Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 05-11-2013, 11:59 AM   #1

1700 Nomad on the CRT dyno

Mike gave me permission to post the results of the mods on his skoot. The two runs represent the before and after.

The blue run is the before and the only mods were the Tri-Ovals and a K&N filter.

The red run is with Chuckster's BAK, the PCV w/ ignition, a CRT mod and custom mapping.

The first graph is H.P., peak power went up by 8.6. Look at the cursor highlighting 3500 rpm which shows an increase of 6 H.P.!

This is the torque graph, peak torque increased by 8.2 pnds. The increase at 2400rpm is 9 pnds...NICE!!

Mike is saying he is seeing about a 1 to 2 mpg inrease on his initial ride, we'll have to see what is his long term resutls are.

Riding his skoot was a pleasure. These 1700's really wake up with these mods!

RACNRAY

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-11-2013, 12:21 PM   #2

Ray, when you install a new PC5 do you install maps & then dyno or does the dyno create maps itself? Once dyno tuned, does it ever need to be re-tuned if no system changes are made?

VBA #01922

Old 05-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchinguy View Post
Ray, when you install a new PC5 do you install maps & then dyno or does the dyno create maps itself? Once dyno tuned, does it ever need to be re-tuned if no system changes are made?
When I perform a custom map session I will start off with some kind of map. It could be a generic Dynojet map, a map I previously made for a similar bike with similar mods or a map for a stock skoot. I will then modify that map to suit the skoot that I am mapping. No two skoots are the same.

During the dyno operation I personally examine the air/fuel ratio, the shape, quality and quantity of the powerband to determine what changes to the map I must make. The changes I make and the end result in the a/f ratio is based on experience and what the engine wants and is telling me.

I have found that over time and mileage some, not all skoots, and mostly hard ridden sportbikes, may need some tweaking of the map as the engine accrues mileage and internal wear.

RACNRAY