Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-20-2016, 10:55 AM   #1

front wheel size 21" vs 23"

So the time has come to upgrade the front end on the new bike, I've looked around and searched and couldn't find a good thread with decent info on both size wheels. so here is what I "think" I know, please feel free to ad any valid info you have. I already know i'll probably catch a little heat from other member but it's to each there own.

21" bolt right up for the most part, either make your own spacers or Roaring Toyz sells them for $150 plus shipping. Use the OEM rotors or have A/M rotors made to match the wheel for $400+ this option can be had as a complete bolt on kit from Roaring Toyz for under $1800 Using stock rotors.
Again please feel free to post any additional info and I'll update this original post

23" would require new triple trees that are available thru several vendors, fender and obviously wheel rotors etc. http://www.bveneydesigns.com/products-1.html this guy seems to have everything needed to convert over to a 23" I priced it out and it's about $3000 with matching rotors, trees fender and wheel OR $2600 using stock rotors.

Now to me the size of the wheel is an appearance thing only, me personally I like the look. is there anyone on the forum running a 23" or bigger that can attest to the ride ability with the larger front wheel? from the research I've done this is suppose to be a bolt on deal and the trail numbers are very close to stock. any input would really be appreciated thanks

Login or Register to Remove Ads