Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Motorcycle Safety/Riding Techniques

Old 03-08-2009, 12:25 PM   #1

DOWNED NOMAD!!!!

OMG!!!! I am in SO MUCH trouble!!! Usually, he parks his bike right next to mine in our old smaller garage, but yesterday he put his big bike loading ramp in the back of the garage temporarily. When we parked last night, I couldn't pull up as far and he had to park beside me, only half way up.....I hope you know what I mean. So, today he's at work and I went outside to clean my bike up and put stuff back in my saddlebags (I had it at a dealer Friday).

First problem, was that his bike needed to be backed out first. I decided to wait until he got home later for that, but wanted to put my saddlebag stuff away. His bike was in the way! So I got on and DID NOT LIFT THE KICKSTAND UP, but tried to roll the bike backwards. It was stuck in a small crater area in the concrete floor, so I had to start rocking it back and forth to move it. I got it to roll forward more, but I wanted backwards!!!

I started rocking it again....and you have probably guessed by now.....the rocking MUST have lifted the kickstand on me because the bike started going over on me and I could NOT stop it!!!!! His bike weighs a freaking ton!!!!!! Worse, it fell over onto my bike!!!! My leg was pinned between them too!!!!! I managed to get calm enough to wiggle my leg free...thank you God!!!! Then I stood there in sheer panic as I looked at his pretty bike laying half way on its side into my bike!!!!

I was trying the technique to lift a bike yourself and it wasn't working. I looked it up again on the internet, but it was showing the person lifting it up from the downed side!!!! The downed side of his bike is up against mine!!!! From what I can see, his side mirror is digging into my seat and his hard bag has bent my license plate into my rear fender. OMG! The poor Nad looks SO PITIFUL!!!!!! Does that technique for lifting a bike yourself work from the other side?

Of course, I called Chaz in tears at work to tell him, CONVINCED I would be heading to divorce court for this!!!! Thankfully, he didn't bite my head off and remained pretty calm on the phone. I did get a call right back (a few minutes ago, now) though, telling me he has left work early and on the way home!!!!! Yup, that proves he's more upset than he let on to me on the phone!!!!!!

Please pray for me!!!! If his bike has any major damage, I still may be heading to divorce court!!!! What a way to ruin a pretty day!!!!! YIKES!!!!

A few pics:

Cheri Ann
2012 Vulcan Vaquero
VBA #2069

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-08-2009, 12:46 PM   #2
Mega-Contributor

DOWNED NOMAD!!!!

Sorry to hear this, CheriAnn. For once, I am at a loss for words.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 03-08-2009, 01:38 PM   #3
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
DOWNED NOMAD!!!!

We all feel for your hubby!!!!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 03-08-2009, 01:42 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to dabull
DOWNED NOMAD!!!!

with any luck, the damage should be minimal <fingers crossed>

Old 03-08-2009, 02:10 PM   #5

DOWNED NOMAD!!!!

Are there any Divorce Attornies on here?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-08-2009, 03:25 PM   #6

DOWNED NOMAD!!!!

Sorry that happened CheriAnn.
But in the grand scheme of things, it could be a lot worse. I'm sure your husband will be forgiving. Hey, stuff happens.

Audiogooroo - Daryl Porter
Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad

Old 03-08-2009, 05:00 PM   #7

DOWNED NOMAD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazz
Are there any Divorce Attornies on here?
Sorry dearest!!! :'( :-* :-*

Cheri Ann
2012 Vulcan Vaquero
VBA #2069

Old 03-08-2009, 05:08 PM   #8

DOWNED NOMAD!!!!

I'll tell you what....he got home the FASTEST he has EVER gotten home from work!!! He must have done 100 MPH!!!! LOL

Okay, it turned out to be tricky! His handlebar had gotten stuck behind my saddlebag, so we had to push the bike forward a bit to get it out before we could lift the bike.

Damage wasn't as bad as it could have been.....

My seat has a small tear and a small dent in that silver piece that runs underneath

His rack is what landed against my license plate, so there is damage under the rack to the hardbag

And a small scratch on the side of his bag

Does anybody know if Kawasaki sells touch up paint for the bikes?

Cheri Ann
2012 Vulcan Vaquero
VBA #2069

Old 03-08-2009, 05:19 PM   #9

DOWNED NOMAD!!!!

It's just stuff...

Stuff can be replaced... You didn't get hurt and that's what is most important.

&%it Happens.... :(

Old 03-08-2009, 08:16 PM   #10

DOWNED NOMAD!!!!

I'm sorry to hear about your accident; but you know that every bit of the damage (even the small stuff) will be restored (Somehow, I get the impression that touch up paint may not cut it for you all). This will probably be a learning experience for you; eventually, you and your husband will have your beautiful bikes in ship shape, and you will continue to enjoy them (the big picture). The process you go through to get to that point will pass. Be encouraged!!

Old 03-08-2009, 08:26 PM   #11

DOWNED NOMAD!!!!

Cheri Ann, I hear that there is a slightly used Nomad in your neighborhood that might be for sale, just has a few scratches.... .

Hope it all works out, ditto on what has been said about "stuff", but I think we can all feel the pain.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:37 PM   #12

DOWNED NOMAD!!!!

In hind sight, I hope you can see the humor in this. I don't mean to make light of it, but I sure wish you could have gotten some pictures of you stuck between the two bikes. LOL

What if you could not have gotten out, How long would you have been there before hubby came home and found you?

Old 03-08-2009, 09:13 PM   #13

DOWNED NOMAD!!!!

Cheriann, I'm glad that you didn't have any broken bones and bad scrapes while getting stuck between two bikes. Not to piss your husband off, but it's just a bike. And compared to a car, it's a pretty cheap bike. you on the other hand aren't so easily replaced.

I did a dumb move on my first Nomad too. I pulled into the garage next to the big rear tine rototiller, pushed the side stand down and got off all in one move like always. Only this time the side stand wasn't ALL the way down :(
I dumped it over onto the rototiller and gouged the hard bag up a little worse than your hubby's. No one to blame but myself on that one :(

perhaps Chaz will now dare to go off road and see all the sights that he's been afraid to go see in case the bike got scratched :)

Old 03-08-2009, 10:00 PM   #14

DOWNED NOMAD!!!!

Glad you wasn't hurt ;) Hope all the damage can be readily repaired without too much visable bandages...er.. damage. You'll
feel bad a while, but this too shall pass. Hubby will forgive you, just use that leverage girl. ;)

Old 03-09-2009, 01:36 AM   #15
Advanced Member

DOWNED NOMAD!!!!

Holy Crap Cheriann.

How's your leg?

Don't worry about the bikes, like others have said it's just material stuff and can be repaired.

Now I know I speak for all the other husbands here, I would want some kind of compenstion. ;) I'm not talking touch up paint.