Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rides/Trip Reports/Travel Information

Old 08-09-2015, 08:25 PM   #46
Advanced Member

I'll bring my long johns and glove liners with my north face fleece and my fall jacket I should be fine as long as the mornings are no colder than high 40's. Any thing colder and I usually add fleece lined jeans. I might also put on wind deflectors for my grips. I should be fine not so sure about Laura though I hope she has some warm gear.
VBA #02482

VROC # 36172

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-31-2015, 08:57 PM   #47
Advanced Member

I got back yesterday afternoon. No rain cool in the mornings warming up to 70's in the afternoon. Total miles was almost 1200. For me that was a lot in 4 days. The first 2 days I rode alone. My friends laura's bike broke down a few days before the ride. Day 1 was getting out there and rode Rt 30 to Rt 8 down Rt. 10 to my hotel. Got to love those Microtels cheap, comfortable beds and free breakfast. Day 2 was riding into the mid Adirondacks. I rode up Rt 30 over to 28N and down to the blue ride road. The Blue Ridge road is a must to ride. I mapped out ridding Rt 6 over to the west side of lake Champlain and down rt. 22 and rt. 9N. After a while I got bored and headed west back into the mountains ridding the blue ridge road and taking 28N and 28 making a long loop. The 3rd day I met up with Trevor (hillhouse) at my motel, We rode back along rt. 30 through Spectacular, the upper lakes, Tupper lake, Long lake op to Paul Smiths. From there we rode along rt. 86 though lake Placid and over to the eastern part of the mountains. We then rode up to the the town of Champlain crossing the upper part of the lake and made our way down the islands of Champlain along rt. 2 on the Vermont side into Burlington.

So far I thought the ride was great. The roads though the Adirondacks were in very good condition with some twisties but mostly swooping curves. With school back in it was a great time to go. I essentially had the roads to myself. I would of gone crazy if I was stuck behind a train of RV's and Sunday drivers. The scenery was nice the lakes are huge making lakes near me look like puddles. Not really any breath taking views like I've seen in the White mountains in NH however the Adirondack park is much much bigger and I did not cover the whole thing.

Trevor lead the ride home since he was more familiar with VT than me. We started down rt. 116 picking up Rt. 30 into Manchester, VT From Burlington to Manchester the views and scenery was outstanding. The green mountains are not even close to being as big as the Adirondacks but i thought the scenery was better. The roads were in very good shape with some really cool turnaround curves and twists. Again for most of the trip we had the roads to ourselves. We rode into Brattleboro were we took I 91 home.

If I do it again I'm going to look for the secondary roads perhaps spend more time in Vermont. I only ride in the southern part of the state.

Not really a lot of pics like I said the scenery was just ok and Trevor didn't pull over for any pics's in VT.

All in all I had a great time 280 miles or so a day was just enough for me.

I think the file size is to big to link the pic's from photobucket. I'll post some more thumbs.. that person is not me it's Trevor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0307.jpg (94.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0318.jpg (90.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0337.jpg (97.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0339.jpg (99.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0346.jpg (91.8 KB, 7 views)
VBA #02482

VROC # 36172

Last edited by ctrider; 08-31-2015 at 09:29 PM.

Old 08-31-2015, 09:31 PM   #48
Advanced Member

Few more thumbs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0324.jpg (93.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0347.jpg (99.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0353.jpg (81.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0341.jpg (86.7 KB, 8 views)
VBA #02482

VROC # 36172

Old 09-13-2015, 06:44 PM   #49

Sorry for the delay in posting Evan, have spent most of my time since returning at the camper, no internet access.
I had a great time riding with you the roads you selected were fun to ride. Hopefully if another ride is posted others will join it and share a good time. I'm leaving 9/22 for Bike Blues $ Barbeque in Fayetteville, AR hope I have the same type of weather we had

Present rides
1983 Honda Shadow VT750 - Harley Killer
2005 Yamahe V-Star - Yarley
2012 Kawasaki Voyager - Weeping Angel

http://tourofhonor.com/ #97 (2019) #128 (2018) #8 (2017) #458 (2016)
IBA #50918
VBA #2296

Old 09-14-2015, 03:15 PM   #50

Sounds like you had a god time. We stopped at "Tail O the Pup" this summer as well when we were down that way. I always find it hard to get lots of pics too. Get riding and enjoying it so much we never want to stop just for a picture.

Lovin my 2010 Nomad
Rob Woodall
Canadian Motorcycle Cruisers
088 Picton
VBA # 02445

Login or Register to Remove Ads