Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada West Group

Old 07-26-2016, 03:16 PM   #16

John,
I'm glad to hear that in the end all worked out for you and that your home was spared from the fire.

Your Nomad has to be one of the nicest looking ones out there with all the custom fabbed pieces that you've made for it. I can understand why you'd be reluctant to part with it, even though you have 2 newer HD's to ride.

"Sun on my face, wind in my hair, sound of my bike in my ears and peace in my soul..."
VBA Member #01514
2008 "Ultra" Nomad 1600, Candy Plasma Blue

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-31-2016, 09:58 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckrider View Post
John,
I'm glad to hear that in the end all worked out for you and that your home was spared from the fire.

Your Nomad has to be one of the nicest looking ones out there with all the custom fabbed pieces that you've made for it. I can understand why you'd be reluctant to part with it, even though you have 2 newer HD's to ride.
Thanks Al, even though the Harleys have more power, gizmos and blah blah blah...the Nomad is right up there and love to ride it.

Old 07-31-2016, 10:05 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdog View Post
Thanks Al, even though the Harleys have more power, gizmos and blah blah blah...the Nomad is right up there and love to ride it.
Every now and then I think it might be nice to have a newer Street Glide but on a recent week long 4200 km trip the "old girl" ran flawlessly. Nice and comfortable on those long trips. Why would I replace it? Besides, it's paid for!

"Sun on my face, wind in my hair, sound of my bike in my ears and peace in my soul..."
VBA Member #01514
2008 "Ultra" Nomad 1600, Candy Plasma Blue

Old 07-31-2016, 07:51 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckrider View Post
Every now and then I think it might be nice to have a newer Street Glide but on a recent week long 4200 km trip the "old girl" ran flawlessly. Nice and comfortable on those long trips. Why would I replace it? Besides, it's paid for!
I hear ya on that. Believe me the streetglide is not on par with the nomad. The streetglide will beat the hell out of you on a long road trip, the roadglide ultra is a different story. The Nomad will take you on a road trip in style too...don't make it anymore. Classic lines, pretty much bullet proof, comfortable and will pack a load without complaining. Yup, she's a keeper.