep your stock air assist shocks and make it easier to flat-foot at stops. In my opinion, the bike handles a little better due to the new stance. But, could also be my imagination. I wouldn't go back and you don't have to spend a lot of money to lower the bike a little. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask or message me.
VBA #01416
2012 Vaquero SE Candy-Lime Green/Black
aka "T'Kehla"
2005 Nomad 1600 Black/Silver
aka "Mystique" (SOLD)
2006 Vulcan Classic
aka "Lil'Wolf" (SOLD)

"Life isn't a race; no one gets out alive. May as well slow down and enjoy the ride."

Old 06-04-2017, 02:51 PM   #9

I've been using the lowering links on my 2012 Vaquero for a while now if you have any questions. Let me know. I love them and think they were worth every penny.
VBA #01416
2012 Vaquero SE Candy-Lime Green/Black
aka "T'Kehla"
2005 Nomad 1600 Black/Silver
aka "Mystique" (SOLD)
2006 Vulcan Classic
aka "Lil'Wolf" (SOLD)

"Life isn't a race; no one gets out alive. May as well slow down and enjoy the ride."