Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > NorthEast Group

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2015, 12:35 AM   #1

Waving Today's Announcement

As was announced today, I decided to accept the NE Leader position from Fish, and want to thank him for his work in that position over the last several years. I'm looking forward to taking over from him and working with TC, along with CNC and our good friends to the north.

For those of you who don't know me, my claim to fame around here is being the only person (at least I think I'm the only person) who ever had the timing chain slip while installing cam chain extenders. Some people just have all the luck. Thanks to Mac though, we had the engine pulled on my 2008 Nomad and the timing reset prior to the next riding season.

I've been riding about 40 years with well over 100,000 miles of saddle time, and now that I'm flirting with retirement, I'm looking forward to upping that number significantly, starting off with attending the rally this year down in Eureka Springs. Hoping to meet at least a few of the "legends" from this forum down there, as well as many new folks.

As for the NE region, I've already started thinking about the 2016 rally. But closer in, I have some other ideas. More to come later on that. You see . . . this heat wave we're having tonight (it's a balmy 19F as I type this, up from some ridiculous temperature around 0F this morning) has me really looking forward to the upcoming riding season. I know for some of you, 0F would be balmy.

Anyway, just wanted to say Hi, and hope to meet up with as many of you as possible over the next couple of years. We're halfway through meteorological winter and spring will be here before we know it. In the meantime, stay warm and think chrome!

Tom (tomm)

Tom Maziarz (tomm)
VBA #00766
2008 Kawasaki Nomad (Black)
1978 Suzuki GS750EC (My son is riding it now.)

2017: National Rally - Lake George, NY
2016: NE US / E Canada Rally - Mont Tremblant, QC
2015: National Rally - Eureka Springs, AR
2014: NE US / E Canada Rally - Lincoln, NH
2012: NE US / E Canada Rally - Wellsboro, PA

Login or Register to Remove Ads