In Association with VBA Web : Memorial | Merchandise

Important Info : Please Read!
If this is your first visit to our new forum (est. 9.20.11) and you're already registered on the old forum, you'll have to request a new password in order to log in here. To do so, please Click Here and fill in the proper info. You must use the email address that you originally registered with on the old forum. You will then be emailed a new password (if you don't see it, please check your spam/junk folder). If you have any problems at all, please email us at mail@VulcanBagger.com. Thanks!

Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic > Lighter Side/Jokes
Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2014, 01:54 PM   #16
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyboy View Post
And as far as the winter goes,......suck it up Joel and quit your bawling.
All of the other stuff was good Ricky. Hell, we even re-elected Obummer just to see if the first time was as bad as we thought.

But that statement was like throwing mud in my face buddy. I see you at Orofino I'm bringing the Turtle wax because your going to need it after I knock the shine off your noggin.
VBA 213
VROC 16913

Custer 09: Cortez 10: Crescent City 11: Kanab 12: Estes Park 13: Tahoe 14: Red Lodge 16
Old 02-12-2014, 06:23 PM   #17

Joel just to clarify or stir the pot depending on the point of view. Rickyboy has been living down Vancouver way for a number of years. A bad winter there means the tulips might bloom a little later than normal in February!
Only this year has he moved to an area that has real winters, so hardly a chance to get tired of the white stuff.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136
Old 02-12-2014, 07:17 PM   #18
Top Contributor

Norm, Ricky is one of the new pot stirring retiree's that has nothing better to do than sit there and figure out how to stir the pot with as little useful information as possible.
VBA 213
VROC 16913

Custer 09: Cortez 10: Crescent City 11: Kanab 12: Estes Park 13: Tahoe 14: Red Lodge 16
Old 02-12-2014, 10:27 PM   #19
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman View Post
All of the other stuff was good Ricky. Hell, we even re-elected Obummer just to see if the first time was as bad as we thought.

But that statement was like throwing mud in my face buddy. I see you at Orofino I'm bringing the Turtle wax because your going to need it after I knock the shine off your noggin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc View Post
Joel just to clarify or stir the pot depending on the point of view. Rickyboy has been living down Vancouver way for a number of years. A bad winter there means the tulips might bloom a little later than normal in February!
Only this year has he moved to an area that has real winters, so hardly a chance to get tired of the white stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman View Post
Norm, Ricky is one of the new pot stirring retiree's that has nothing better to do than sit there and figure out how to stir the pot with as little useful information as possible.

Oh stop the Joel .... that was a little face wash with some snow... not mud. Oh and forget that mamby pamby Turtle wax,....you'll need a good cut wax to "knock the shine off" my "noggin" Punk.

Also,....I have lots of [ better] things to do other than "stir the pot with as little useful information as possible"...I just choose not to......cause it's so damn easy !!!

And Norm's right about what I'm use to,.... even though I cut my teeth on Winnipeg winters. I walked to school every winter day
[barefoot ] in -30*F...........

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png
Old 02-12-2014, 11:23 PM   #20
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyboy View Post
Oh stop the Joel .... that was a little face wash with some snow... not mud. Oh and forget that mamby pamby Turtle wax,....you'll need a good cut wax to "knock the shine off" my "noggin" Punk.

Also,....I have lots of [ better] things to do other than "stir the pot with as little useful information as possible"...I just choose not to......cause it's so damn easy !!!

And Norm's right about what I'm use to,.... even though I cut my teeth on Winnipeg winters. I walked to school every winter day
[barefoot ] in -30*F...........
Spring better get here quick with all of this. Hey Ricky, you make up your mind if you are coming to Orofino or sittling in the reclining chair.
VBA 213
VROC 16913

Old 02-13-2014, 12:45 PM   #21
Top Contributor

I want to make it to Orofino for sure,.....BUT I have friends coming to visit this summer some time and not sure when that'll be so I have to kind'a wait ......
I'm hoping the guy from the couple visiting, will have his bike and come down with me. He was at the Custer rally and is a non contributing member of VBA. Either way there'll be no recliner for this guy this summer. I have a ton of things to do around the new place.

UPDATE: I just got off the phone with the hotel/motel in Orofino and have now booked a double queen room ..........in hopes that all goes well and I can make the trip.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Last edited by rickyboy; 02-13-2014 at 01:10 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 01:50 PM   #22

..Not to try to get in the last word....But on reading back..seems -- I -- am the champion of shutting down post's....

Of course adding comments to posts that are relics of the mayan empire may be part of that !

HOWEVER..I was raised on a ranch (well water)..and then spent a year or so drinking outa a supply...some where up in BC..(100 mile house, Spring lake Ranch, Lac Lahache, Williams Lake, Vanderhoof)....Might a been the same well rickyboy drinks from ! ??..cause we see thing's sorta the same way !
Old 02-13-2014, 04:50 PM   #23

Oh great now we have a tag team, kinda like TC and his multiple personalities, but two separate entities.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136
Old 02-13-2014, 06:02 PM   #24

I couldn't get either post to play ..? Maybe New Zealand blocks beer adds
Old 02-13-2014, 06:03 PM   #25
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Sam View Post
..Not to try to get in the last word....But on reading back..seems -- I -- am the champion of shutting down post's....

Of course adding comments to posts that are relics of the mayan empire may be part of that !

HOWEVER..I was raised on a ranch (well water)..and then spent a year or so drinking outa a supply...some where up in BC..(100 mile house, Spring lake Ranch, Lac Lahache, Williams Lake, Vanderhoof)....Might a been the same well rickyboy drinks from ! ??..cause we see thing's sorta the same way !

So you are from around these parts Sam?? .....I can only think "On The Shakey Side" is a fictitious place .... whats your location now?? ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc View Post
Oh great now we have a tag team, kinda like TC and his multiple personalities, but two separate entities.
The same thing I guess,...only different. But.... I like to think they broke the mold after they made me...

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Last edited by rickyboy; 02-13-2014 at 06:06 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:08 PM   #26
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by a340driver View Post
I couldn't get either post to play ..? Maybe New Zealand blocks beer adds

How's life down under Al ??? Ya I think they're pretty particular about their beer . .....ours probably doesn't measure up to their standards.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 02-13-2014, 11:17 PM   #27

"From" ?...well they say I was born out in the Sand Hills Of Nebraska...but when I came too, I was living in Kansas City..son of a preacher man!...with grandparents on both side owning cattle ranches out west....then told my -real dad was a rodeo man...and I found out i had 4 brothers..all real cowboys...by then I had read Mitchners books..and was ruined for any life syle other than Soldier Of Fortune...went for it at age 14, So after many years of all that adventure... Now..Well dog-gone-it.. I'm down in Northern Calif....go to youtube..and bring up red Simpson singing Roll Truck Roll....he's goin down the Feather River Canyon (hiway 70)..Gotta Go Down.Donner Summit Is Closed (I-80)...80 more miles and I'll be back home !

...down that Canyon 80 miles is Oroville,Calif,..and I'v been trying to -excape from there for many years !(but I got snatch&snared)

As for "Tag-Teams" after many years of -HERE !..off and on..I'm my own Tag-Team.. Me-Myslf-& I, and we are usually activly engaged in a conversation/argument.. business plan, or Excape Plan ..among ourselves !

Hope this dont -end- this thread !

Last edited by Silent Sam; 02-13-2014 at 11:24 PM.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:32 AM   #28

Quote:
"From" ?...well they say I was born out in the Sand Hills Of Nebraska...but when I came too, I was living in Kansas City..son of a preacher man!...with grandparents on both side owning cattle ranches out west....then told my -real dad was a rodeo man...and I found out i had 4 brothers..all real cowboys...by then I had read Mitchners books..and was ruined for any life syle other than Soldier Of Fortune...went for it at age 14, So after many years of all that adventure... Now..Well dog-gone-it.. I'm down in Northern Calif....go to youtube..and bring up red Simpson singing Roll Truck Roll....he's goin down the Feather River Canyon (hiway 70)..Gotta Go Down.Donner Summit Is Closed (I-80)...80 more miles and I'll be back home !

...down that Canyon 80 miles is Oroville,Calif,..and I'v been trying to -excape from there for many years !(but I got snatch&snared)

As for "Tag-Teams" after many years of -HERE !..off and on..I'm my own Tag-Team.. Me-Myslf-& I, and we are usually activly engaged in a conversation/argument.. business plan, or Excape Plan ..among ourselves !

Hope this dont -end- this thread !
no it dont, i am just gullible and curious enough to ask how you got to be named as such !

Last edited by mick56; 02-15-2014 at 10:41 AM.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:00 AM   #29

Silent Sam is a nick name given me by fellow crew members, in the early 70's while I was with "a mining exploration crew"..cause I always have a lot to say..thus am seldom --'Silent"...(did you know there really are -a few "noduals"- on the sea-floor in the central pacific !)..for further clarification and confusion those are "Manganese Noduals" (wikipedia it)..however that dont mean I was really involved in looking for --those !

I have heard rumors about a "mining ship" that snaged one that weighed around 4000 tons..and brought part of it.. up (er wuz zat a drilling ship?)

Last edited by Silent Sam; 02-19-2014 at 01:11 AM.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:31 AM   #30

Quote:
.(did you know there really are -a few "noduals"- on the sea-floor in the central pacific !)
That 's nothing, my kids used noduals in our pool for years. We still have some red ones, some blue ones and the old green one out in the shed.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136