Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2017, 11:08 PM   #1
Advanced Member

Time to use the Dobek

I've had a new in the box EJK controller sitting on my workbench for about the last 8 months and it's getting about time to use it. I have a good friend who runs a web site on tuning Victorys with the Dobek and he's offered to help me get it installed and and properly set up.

The installation instructions don't tell me much and I know there is a detailed procedure somewhere on this site so will do a search for it. My only mods to my 1600 are Cobra true duals and a K&N air filter. I'll take this one step at a time with the EJK first and then maybe modify the intake down the line.

What finally got me off the dime on this is my recent purchase of a beautiful Rocket 3 Touring on which I'll be doing performance mods. With the Rocket we use Tune ECU to install a new map in the ECU while the EJK is an add on. Still, it made me wonder what the heck I am waiting for on the Nomad. The Cobra exhaust notably enhanced performance/acceleration and I'm thinking the EJK will awaken the Nomad beast a bit more. Like on my Rocket, I'm not trying to maximize performance but rather optimize it and the same with the Nomad.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by Navigator; 12-02-2017 at 11:11 PM.