Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2009, 07:27 AM   #1
Advanced Member

Ya just can't relax on these things

Despite the temp being below 20 degrees, I decided to two wheel in today. (Last night, I knew I was taking the car, but this morning I thought of the HOV lane advantage on the way home and chose the bike)

Any-hoo, it's still dark as I'm using the ramp out of town to get on Rt.15 South. I'm thinking, "This is going to be cold. I COULD go back for the car."

I gradually gained speed on the winding ramp (No real hurry to start deep freezing). All of a sudden, there was a wheel (probably from a wheelbarrow) in front of me, in the road, lright in my line.

A quick zig and I was by.

Then, the sphincter tightened and the adrenaline rushed. I've taken this ramp thousands of times. I could almost do it with my eyes shut (Not that I'd try it after this experience).

At this time of the morning, I'm usually scanning the tree line for deer. Luckily, I just happened to be looking at the road with just enough time to spare.

My reaction was pure instinct. There have been times I've hit pot holes because I fixated. It's a little comforting to know I can miss some obtacles.

Login or Register to Remove Ads