Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > NorthEast Group

View Poll Results: Would you do either of the following? Muliple answers OK.
I would likely attend one or more meet-n-greets. 6 85.71%
I would likely do at least one destination ride. 6 85.71%
I would be willing to lead a meet-n-greet in my area. 2 28.57%
Leave me alone and don't bother me again until the snow is gone. 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-11-2015, 05:26 PM   #1

Coming out of Hibernation

Hit 60 degrees here in NH today, and the snow drifts along the driveway have finally melted enough that I can finally look over them. Means riding season will be here soon.

Anyway wanted to throw out a couple of thoughts and get some input from folks here in the Northeast and Eastern Canada Regions. Would be a bit of work organizing, so want to make sure there is some interest first.

1) When we did our regional rally last year, a number of folks indicated that they couldn't attend because they were not either willing or able to get a whole week off from work to attend. And this year with the National in Arkansas, it may be too far for many folks up here to make it. So thinking that on year's when we do the regional, we continue to do it as usual as a week long event. But on years when we do the national, we would also do a series of weekend meet-n-greets throughout the region. Maybe one in each smaller state, and one or two in each larger state or province. Thought would be to ride in to a pre-planned destination on a Saturday (200 - 300 miles max), spend Saturday night going out to dinner and socializing, stay overnight, and ride home on Sunday. Would ask a local person from each area to kind of be the leader for that particular meet-and-greet, but there wouldn't really be much for that person to do other than help pick a nice destination. Even if only a couple / three bikes showed up, it could still be a nice event. No other special planning except for picking dates and locations.

2) Would ask folks to suggest a few of their favorite destinations in their state and send them to me. I would compile a list of those destinations by state with a short write-up on each one. Then folks could look over the list and maybe decide some nice destination rides that they might want to take during the summer. If they posted that they were going to do a particular ride on a particular day, then others who might be interested in the same destination could join up for the ride. Would all be ad hoc, but would give folks both in and out of the region some ideas on what others think might be some nice things to see / do. Examples of destinations could be a restaurant, a scenic vista, a museum, a park or monument, a scenic highway, sunrise from a particular vantage point, etc. But not just a ride. There are plenty of those already available. (This is really just a slight expansion on what I saw a number of folks from around the Mass South Shore area do last year. Seemed like a good idea.)

In both cases, we could set up a Photobucket account and folks could post pictures of their rides.

So, would either of those be of interest to you. Please let me know what you're thinking.

Thanks,
Tom

Tom Maziarz (tomm)
VBA #00766
2008 Kawasaki Nomad (Black)
1978 Suzuki GS750EC (My son is riding it now.)

2017: National Rally - Lake George, NY
2016: NE US / E Canada Rally - Mont Tremblant, QC
2015: National Rally - Eureka Springs, AR
2014: NE US / E Canada Rally - Lincoln, NH
2012: NE US / E Canada Rally - Wellsboro, PA

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-11-2015, 05:55 PM   #2

I like the sound of that! Since we are in Kansas... we're in Kansas. It has its own beauty, but not like the mountains of Colorado, the wide open spaces of Texas (especially at sunrise or sunset), but we have some beautiful roads and places to ride. Or.... since we are so close to the MO state line, as well as Iowa and Nebraksa, some nice rides can be had within 300 miles. Sounds like a good plan... keep me posted.

Old 03-11-2015, 07:02 PM   #3

I'm up for both. I'm one of the MA/CT people that were doing it last year.

I think Evan (ctrider) already has an overnight planned for August. Hopefully he'll throw in the details.

It looks like I'm also going to have to make good on my bet with the Canadiens if they keep winning so I'll have to meet them somewhere up in northern VT or NH wearing that awful Canadiens jersey so that I can hand it over to Sly.

2010 Nomad 1700
Metallic Diablo Black/Metallic Titanium

Old 03-11-2015, 07:58 PM   #4

Leave me alone and don't bother me again until the snow is gone.

Now that's funny.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 03-11-2015, 08:52 PM   #5

Great idea Tomm Hopefully my work schedule will allow for some of this.

DC

VBA/KawaNOW #01625
Christian Motorcyclists Assoc.
Wheels Of Destiny Chapter #735
PA Wilds NE/Eastern Canada regional rally July 2012
Eureka Springs National 2015
Rolling Thunder Washington DC 2016
NE US / E Canada Rally - Mont Tremblant, QC 2016
VRA Eastern National at Maggie Valley 2017
99 Nomad G1 gone but never forgotten traded 4/8/17 for a 2017 Indian Roadmaster

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-11-2015, 10:22 PM   #6
Advanced Member

Frost heaves, pot holes, chemicals still on the roads the bike is sitting on the tender under her cover at least until the end of the month but probably until April.

Last year Hwyrider (Neil),Bigred (Martin) Laura friend of mine and myself talked about a ride into the Adirondacks. Laura wanted to make it international and ride into Canada which I thought was cool.

I've done some preliminary routing but its to early to post it as a ride in the forum yet.

Right now the ride will be the 2nd weekend in August. Martin and Neil are only doing one night and will not be going into Canada.

This is what I have planned right now:

Starting point is the Deerfield area in MA. Ride to Burlington VT and drop Neil and Martin there. Either continue into Canada or stay over night in the Burlington area. Suppose that will depend on if riders from Canada will come down to VT so Neil can do his Canadian jersey exchange or not or continue into Canada heading west into NY and staying over there. 2nd day is touring the Adirondacks heading down to the NY MA border. 3rd day is home.

Not sure if the ride will be Fri.-Sunday or Sat to Monday. Once I post the ride will just go with the majority.

Seeing Neil brought it up now I thought I would share what I have. I'm planning on posting it in April once i get a bit further with the planning especially where to cross the border.

Any input though from those in Canada or in the Adirondack area would be appreciated.
VBA #02482

VROC # 36172

Old 03-11-2015, 10:53 PM   #7

Mine won't be out until at least April too. The weather is just going to suck for next couple of weeks.

2010 Nomad 1700

Old 03-12-2015, 11:07 AM   #8

There are a bunch of meet ups that we do that people are welcome to join us for just the lunch and the ride or both. They are in various sections of western MA, northeast CT, southern VT, Plymouth/Cape Cod, etc. The rides to the places are the usually excellent.

Here are some of the spots that we generally stop for lunch that have good or above average food.

One of the best BBQ places in the state. Lots of bikers eat here. The lot is usually filled with bikes.

Bub’s BBQ
676 Amherst Rd
Sunderland, MA 01375
http://www.bubsbbq.com/ordereze/default.aspx

Best broasted chicken in the state. Not open on Sunday.

Bluebonnet Diner
324 King St
Northampton, MA 01060
http://www.bluebonnetdiner.net

Great meet up spot in Northeast CT. The food is always excellent.

Sweet Evalina's Stand
688 CT-169
Woodstock, CT 06281
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet...50674368355294

Hyannis, MA meet up spot with good spicy food. Chili, wings, ribs, sandwiches, etc. Best before Memorial Day or after Labor Day.

DJ's Family Sports Pub
165 Yarmouth Rd
Hyannis, MA 02601
http://www.djsfamilysportspub.com

Sit on the outside deck overlooking the harbor enjoying some seafood or indoors at both locations. Plymouth Rock is within walking distance but most people ride over and park there. Pay parking lots all over the place. There are also some free public parking spots that are hit or miss.

Easiest place to meet up is at the Dunkin Donuts at 24 Meetinghouse Ln, Sagamore Beach, MA 02562. It’s a short ride up from Sagamore Beach to Plymouth and gives the Cape riders a chance to join in.

The Lobster Hut
25 Town Wharf
Plymouth, MA 02360
http://www.lobsterhutplymouth.com

The CabbyShack
30 Town Wharf
Plymouth, MA 02360
http://www.cabbyshack.com

Sit outside at the wooden picnic tables and enjoy a good clam roll or some other seafood. Nothing fancy. A small place with good food. We usually meet up on the CT/RI border and ride down from there.

Iggy’s Narragansett.
1157 Point Judith Rd
Narragansett, RI 02882
http://www.iggysdoughboys.com/store/default.asp

2010 Nomad 1700

Old 05-29-2015, 07:30 PM   #9
Sr. Contributor

The snow is almost gone. I can be found under that tree tomm.

ps: tell Sue i love my rock still and found a white rock to go with it.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it