Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Motorcycle Safety/Riding Techniques

Old 03-09-2009, 04:06 AM   #16

DOWNED NOMAD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosko
Holy Crap Cheriann.

How's your leg?

Don't worry about the bikes, like others have said it's just material stuff and can be repaired.

Now I know I speak for all the other husbands here, I would want some kind of compenstion. ;) I'm not talking touch up paint.
That's what I said last night!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-09-2009, 06:11 AM   #17

DOWNED NOMAD!!!!

Quote:
Now I know I speak for all the other husbands here, I would want some kind of compenstion. ;) I'm not talking touch up paint.
LOL! Well, despite your question and hubby's answer, I have been married long enough to REALLY know the way to a man's heart......through his stomach!!!!

After the bikes were pulled apart and inspected, we took a nice bike ride to Cobb Island (about 20 minutes from us) for some nice seafood on the water!!! He was a VERY happy man after his belly was full!!!!

He even had a group of teenagers in a convertible waving and hollering at him!!!

Cheri Ann
2012 Vulcan Vaquero
VBA #2069

Old 03-09-2009, 06:38 AM   #18
VBA Founder

DOWNED NOMAD!!!!

What a happy ending.

Glad everything worked out CheriAnn.
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Old 03-09-2009, 07:45 AM   #19

DOWNED NOMAD!!!!

Thanks for everybody's support and kind words! I thought this was another "Boo-Boo" story worth sharing, if for no other reason, than as a reminder that these things happen with bikes!!!! LOL

I am doing great now and my leg is fine. Chaz ran home worried about his bike, but he wasn't mad at me and I'm glad I rank at least a LITTLE bit higher than his Nomad!!! LOL

Cheri Ann
2012 Vulcan Vaquero
VBA #2069

Old 03-09-2009, 08:45 AM   #20
Advanced Member

DOWNED NOMAD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazz
That's what I said last night!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-09-2009, 08:50 AM   #21
Advanced Member

DOWNED NOMAD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheriAnn
Quote:
LOL! Well, despite your question and hubby's answer, I have been married long enough to REALLY know the way to a man's heart......through his stomach!!!!
Yeah, uh-huh.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:52 AM   #22
Top Contributor

DOWNED NOMAD!!!!

I'm glad that everything worked out all right. Your leg was far more important than the bike. Bikes can be fixed, plus it gives you an excuse to buy more "protective" bling.

VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Old 03-09-2009, 10:05 AM   #23

DOWNED NOMAD!!!!

Some leather will cover up those dings. We get mad, we get glad. Main thing is your alright.
Bikes can be fixed, bodies take a little longer.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:15 AM   #24
Mega-Contributor

DOWNED NOMAD!!!!

I'm happy to hear how this turned out. Could have been much worse.

We have a split 3 car garage. single garage on one side of house, double garage on the other. Single garage is where the Nomad is king! My wife and kids won't even walk through the small garage for fear of getting too close to "that g*d d**n bike". ::)
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 03-09-2009, 06:38 PM   #25
Advanced Member

DOWNED NOMAD!!!!

Garages and bikes. Let me tell you my tale-- and we're still married!!

We had a garage added to the side of the house. The deal was that I would move my woodshop tools out there and Angie could have the entire house to do with what she wanted. The garage--other than for the two cars and two shelves for storing her non-freezable gardening stuff -- was mine.

Well, she started leaving things next to her car. She's always been a pack rat and will use any available space to resist getting rid of things. I knew down deep I was going to lose the garage war if I didn't resist. A couple times, I'd insist, we'd argue and I'd get my space back -- for a while.

Then, during the restoration of my first Classic (a '97 green and white beaut), while working on the bike, I had it parked on her side, at the end of the garage, perpendicular to her car (My working Virago 1100 was on my side).

For a while, to help here, I hung a whiffle ball from the ceiling that, when she touched it with her windshield signaled "Stop now!" (With some extra space to spare)

I had assembled all color-matching parts for the Classic. It was close to being finished.

I half-noticed her things beginning to accumulate. I didn't bring it up since her car was on the left of the garage and that's where she had begun to pile stuff. I remember thinking that with the Saturn 3-door, she was just causing problems for herself because the suicide door opened to the left.

Then, time slows down. I remember it clearly. I got a call while at Lowe's. "Bob, I had an accident. I ran into your bike andIknockeditoverandther'esastronggassmellandIcan' tpickitup.I'msosorry."

Trying to envision the scene, I told her to leave the garage, but make sure the garage doors stayed open. Then, I drove home.

As she described, the bike was on it's side as far as my metal air compressor would allow the gas tank to progress. There were no engine guards. I righted the bike and the only damage was a BIG %$@**& crease on the gas tank.

When I analyzed what happened, I got mad-- at myself. She had gone shopping and, knowing that her existing pile of clutter presented a problem for the suicide door exit, decided to back into the garage. Her spatial judgment was a bit off. I had had the Classic's kickstand on a 2x4 so it was almost level -- and didn't need much of a nudge to go over onto its opposing side.

If I had asserted myself when I noticed the first flotsam, there would have been no need to back-in.

The good? I started getting the bikes painted instead of waiting for the right-colored parts to become available.

Going on 32 happy (except for a couple days here and there) years.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:40 PM   #26

DOWNED NOMAD!!!!

Glad everything turned out well for you CheriAnn...and glad hubby got a "meal" out of the deal too ;)

I knocked a freshly painted hood from my brothers Chevelle into my mom's car and dented her car and messed up his paint job. That did not end quite so well.
2003 BMW K1200LT "Magic Carpet" DOA 11/7/2015
VBA #00291
IBA # 41995
DS #320
'08 Elkins, WV; '09 Helen, GA; '09 Custer, SD; '10 Stanton, VA; '11 Maggie Valley; '12 Townsend, TN; '13 Estes Park; '13 Blairsville, GA; '15 Eureka Springs; '16 Helen; '18 Custer, SD

Old 03-10-2009, 09:43 PM   #27
Top Contributor

DOWNED NOMAD!!!!

looked like a couple nads breeding,

Old 03-11-2009, 08:09 AM   #28

DOWNED NOMAD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc (Lonewolf)
looked like a couple nads breeding,
LOL!!!!!!!!!

I wish it could be that easy to get me my own Nomad!!!!

Cheri Ann
2012 Vulcan Vaquero
VBA #2069

Old 03-11-2009, 08:10 AM   #29

DOWNED NOMAD!!!!

Bob, thank you for sharing your story with me!!!
I sure do wish we could afford to have a bigger garage or a seperate one for my bike only!!!
The clutter problem in our garage is hubby!!!! It drives me crazy, but if I DARE go in there and start putting his tools and junk away, he has a fit!!!

Cheri Ann
2012 Vulcan Vaquero
VBA #2069

Old 03-11-2009, 04:30 PM   #30

DOWNED NOMAD!!!!

A man's garage is his castle. It could even be our "Man Cave."