Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > NorthWest Group

Old 09-01-2008, 04:49 PM   #16

We've Got To Get Going

Hey rksaw and Idaho; Thought I would ck-in to see what you guys are up to.

I would be particularly (and seriously) interested in hearing from Idaho about why no one has seen a sasquatch (sp?). I have my own theory; but maybe should with-hold it for fear of offending anyone.

In fact; you should call your group "The Sasquatchs"; I mean really... how could someone not want to learn more about a group calling themselves that? You may be onto something. Ha!

Seriously though; it has been a bit of a challenge to get our North Central site going as well. I keep trying to add new threads on it that are not related to the "Main" site threads. I try to bring up "rides" I have done; and other info that is more related to our region.

I have noticed that either Ponch or me have to post something of interest at least every other day or so just to keep the members checking back in to the NCR site.

We have gone-thru the listing from the main-page of the members located in our region. I have slowly; but surely PM'd each to see if they would post on the NCR site so we can get their attention. Some have begun to do so. I am sure some members are no longer logging-on KawaNOW altogether (probably HD or Goldwing defectors!).

It appears that we are very close to organizing a "fall-ride" with a few members located near me in Illinois and Iowa. This has begun to get a few other members to "post-up" on rides in their area to which they have been able to meet-up with other Kawa members. It has been a slow process; but is beginning to work in getting more people posting.

Maybe you could begin to do something along those lines in your region so that members can begin to know and get comfortable with each other. Let members know if you are riding; and where -- or about any "charitable" rides you may be attending... anything to let them know something is happening out there.

Anyway; I have rambled enough. Maybe some of this may work for you. It seems like the both of you are the most active in your area -- so likely it will be up to you to begin posting more on your region site.

For what it is worth. Best of luck and safe riding.

Greg

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-03-2008, 12:08 AM   #17

We've Got To Get Going

Greg,
Those are great ideas. Thank you so very much for your concern for our area and that we are able to get the "Sasquatchs" up and running. That shows class.

As we begin to roll into the rainy season, it will be a challenge to stay focused on riding, but I'm sure we will keep posting and try to get some from our area to join us here on these threads. I do think that our region probably has the least number of members, but I could be wrong. Regardless, Idaho and I will keep adding out public PM's to this area I guess.
Rich

Old 09-07-2008, 07:53 PM   #18

We've Got To Get Going

All you can do is give it a try. Winter will surely help a bit since more people will be "homebound" due to weather.

Good luck; and ride safe. Greg

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417