Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Complete Bikes

Old 05-14-2010, 03:58 PM   #1

Whats She Worth?

I have an 08 Nomad I bought new last year. The bike has 10,500 miles. It has a Mustang Solo Seat with removeable back rest, bag liners, Wide Open Customs Fairing with new radio, light bar, 2 new tires, new grips, highway pegs and lower bag rails. I have all orginal parts along with all service records. Whats a fair asking price?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-14-2010, 06:43 PM   #2

Whats She Worth?

I recently paid $7,000 for a 05 nomad with 6,300 miles on it, pretty much stock except for a cobra fuel adjusting thingamajig and a cobra tach, also had brand new tires on it. Don't know if that helps you at all or not but....

Old 05-15-2010, 04:12 PM   #3
Sr. Contributor

Whats She Worth?

I have no idea what it's worth, but probably so close to new, that you will have to discount the bike in order to make it sellable. If you have or can still buy the Good Times warrenty which is tranferable, that might help. Another way to make a good deal might be make the bike all stock and sell the custom parts seperately

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 05-15-2010, 04:53 PM   #4

Whats She Worth?

Based on ebay, I'd say bone stock $7500-$8500. Your options are probably close to $2000, but sadly you'll typically be lucky to get 1/2 that much for them. I'd say a fair quick sale price would be $9K. If you are just fishing, then ask as much as you need.
VBA #931R
VROC #16379R

Old 05-15-2010, 10:37 PM   #5

Whats She Worth?

I'd list it for $9999 obo.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-16-2010, 05:57 AM   #6

Whats She Worth?

I was thinking $10,500 as she sits....... $9,000 stock..... I can't decide what direction to go. When I bought the bike, my wife had no interest at all in riding. First year she never got on the bike. Now she wants to start riding. She wants a tour pack so she can have radio and arm rest. I thought about a new Kawa or a Ultra Classic. I'm not sure it's worth the heart burn of doing all that to the nad..... Jasper ..... I don't "need" anything it's not about needing "money" and if I wanted to go "fishing" I would tow my Ranger to a lake and start tossing crank baits. :-*

Old 05-16-2010, 08:22 AM   #7

Whats She Worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbypaddy
I was thinking $10,500 as she sits....... $9,000 stock..... I can't decide what direction to go. When I bought the bike, my wife had no interest at all in riding. First year she never got on the bike. Now she wants to start riding. She wants a tour pack so she can have radio and arm rest. I thought about a new Kawa or a Ultra Classic. I'm not sure it's worth the heart burn of doing all that to the nad..... Jasper ..... I don't "need" anything it's not about needing "money" and if I wanted to go "fishing" I would tow my Ranger to a lake and start tossing crank baits. :-*
If your goal is to get the most you can from the sale. Take all the mods off the bike. List the bike for whatever. Sell the mods separately. Pretty much when someone is looking for a Nomad, they aren't buying it for the mods. In your case, they'll pay a premium for being a late model with low mileage. I'd take off all the mods and list it for $9999 o.b.o., and sell the mods here or elsewhere. $9k is too cheap for you bike, or maybe I just over paid for mine. :)

Old 05-16-2010, 08:50 AM   #8

Whats She Worth?

All I'm saying is that based on my Cycletrader, ebay, craigslist,etc... searches I can find numerous 2008's with lower miles in the $8-$9K range. Your extras will sell for more if you take them off and sell seperate. I'm sure the Wide Open fairing and Mustang would sell quickly here, the tires depending on brand would as well. If you try and sell as the entire package, you have to find the right buyer who wants it laid out as you have created. I know when I buy a bike I want a "blank canvas" so I can modify to my taste. 10,500 for mileage is commendable for you on an 08, but there are lots out there with 2-3k that would be more apealling for a buyer. Ultimatley you need to decide what you have in it, and what you need out of it. If you want a different bike because the Nomad doesn't meet your needs, then you'll havbe to decide what type off loss you can sustain. Don't get me wrong, I hope you can sell it for $10500 as it sits. I just think you would get this amount easier by converting it back to stock and selling the extras seperate. Other option is adding a tourpack and wiring it with sound.
VBA #931R
VROC #16379R