Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 10-15-2007, 11:58 AM   #1

Edmonds Lowers

Anybody know if Edmonds Enterprises is still in business? I have tried twice this month to order a set of lowers by clicking the email button on the web site and have gotten no replies.
By the way, since I'm a new guy, I have a 2006 Green and Silver Nomad and love it. I live in Georgia.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-15-2007, 12:52 PM   #2
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Edmonds Lowers

I have the same bike and color as you. I bought mine through them and didn't have a problem but that was last year.

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 10-15-2007, 01:41 PM   #3
Top Contributor

Edmonds Lowers

Edmonds has been redesigning their lowers to fit '05 and newer with Cobra lightbars. They might have the reg fitment with stock lightbar. They sent me the first set to beta test to see if they fit the cobra light setup. I wasn't too impressed with them to be honest. Well made, fit pretty good but not that big. they also created alot of wind turbulence up over the tank which blows your beard up in your face. My brother made a homemade set which actually worked alot better.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:26 PM   #4

Edmonds Lowers

Welcome to the sight, If you look around there are patterns you can use to make your own lowers that are almost identical to Edmunds. Use a piece of lexan and a jigsaw. I cant remember which sight had them, you can try Delphi forums, Gadgets or VROC.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 10-15-2007, 07:26 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to Idaho
Edmonds Lowers

Radio, first, welcome to the site. You will like it here. Next, look at my signature picture, I made those lowers. If you like the pattern send me an email with your mailing address and I will send you the pattern.
Idaho
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-16-2007, 03:41 PM   #6

Edmonds Lowers

And if you dont like Idaho's and want a larger lowers I can hook you up with my pattern as well on my 06 Nomad. Also Welcome.

Chuck

Old 10-16-2007, 06:49 PM   #7

Edmonds Lowers

Quote:
I have the same bike and color as you. I bought mine through them and didn't have a problem but that was last year.
BD, to what extent did they reduce the buffeting for you? I have been thinking about getting them, but recently the reviews seem a bit mixed. Some indicate complete reduction, so say partial. Perhaps it is windshield position. Mine is half-way up. I'm good up to about 60 mph and above that really notice the buffeting (lower speed if there is a head wind.) All day at 75 gets and the head bouncing gets tiring. If they have a good shape all worked out, then I would just as soon go with it instead of designing my own.

Dan K
Member #100
2009 ST1300: Performance exceeding even Victory riders' boasts.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:40 PM   #8
Top Contributor

Edmonds Lowers

I feel any design or size you come up with, your version or pro done will only REDUCE buffeting, NOT totally eliminate it. if you want 100% reduction you will be dissppointed as i was. Nothing can block off that much wind except a fairing with shield. Lowers are good for maybe 75% reduction, my 2cw!

Old 10-16-2007, 08:55 PM   #9
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Edmonds Lowers

Quote:
[quote:r1hbxn4q]I have the same bike and color as you. I bought mine through them and didn't have a problem but that was last year.
BD, to what extent did they reduce the buffeting for you? I have been thinking about getting them, but recently the reviews seem a bit mixed. Some indicate complete reduction, so say partial. Perhaps it is windshield position. Mine is half-way up. I'm good up to about 60 mph and above that really notice the buffeting (lower speed if there is a head wind.) All day at 75 gets and the head bouncing gets tiring. If they have a good shape all worked out, then I would just as soon go with it instead of designing my own.[/quote:r1hbxn4q]

Dank, I'm kinda tall 6'2" and my shield is all the way up and I can just see over it. I have the extra large lowers. Edmonds, I believe make 3 different sizes. The windshield has to be all the way up or the large ones won't mount. If you have to have the windshield lower you will need the smally lowers.

Set up this way, I rode for almost 100 miles at 90 plus with a friend on his Gold Wing with my full face helmet and the face shield flipped up (no sunglasses) and we could talk to each other and I had no wind in my eyes.

It may not be total elimination of "buffeting" but I haven't ridden behind a quieter motorcycle except my buddy's Gold Wing and it was a close call. Even he was surprised that he sat comfortably on my bike at high speed and it was pretty calm.

I wouldn't take a long trip without them! They've never been off except once just to see the difference. I came right home and put them back on!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 10-17-2007, 03:14 AM   #10

Edmonds Lowers

Quote:
[quote:uywe8l3n]

BD, to what extent did they reduce the buffeting for you? I have been thinking about getting them, but recently the reviews seem a bit mixed. Some indicate complete reduction, so say partial. Perhaps it is windshield position. Mine is half-way up. I'm good up to about 60 mph and above that really notice the buffeting (lower speed if there is a head wind.) All day at 75 gets and the head bouncing gets tiring. If they have a good shape all worked out, then I would just as soon go with it instead of designing my own.
Thanks! I'll go ahead and buy a set. Assuming they are still in business, which was the original theme of this thread.

Dank, I'm kinda tall 6'2" and my shield is all the way up and I can just see over it. I have the extra large lowers. Edmonds, I believe make 3 different sizes. The windshield has to be all the way up or the large ones won't mount. If you have to have the windshield lower you will need the smally lowers.

Set up this way, I rode for almost 100 miles at 90 plus with a friend on his Gold Wing with my full face helmet and the face shield flipped up (no sunglasses) and we could talk to each other and I had no wind in my eyes.

It may not be total elimination of "buffeting" but I haven't ridden behind a quieter motorcycle except my buddy's Gold Wing and it was a close call. Even he was surprised that he sat comfortably on my bike at high speed and it was pretty calm.

I wouldn't take a long trip without them! They've never been off except once just to see the difference. I came right home and put them back on!
[/quote:uywe8l3n]

Dan K
Member #100
2009 ST1300: Performance exceeding even Victory riders' boasts.

Old 10-18-2007, 04:56 PM   #11

Edmonds Lowers

His email got screwed up on his site. He's in business. Just sent me a set of lowers for my bike.
Here's his email. Tell him I sent you
sidfindley61@gmail.com
Ride safe,
Dano