Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 02-07-2015, 08:55 AM   #46
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen S View Post
Ordered my EJK yesterday, USPS says it'll be here Saturday. Ready to get it done.
If you need any tips Allen just give me a holler.

On the 1500, too much to list.

On the Vaquero:
V&H slash cut slip ons
Power Commander 5 and Ivan-ized ECU
Chuckster's BAK
Aux Audio adapter with bluetooth receiver.
Mustang 2 up Touring Seat w/ driver and passenger backrest
Kuryakyn Longhorn highway pegs.
Kawasaki 12 volt charger
Longer 1600 meanstreak SE kickstand
Full LED Daymaker light mod.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-08-2015, 12:58 PM   #47

Thanks Ken. I was hoping to have it installed yesterday but USPS seems to manage to make a 3 day delivery from a 2 day priority. Maybe it'll show up on Monday. I still need to get the K&N filter but wondering is it worth $65.00?

Old 02-08-2015, 02:36 PM   #48

Quote:
Thanks Ken. I was hoping to have it installed yesterday but USPS seems to manage to make a 3 day delivery from a 2 day priority. Maybe it'll show up on Monday. I still need to get the K&N filter but wondering is it worth $65.00?
I have a very slightly used surplus K&N replacement filter you can have for free if it's of use to you. It was on my Voyager for only about 6 -8 months, and only breathed pure NZ air anyway

I just can't let things alone, and replaced it after only a short time with one of Chuckster's BAK's. Since then it's spent time riding around with me unused under the left side cover, until I got around to clearing everything out of there to make room for a small roll bag of tools.

I'd only ask the cost of shipping once the package is away. PM me if interested.

Nothing screams poor workmanship like wrinkles in the duct tape
'02 1500 blonde Nomad (Sold) '97 800 burgundy Classic (Sold)

Old 02-12-2015, 02:46 PM   #49
Advanced Member

Quote:
For me it was worth it because I can clean it and reuse it. Does it add 20 HP?. Not at all, just flows slightly better than stock. I have just been on the fence about adding a big air kit. I read alot of threads regarding loud valve train noise, but that is mostly from people with stock exhausts. I am wondering if the V&H pipes will drown out any engine noise. I have the hyper charger on my 1500 classic and dont hear shit. That being said the 1700 is a diffrent animal.

On the Vaquero:
V&H slash cut slip ons
Chuckster's BAK
Kawasaki 12 volt charger

Old 02-12-2015, 08:05 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Vega View Post
For me it was worth it because I can clean it and reuse it. Does it add 20 HP?. Not at all, just flows slightly better than stock. I have just been on the fence about adding a big air kit. I read alot of threads regarding loud valve train noise, but that is mostly from people with stock exhausts. I am wondering if the V&H pipes will drown out any engine noise. I have the hyper charger on my 1500 classic and dont hear shit. That being said the 1700 is a diffrent animal.
Gonna get my order in for the K&N, got my EJK but haven't had the time to get it installed. Speaking of the V&H's pipes we have, one of my co workers told me "man yo bike sounds really good, I mean really good".

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-13-2015, 12:16 PM   #51
Advanced Member

Quote:
Gonna get my order in for the K&N, got my EJK but haven't had the time to get it installed. Speaking of the V&H's pipes we have, one of my co workers told me "man yo bike sounds really good, I mean really good".
I love the V&H slip ons. Really not a whole lot louder than stock unless you romp on it. I can hear the radio clear up to about 80mph. My 1500 is way louder. She goes to new home tomorrow though. I am selling her to my buddy. Its going to be weird riding next to my bike.

On the Vaquero:
V&H slash cut slip ons
Chuckster's BAK
Kawasaki 12 volt charger

Old 02-13-2015, 04:52 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Vega View Post
I love the V&H slip ons. Really not a whole lot louder than stock unless you romp on it. I can hear the radio clear up to about 80mph. My 1500 is way louder. She goes to new home tomorrow though. I am selling her to my buddy. Its going to be weird riding next to my bike.
I know the feeling, I sold my Intruder 1500 to a friend. My wife loved the bike but after she passed away last summer I had hard time riding it, felt like something was missing.

Old 02-14-2015, 04:53 PM   #53

Got my EJK installed, bike seems to pull a little harder, might just be me thinking it but sure feels that way

Old 02-14-2015, 05:26 PM   #54
Top Contributor

Now go for a short ride with the stock intake cover off. It will give you an idea of how much better the ride will be after a BAK install.

Old 02-15-2015, 02:52 PM   #55
Advanced Member

Quote:
I know the feeling, I sold my Intruder 1500 to a friend. My wife loved the bike but after she passed away last summer I had hard time riding it, felt like something was missing.
I hear you man. Sorry for your loss.

On the Vaquero:
V&H slash cut slip ons
Chuckster's BAK
Kawasaki 12 volt charger

Old 02-15-2015, 03:05 PM   #56

my ejk came thursday, waiting for some warm weather and my roaring toyz intake to show up before I install it

Old 02-15-2015, 10:42 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
my ejk came thursday, waiting for some warm weather and my roaring toyz intake to show up before I install it
Glad I got the EJK, simple installation and simple to operate.

Old 03-01-2015, 04:54 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjay View Post
Now go for a short ride with the stock intake cover off. It will give you an idea of how much better the ride will be after a BAK install.
Haven't got the BAK yet but I did pick up the K&N filter, I'm sure I'll have to make an adjustment on the EJK.

Old 03-11-2015, 01:03 AM   #59

Nice. So just bought the 14 Vaquero SE, from what I'm hearing, it needs fuelling. What other must do mods should I do? I didn't want to do too much other than 10" apes to start. Now you guys have me convinced I should get a K&N and EJK? Thanks :)

Old 03-11-2015, 11:42 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc796canada View Post
Nice. So just bought the 14 Vaquero SE, from what I'm hearing, it needs fuelling. What other must do mods should I do? I didn't want to do too much other than 10" apes to start. Now you guys have me convinced I should get a K&N and EJK? Thanks :)
The ejk works, simple install, simple setup. The k&n filter is another improvement. With the v&h slip on exhaust... Yep, love it. I used the settings on the ejk that Ken worked out, bike pulls hard and better mpg(thanks again Ken). One other thing I plan on doing is Ray's throttle mod. Every one speaks highly of it. So far I've been impressed with the vaquero, rides great. Hope it last many miles.