Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada West Group

Old 08-23-2010, 02:12 PM   #1
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
R.L wondering how things are.

Hi everyone
As it's now late August I was wondering how all the "Western Canada Nomad Riders" are doing, and really just trying to generate some "chatter" here on the board.
Have you had a good riding season?
How's the bike running?
What if any, problems have you had with the Nomad?
Did you go anywhere of mention?
What's the weather been like for you?
When are you going to ride to? Do you have a date where the insurance runs out and you stop then no matter what the weather is?
Or do you ride till you can't or [in my case] ride till you're tired of getting cold and maybe wet?

I hope all is well with each of you. I had a good summer all things considered. Even with the knee operation. I mean ...what's wrong with not having to go to work. I'm back on the bike now[still not working] after taking the month of Aug. off because of the knee. The weather is holding but it does feel like it's getting to be fall. Last yr. I rode till the end of October with pretty good weather.
Is anyone interested in maybe making a trip to Anacortes WA for the annual Oyster Run?
http://oysterrun.org/ Think about it. If there isn't any interest coming from Canada I will probably make a trip to "netnorskis" place and ride with them. If you haven't been to the Oyster Run, believe me it's something else. There is the ride/loop it's self but the ride there is pretty nice! But they estimated they had anywhere from 20 - 30 thousand bikes there last yr.. Kris and I left there at 3:00 PM last yr. and there were still hoards of bikes riding into Anacortes. A real nice little town. You/we could make plans to stay over night there the day before the event.
Jump in here if you're interested. Hey!! it would be like having our own west coast rally. All though a 1-2 day one. It would be a good way to finish off the season. Especially for you guys "up north" there, or those of you in Alberta.
John....have you heard from Mr. Obama yet? Maybe give him a call. ;)
take care my friends

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Login or Register to Remove Ads