Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Motorcycle Safety/Riding Techniques

Old 03-23-2008, 09:05 AM   #31

Personal pet peeves

After work one day , on my way home, a women in front of me thru her cigarrette out the window and I blew the horn to let her know I didn't appreciate her action, to no avail. Believe it or not she immediately lit another, smoked half and THRU IT OUT AGAIN, I blew the horn a little longer this time, nothing...within a minute she lit another butt!!! I decided to follow her and see how many times she did this. Within 6-8 miles, she lit and threw 3 more butts and , of course, gave them the heave hoo out the window, at me. All this time she never ever looked in her rear view!! She was completely unaware of who/what was behind her. When we finally came to a traffic stop light I pulled right next to her and told her to roll the window down. I informed her what she had done and how much I didn't appreciate it. She apologized. Other than ashes hitting me, the thing that bothers me is she never looked in her rear view. If I was going to pass her. She could've pulled into me not knowing I was there.
Spitters are another story.....that habit is dirty and disgusting. If someone spits out the window with me behind them I go balistic. I had people look right at me in the rear view then spit or throw the butt. If I knew there was a law against it, I would turn in those that obviously do it on purpose. Spitting is almost as bad as if you took a leak or worse out the window!!!

Have a nice day !!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-23-2008, 10:02 AM   #32

Personal pet peeves

Quote:
After work one day , on my way home, a women in front of me thru her cigarrette out the window and I blew the horn to let her know I didn't appreciate her action, to no avail. Believe it or not she immediately lit another, smoked half and THRU IT OUT AGAIN, I blew the horn a little longer this time, nothing...within a minute she lit another butt!!! I decided to follow her and see how many times she did this. Within 6-8 miles, she lit and threw 3 more butts and , of course, gave them the heave hoo out the window, at me. All this time she never ever looked in her rear view!! She was completely unaware of who/what was behind her. When we finally came to a traffic stop light I pulled right next to her and told her to roll the window down. I informed her what she had done and how much I didn't appreciate it. She apologized. Other than ashes hitting me, the thing that bothers me is she never looked in her rear view. If I was going to pass her. She could've pulled into me not knowing I was there.
Spitters are another story.....that habit is dirty and disgusting. If someone spits out the window with me behind them I go balistic. I had people look right at me in the rear view then spit or throw the butt. If I knew there was a law against it, I would turn in those that obviously do it on purpose. Spitting is almost as bad as if you took a leak or worse out the window!!!

Have a nice day !!!
Calling the Cops in Colorado might get them killed.

An off duty cop was following a truck last fall here and a butt was tossed out. He pulled them over and shot and killed the guy.

I know what you mean though, I especially hate it at night when you get the whole spark spewing glory coming at you.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:25 AM   #33

Personal pet peeves

Yeh Dan...it looks like a bomb just went off in front of you. Must be a form of IED'S!!!

Old 03-24-2008, 11:34 AM   #34
Mega-Contributor

Personal pet peeves

Quote:
[quote:3wu6fjl6]

I was on a ride today with about 30 other bikes. We were heading down US 60 into Wickenburg and a couple of Harleys not with our group passed us. One of these "gentlemen" spit out a mouthful of Skoal and it hit square on the windshield of the second bike in our group, ridden by a woman. She had chaw all over the front of her helmet and faceshield. Freakin' uncouth.
That is the hit 'n run action of a coward. If you had gotten his license plate you could filled a written complaint against him for assault. There are ways to fight back.[/quote:3wu6fjl6]

I was quite a distance back in the pack, and wasn't even aware of what happened until we were at a gas stop and she asked us if we saw what happened. She was livid. She's about 5'2" and maybe 95 pounds with her leathers on and rides a VTX1300 like she was born on it. The spitter and his pal passed us going pretty fast and we never saw them again.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 05-15-2008, 11:18 AM   #35

Personal pet peeves

I can't remember if I've already posted this one, but it happened again yesterday and I can't understand it (unless you are lost or don't know the area).

I hate it when there is a double left turn lane, and people get in the wrong one for what they want to do next. For instance, they want to go around the corner and then turn right at the next corner, but they take the inside turn lane, then have to cut across the front of you to turn right.

If they wanted to turn right, why didn't they just get into the left turn lane that goes to the outside, rather than the inside?

I get in the one that is the most logical for what I want to do next, I think some people get in the one with the shortest line, no matter what they are planning next.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-16-2008, 11:53 AM   #36

Personal pet peeves

Dan,

I have one of those exact same double left lanes situations you described. I stay in the "right" lane to make the left turn so I can immediately make a right onto the highway. All the time other drivers get in the left lane, cause it shorter, and then cut in front of you after making the left turn. I've almost been hit several times because of that. I wish popo would make an appearence at that intersection once in awhile. Very dangerous place.

Old 05-16-2008, 02:55 PM   #37
Mega-Contributor

Personal pet peeves

That's probably my biggest pet peeve. People who either don't know where they are going or have no idea how to get there. I see it daily. People turning right from a left-turn lane, people going straight from a right-turn lane. People exiting the freeway from the HOV lane, swooping across 4-6 traffic lanes and across the gore area to make the exit.

There are some places where I have come to expect it. On the US 60 (Superstition freeway), if you're heading west through Mesa towards Tempe, the 101 freeway intersects the 60. The northbound 101 ramp from the 60 is actually the 2 far right lanes, and you exit about 1 mile E of the 101. It has plenty of signage indicating the right 2 lanes are exit only lanes. I see people either exiting at the last minute or bailing off the exit lanes at the last minute virtually every time I drive it.

I'm willing to cut someone a little slack if they are in a car with out of state tags, but probably 90% of the traffic drives that road every day.

This morning, I was riding to work and I was in the left lane of a 2-lane road. Speed limit was 45, light traffic. In the right lane, about 50 feet ahead of me was a blonde woman in a white Mustang convertible she had a cigarette in one hand and a cellphone in the other. In front of her was some old beater doing about 35-40 MPH and it appeared to me he was slowing down to make a right turn on a side street. I watched the woman get right up on this cars rear bumper and without looking, she started changing lanes to the left, she eventually saw me and jumped back in her lane. I could see her throwing her hands in the air and cursing in frustration because obviously, the car in front of her had no regard for her and must have been deliberately trying to impede her progress. As I passed her, I heard her say "what an a..hole!" I wanted to slap the cigarette and cellphone away from this womans head and tell her to chill out and that it isn't worth putting other peoples' lives at risk.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 05-17-2008, 11:49 AM   #38

Personal pet peeves

About spitting out the window - Spit on aop and see how quick you go to jail for assault! Spitting is considered an assault just like hittinh someone Can't be too careful in the day of AIDS, hepatitis, etc.
If you have a cop friend, get the plate number and have them pay the offender a friendly visit. They need to know what they are doing!!

Old 05-18-2008, 10:55 AM   #39

Personal pet peeves

my pet peeves are all mentioned here except dogs that bit you as you ride by. oh and bees that go up your pant leg while ridding and sting you inner thigh.

Old 05-22-2008, 03:04 PM   #40

Send a message via Yahoo to jussmatt
Personal pet peeves

Most of mine are on here too...but the one thing I see DAILY is we have an intersection here that's always crowded... I10 & Grand Parkway (hwy99). When you go to enter onto the Grand Parkway from the I10 underpass... you have about 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile before the entrance ramp. The road is 3 lanes wide and one way. It NEVER fails...that you get the AS$HOLES who choose to wait till the last minute to get over into the entrance lane instead of staying on the Access Roads.... Causing people to slam on their brakes behind them.. Happens EVERY day...and I see a wreck there at least once a week. It's dangerous as hell in a cage.... and you feel like you've got a bullseye on you when you're on a bike!!

The other thing that REALLLLY pisses me off is what I call "Formation Flyers". These are the IDIOTS who obviously have never taken Drivers Ed. "Slower Traffic Keep Left" means NOTHING to these morons who choose to do the same speed as the people next to them regardless of how many lanes there are. It's like their traffic monitors or something.... If ya wanna do the same speed as the guy next to ya.... then how about getting in front or behind him and let the rest of the world go by!!!

I could stay here and type for days...but I'll move along now!!

Old 05-23-2008, 05:18 PM   #41
Sr. Contributor

Personal pet peeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer
just flip a quarter at them and break their windshield
Fishing weights work better.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 05-29-2008, 06:04 PM   #42

Personal pet peeves

Here's today's. I was getting on the freeway, and the entrance lane didn't really merge, it just went a mile and became the exit lane.

It warns you just after getting on, that it becomes exit only. The painted lines get shorter and closer together. I was getting on, and exiting the next exit, so I stayed in it.

Two cars in front of me kept going past slowing traffic, till they were going past stopped traffic (that time of day). When they got to the end, they put on their signal and stopped till they could force their way in. That stopped everyone behind them that wanted to exit.

That one peeved me. What's with stopping dead in the lane, when you were warned a half mile back that it was exit only.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:27 PM   #43

Personal pet peeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Lund
Here's today's. I was getting on the freeway, and the entrance lane didn't really merge, it just went a mile and became the exit lane.

It warns you just after getting on, that it becomes exit only. The painted lines get shorter and closer together. I was getting on, and exiting the next exit, so I stayed in it.

Two cars in front of me kept going past slowing traffic, till they were going past stopped traffic (that time of day). When they got to the end, they put on their signal and stopped till they could force their way in. That stopped everyone behind them that wanted to exit.

That one peeved me. What's with stopping dead in the lane, when you were warned a half mile back that it was exit only.
Same here Dan. I have the exact same situation going home from work everyday. I sometimes wonder how some people can be so stupid and still breathe.
Or maybe it's just selfishness. :-/

Audiogooroo - Daryl Porter
Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad

Old 05-29-2008, 08:13 PM   #44
Mega-Contributor

Personal pet peeves

My theory is probably 90% of rush hour traffic are drivers who take the same route every day, you'd think they would remember from one day to the next where the lanes end or merge and which exit they need to take. Some people are dumber than a bag full of hammers.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

Old 05-29-2008, 09:35 PM   #45

Personal pet peeves

"You can't fix stupid."

Audiogooroo - Daryl Porter
Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad