Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > NorthWest Group

Old 08-12-2008, 03:39 AM   #1

We've Got To Get Going

Hey all,
I've been taking a look at the other regional boards and have noticed that we in the Northwest Region are leaving much to be desired. :-[ First of all, we don't have very many members from our region. I counted 17 from Washington, 6 from Idaho, 3 from Oregon and 1 from Montana (none from Wyoming).

Second, we don't have a Regional Leader or an Assistant Regional Leader...Big John and Idaho, you two have been around the forum for a while...I think Idaho (High Plains Drifter) mentioned that we don't have an RL, so I nominate Idaho for RL and Big John for ARL.

Third, the other regions have each selected group names and even mascots. Do we need to jump on the bandwagon and select a different name? Thoughts, ideas, comments? ::)
Rich

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-15-2008, 12:15 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Idaho
We've Got To Get Going

Quote:
Originally Posted by rksaw
Hey all,
I've been taking a look at the other regional boards and have noticed that we in the Northwest Region are leaving much to be desired. :-[ First of all, we don't have very many members from our region. I counted 17 from Washington, 6 from Idaho, 3 from Oregon and 1 from Montana (none from Wyoming).

Second, we don't have a Regional Leader or an Assistant Regional Leader...Big John and Idaho, you two have been around the forum for a while...I think Idaho (High Plains Drifter) mentioned that we don't have an RL, so I nominate Idaho for RL and Big John for ARL.

Third, the other regions have each selected group names and even mascots. Do we need to jump on the bandwagon and select a different name? Thoughts, ideas, comments? ::)
Rich
Holy smoke Rich, you are the guy with all the energy here. I think YOU should be the RL and I agree with Big John for ARL.. You will do a great job. As far as a mascot goes, if we must how about Sasquatch? BTW, I can tell you why no one has ever seen one but that is another story. As far as members goes I've been trying to recruit new Nomad owners but for some reason can't get them online. See, that failure disqualifies me for any leadership positions. I move for nominations to be closed. All in favor chime in.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 08-20-2008, 08:02 AM   #3

We've Got To Get Going

Hello?? Is anyone out there? Rather loney here in the Pacific NW.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 08-20-2008, 10:51 PM   #4

We've Got To Get Going

I was thinking the exact same thing. I've been checking this page hoping that someone would respond, but no luck. I did get the template for the larger lowers today...thank you so very much.

I was looking through some old posts and thought I saw something about you being an Episcopal Priest and a Law Enforcement Chaplain. Was that right?
Rich

Old 08-27-2008, 09:47 PM   #5

We've Got To Get Going

Hi Rich, Yeah, that's right. I'm also a Chaplain for the local Blue Knights chapter. Idaho III. Too busy some times. Starting to think that I really need to cut back on my commitments somehow. I also have a full time job with Idaho Power and I started a non profit corporation to preserve and protect the Portneuf River in SE Idaho. I just resigned from the local fly club board but still have a few obligations to fullfill there, I got an Embrace a Stream grant from TU for the river and we used that to get an EPA 319 grant. Oh, and I sell mc adapters for Vulcans and Suzuki's.

How about you? I see that you are a youth pastor?
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-28-2008, 01:50 AM   #6

We've Got To Get Going

First of all...you're working, volunteering as a Chaplain, a clergy member, building parts for everyone else on the forum, running a non-profit, and tying flies? How in the world do you ever find time to ride (or fish for that matter)??? LOL.

Yes, I am currently a Youth Pastor for a good sized church on the OR Coast. I too am a chaplain for the cities of North Bend and Coos Bay (Police and Fire), and have also done some work for Coos County and the Oregon State Patrol. I have been associated with the International Conference of Police Chaplains, and love their Regional Training Seminar, but I know that I won't make it this year (Jan. '09). Too busy...
Rich

Old 08-28-2008, 01:55 AM   #7

We've Got To Get Going

We have definitely got to get more than just the two of us on this group page!!! I know that there are more in the NorthWest, but everyone just sticks to the main pages.

Do you have any ideas Bud?

Old 08-28-2008, 09:25 AM   #8

We've Got To Get Going

Well, I pop in from time to time, since I grew up in the NW I feel kindred to you all. :)
I, too, have been active in ministry most of my adult life including a 10 year stint at a Mega Church (14,000 members)
I really appreciate good men who are willing to serve others like two two are doing. Well done!

Audiogooroo - Daryl Porter
Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad

Old 08-28-2008, 02:39 PM   #9

We've Got To Get Going

+1 To the 3 of ya'll

Old 08-28-2008, 04:31 PM   #10

We've Got To Get Going

hi guys,i just recently joined kawanow and have only had my new
2008 nomad for a few weeks but i am looking forward to many
trips on it.since i live in south east wyoming i am seriously think-
ing about attending the nationnal rally in custer,south dakota
next june.do any of you folks plan tp attend?
landman #00745
VBA # 745 COG #11621
wheatland,wy.
rallies-custer 09,kalispell 10,crescent city 11,kanab 12,estes park 13,orifino 14.,red lodge 16

2015 ninja 1000 abs
2014 concourse 14
2012 concourse 14-sold
2011 vaquero-sold
2008 nomad-sold
2005 classic-sold

Old 08-28-2008, 08:23 PM   #11

We've Got To Get Going

Landman,
Thanks for checking out the NW Boards as well. We really would like to get more involved here in our area, and maybe next summer it would be good for us to plan an additional day of riding after the National Rally. I think it would be hard for most to get together seeing how far spread out we are. Maybe some on the I-5 corridor can touch base, but those--like you--from further away, we'll just have to keep in touch with through the forum.

I know that many would love to see pics of your bike, so when you get the chance, look at the following thread:

http://kawanow.proboards77.com/index...ad=6218&page=1

Again, glad to have you aboard.
Rich

Old 08-28-2008, 10:32 PM   #12

We've Got To Get Going

landman, welcome. Where 'bouts are you in Wyoming? SE may put you around Cheyenne or Laramie. That's a ways from here. I blew through there in July on I-80 and had a great time both ways.

BTW Rich, my best friend lives in Walla Walla. I rode up there last fall and we went to the Blue Mts to fish the Wallawa River on the bikes. He now rides a Kawi but at the time was on a BMW. I will let you know if I get up that way. It's only 500 miles.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 08-29-2008, 02:36 AM   #13

We've Got To Get Going

Definitely tell me, I'd love to ride and I enjoy casting...I mean fishing, every once in a while.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:47 PM   #14

We've Got To Get Going

hi guys,
it was good to hear from you all.i live in wheatland,wy.
which is on I-25 about 70 miles north of cheyenne.i made my
reservation today at the bavarian in custer,s.d. for the rally
next summer.hopefully we can all meet there and ride together.
since it is only about four hours from my house i am familiar with
the roads up there.all i can tell you is that if you have not been
riding in the black hills before you are going to love it.some of
the best riding in the country in my opinion.that is one of the
main reasons the harley sturgis rally draws 500.000 bikers
every august.
VBA # 745 COG #11621
wheatland,wy.
rallies-custer 09,kalispell 10,crescent city 11,kanab 12,estes park 13,orifino 14.,red lodge 16

2015 ninja 1000 abs
2014 concourse 14
2012 concourse 14-sold
2011 vaquero-sold
2008 nomad-sold
2005 classic-sold

Old 08-30-2008, 12:56 PM   #15

We've Got To Get Going

Sounds like a great time!!! I'm still waiting to see what this fall brings, and then talk to the misses about the two of us heading out there. I should have a better idea about whether or not we'd be able to make it after the first of the year.