Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > New Member Introductions > In Memoriam

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-19-2011, 06:56 PM   #1

The passing of a member and dear friend... Melody Marchbanks

To those that had the opportunity to meet Don (bluekaw1600) Marchbanks's wife, Melody, you knew you couldn't keep-up with her energy. You knew you couldn't out-wit her, or liven-up a group as fast as she.

Don informed me this morning that Melody suddenly and unexpectedly passed away from unforeseen complications early this morning. There was nothing anyone could do for Mel's ailment.

Mel joined Don on our North Central Regional Rally back in July of 2010 -- although they lived in Indiana's region -- and I can speak for many that we are glad they did as all of us have been friends with Don and Mel since that first meeting.

Don and Mel were part of the North Central Region's caravan down to Maggie Valley for the 2011 National Rally this past June. Mel, always being the trooper, rode all the way on the back of Don's Nomad -- and even survived our group's "Terror Ride" in the major storm that hit that area.

Several wonderful things have been created and blossomed from Trip's concept of KawaNOW -- one of which is the meeting of Don and Mel -- which clearly would never have happened otherwise.

Don, Mel, my wife, and I often talked about how this organization has allowed us to experience new people and have new friends for life -- which may never have been discovered otherwise.

Memories and pictures of Mel will be kept close to our hearts forever -- as I am sure it will for many.

We will not allow our extreme sadness of Mel's passing overtake the joy her life brought to many, including ours.

With that, we will celebrate Mel's life and the memories she indelibly etched into our hearts and memories -- for that is what will keep her with us forever.

For those wishing to know details of services for Mel this coming Wednesday, December 21... you can send me a PM and I'll get you the information.

Rest in peace Mel...

Sincerely,

Greg & Kendra Wilson
glwilson

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Login or Register to Remove Ads