Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 04-08-2021, 02:36 PM   #1

Just a few questions

So, I've had my 1600 for a couple months now. Have only had a chance to ride a couple hundred miles. There are somethings I've noticed that I had some questions about.

First, hi-beam/Turn signal/horn switch isnt working. i tested for continuity on the harness, and theres no break in the wire. head lamp, and front turn signals are on. brake light is on and works when brake is pressed, but rear signal lamps are not. Could the switch itself be bad? Is there a fuse that I missed somewhere?

Second, my dad installed cobra longshots on it. i'd read somewhere that a tuner should be installed to help fuel/air mix. I happened to notice he has a Fi2000 sitting on his work bench. It looks like it may have been installed at one point. Is there any reason he may have installed it, but taken it off? There's A LOT of decel pop at high speeds when rolling off the throttle. Would that be fixed if I re-installed the tuner? The original plugs were okay, 2 on left were kinda brown, and the 2 on the right were more black than brown.

Third, I know my dad hadnt ridden the bike in a while so I decided to do some preventative maintenance on it. I change the 4 plugs, did an oil change (yes, i forgot the screen in the side the pan), and I replaced the final gear oil with some hypoid 80-90w GL5. Is there anything else I should be looking to change?

I'm also looking for a different air cleaner, but I've had no luck finding anything since the bike is an '04 model. Any direction on that would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by BeardedGrappler504; 04-08-2021 at 02:40 PM.

Old 04-08-2021, 05:26 PM   #2

Check your fuses, also where your handlebar switches plug in....could be loose, bad connection. Yes, switches wear out and are exposed to weather, washing, sweating, etc....
Air Cleaner? Go to ChuckstersCustoms.com....he's a great guy, will fix you right up....

---------------------
Don't start no schit,
there won't be no schit....
*My Sarcasm is directly proportional
to the amount of Stupidity involved*
---------------------
VBA#03239
VROC#37400

VRA
---------------------
2014 Vaquero
2001 Nomad FI