Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada West Group

Old 04-04-2013, 01:41 PM   #1
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Where is everyone?

Hi to all the western regional members. It's been a busy time for me lately {or should I say still?} and I haven't had the time I'd like to have had to post. I'm guessing that the same might apply to a lot of you out there in the west, given the limited number of posts here on our board.

So I've been wondering just what plans have been made by you to attend "The National" in Colorado this June?...... summer for us on the west coast, but possibly spring for some in the other regions provinces.
My plan is still to attend the National but with the slight uncertanty given my work situation. I'm still off on "workers comp" with some physical problems in both knees and left hip.... which aren't exactly getting better. This is going to impact the amount I'm able to ride,...so there is a chance I'll miss another rally. I hope that we'll have a few of the western region members attending though.

Anyway I was/am hoping that this post might kick start some chatter on the subjct of "The National" from the Western Region and/or any other things you might have been thinking about. I hope you are all able to get out riding soon if you're not already. We have the weather out here on the coast for some riding these days but as of yet, I haven't had time to ready the bike for another season. I have some general maintenance to do before I can get out on the road.

So jump in here and give us an update as to how things are with you and how your winter went or is going and what you have for plans for in the 2013 riding season.

keep the shiny side up my friends !!

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by rickyboy; 04-04-2013 at 01:44 PM.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #2

Get well soon and get your eyes checked too, man those are large letters :-)
2012 Ebony Black Kawasaski Concours 14

Old 04-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #3

I just changed jobs a few weeks ago (no vacation for a while) so any long rides are out for this year. I hope to get a couple of 3 day weekenders in though.

Old 04-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #4
Top Contributor

My eyes are fine ....LOL I'm just watching out for the older guys that might have sight issues.

Duffy, maybe we can hook up with Hammer if he's feeling up to it and go for a ride up to Baker. He's away {I think} on a much needed vacation till the middle of the month.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 04-05-2013, 11:49 AM   #5
Top Contributor

bump !!

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-05-2013, 01:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyboy View Post
My eyes are fine ....LOL I'm just watching out for the older guys that might have sight issues.

Duffy, maybe we can hook up with Hammer if he's feeling up to it and go for a ride up to Baker. He's away {I think} on a much needed vacation till the middle of the month.

Sounds good to me although I don't think Baker (Artists Point) will be open for a number of months.

Hammer uses the winter months to pay for his summer rides (he takes his wife on cruises). He gets great vacations any time of the year that way.

Old 04-05-2013, 04:14 PM   #7
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy View Post
Sounds good to me although I don't think Baker (Artists Point) will be open for a number of months.

Hammer uses the winter months to pay for his summer rides (he takes his wife on cruises). He gets great vacations any time of the year that way.
Yes Duff I understand what you're getting at. "Happy wife, happy life."
I know his health hasn't been good though and he's had some family issues to deal with. So he said he needed the vacation, for sure.

But we find somewhere to ride to I'm sure.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 04-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #8
Top Contributor

bump

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 04-08-2013, 07:52 PM   #9

Hey Ricky,
We've been winterin' quite well here in Cowtown. Overall it has been a pretty good winter and I managed to get the odd ride in during February & March. Mind you, with the dump of snow over the past weekend it'll be a few days before a guy can think of riding again. I have seen Eagle Eye and leadbelly the odd time over the winter and we've chatted bikes and upcoming rides.

I joined up with the local motorcycle riders MeetUp Group and went on a group ride with them a couple of Saturdays ago. I have to confess to feeling a little uneasy riding with a bunch of guys that I've never ridden with before. When you ride with a regular group of guys you almost develop a 6th sense as to what the other guy is thinking or is likely to do. With a new bunch there's too much unpredictability.

Eagle Eye and I and a VBA member named Doc from Medicine Hat are the only ones from Alberta that I am aware of planning to attend the National. Really looking forward to it. Hammer and I are on a rolling rally through MT, ID and WA the week prior and will continue on from the end of that rally on to Estes Park. We'll have to co-ordinate a plan to meet up with them somewhere en route.

Take care and keep the shiny side up.

"Sun on my face, wind in my hair, sound of my bike in my ears and peace in my soul..."
VBA Member #01514
2008 "Ultra" Nomad 1600, Candy Plasma Blue

Old 04-08-2013, 11:32 PM   #10

Finally got the bike out for a short rip a week or so ago. It's running good I'm happy to say. I'm ready for riding season but, as Al mentioned, the weather isn't.
In my line of work, summer Rally's are near impossible. But I am hoping to get out with the locals a little more this year then I have been able to in the past.

Taker' easy

Old 04-08-2013, 11:57 PM   #11

I've been riding my SECA on and off for a month now. I plan on heading down to Everett and meet up with a group for the ride to Estes. So, I've been prepping the Nomad, and starting a spring tune-up. I'll get insurance next week on the Nomad, so if your ready, and we're both not working, lets plan to go for a ride.
Al

Old 04-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #12
Top Contributor

Sounds good Al,..let's stay in touch. I expect to be insured in a week or so. I too have a couple of things to do to be ready to ride. I have to tackle the coolant change and air filter cleaning, and plug change. I might change out the battery too as it's orig. believe it or not. It has no issues but I hate to have a problem on the road to ...somewhere.

Also nice to hear from you Albertans too. Stay warm now !! I hear it was 23 the other day. How much snow could be left. My friend and fellow member "midge" lives in Dover, but he rarely get's online. He works up north in the oil and gas as a B pressure welder.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Last edited by rickyboy; 04-09-2013 at 05:17 PM.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:39 PM   #13

I've been busy working and doing o/t. I'm in divorce proceedings. Have been working on the gonezilla project, a harley project, ford e-co boost project, model airplane engine mods, Nomad mods and maintenance, model car building, and family matters. Besides that, have been relaxing as much as possible.
No plans on rallies for me. I have a month off in may/june and will be hauling bike and golf clubs down to the island for 2 wks., then return to the kamloops area, park truck and trailer for a week, jump on bike and road trip to ???. Looking at property in okanogan/cariboo area for retirement. I will definately call you ricky when time nears. Looking forward to hooking up for java again...John

Old 04-12-2013, 12:29 AM   #14

Hey John, have a look at east Barriere Lake ... your welcome at my place as long as you like .. Al 4257 Barriere Lakes Rd. last lot before the lake

Old 04-12-2013, 03:23 AM   #15
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdog View Post
I've been busy working and doing o/t. I'm in divorce proceedings. Have been working on the gonezilla project, a harley project, ford e-co boost project, model airplane engine mods, Nomad mods and maintenance, model car building, and family matters. Besides that, have been relaxing as much as possible.
No plans on rallies for me. I have a month off in may/june and will be hauling bike and golf clubs down to the island for 2 wks., then return to the kamloops area, park truck and trailer for a week, jump on bike and road trip to ???. Looking at property in okanogan/cariboo area for retirement. I will definately call you ricky when time nears. Looking forward to hooking up for java again...John
Hey John,...good to hear from you again. By the sounds of things you've been kind'a lazy and not do'in much. LMAO !!
Divorce is never a good thing to go through,...at any time. I hope that goes well for you. The rest of the things will get taken care of,... in time.
Now retirement is a good thing. I've had a good taste of what it's like except I'm not living where I want to be. I hope you look around the 108 Ranch John. Lot's of great deals around my place. Kamloops is only a couple of hours away from my place but your living in Kamloops. Nice place to visit but.....I'll be going there to stock up at Costco but then I'll be gone. Hell that'll be the big city for you John, coming from where you live.
I think the 108 is the place for you my friend.
I'll be around Langley in May, ,....maybe June depending if I can make the National or not. But be sure to call my friend so we can hook up. Better if we can hook up on your way down to the coast in May.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad