Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 01-22-2008, 09:12 AM   #1

NOVA SCOTIA???

Have any of you ever done this trip? Wife and I are thinking about spending 10 days cruising around NS and PEI. Like to get some tips on where to stay / eat

thanks

vin

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-22-2008, 09:53 AM   #2

NOVA SCOTIA???

In the Oct 07 issue of Road Runner magazine there is a really good artical on Nova Scotia.

Old 01-22-2008, 10:17 AM   #3

NOVA SCOTIA???

thanks towering

Old 01-22-2008, 11:19 AM   #4

NOVA SCOTIA???

Quote:
Have any of you ever done this trip? Wife and I are thinking about spending 10 days cruising around NS and PEI. Like to get some tips on where to stay / eat

thanks

vin
I can't remember if you're on VROC, but Ute Mike on VROC spent some time up that way in the last year. At least I think it was Nova Scotia, for the company he worked for, now he's in Chile.

Old 01-22-2008, 12:56 PM   #5

NOVA SCOTIA???

I went through Nova Scotia, PEI and New Brunswick a few years ago with a motorhome, It was probably one of the best trips ever. Cape Breton aka Nova Scotia is beautiful beyond description. When we went we had no idea of what to expect, it was just a place I wanted to see since I had seen western Canada but not the east. The Cabot Trail is a highway that basically circles Cape Breton and the scenery is unbelievable. We saw whales offshore, ate fresh seafood in fishing villages, saw moose and deer as well as a ton of other stuff. Its a place I can't wait to go back to especially on the bike. There are mountains all around the coast and a large provincial park. We took the Confederation bridge to get to PEI which is a small but beautiful Province also, almost like going back in time a bit. Thet have the Ann of Green Gables farm there as well as a number of other things to see and do.When we left PEI we took the ferry boat back, its about a two hour trip and was awesome. The people on the east coast are very freindly and traffic is almost none existant. We arrived in Halifax during rush hour and the locals commented on the heavy traffic crossing a large bridge, it took maybe ten minutes. Compared to Toronto traffic at rush hour it didn,t seem slow at all. Like I said earlier its a place both my wife and I can't wait to see again.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-22-2008, 01:21 PM   #6

NOVA SCOTIA???

thanks ringadingh. you make it sound wonderful. When I was a kid we went to pei and had a ball. we stayed on the northeast shore area. played on the dunes and was surprised how warm the water is. Warmer than here in seacoast new hampshire. we will tour ns and pei...I assume that can be done in a weeks time??

Old 01-22-2008, 11:09 PM   #7

NOVA SCOTIA???

Easily done in that time frame..very beautiful area's. Went touring thru that area back in 79 and met many friendly people. Also ran into my grade 9 girlfriend at a beach there..small world eh.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:19 AM   #8

NOVA SCOTIA???

A week is enough to see most of what the east coast has to offer, We were gone 10 days with kids and inlaws, PEI can be seen in a couple of days very easily, you can cross it in 20-30 minutes one way across the island and about an hour or so the other way. Im sure if you make the trip you won't be disapointed.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951