Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Old 07-18-2017, 09:55 AM   #1

Adding Windshield Tool Pouch

I recently bought an '09 Nomad VN1700 and also bought a tool pouch which is suppose to mount above the bars on the inside of the shield. The only problem is that the tool pouch would sit too low on the shield and I wouldn't be able to open the flaps. Has anyone mounted a leather tool pouch on the inside of their Nomad? I was thinking about raising it up about 4 or 5 inches and cutting 1" notches in the shield 6 inches or so apart so I can use the leather mounting straps by threading them through the slots and through the pouch to hold it in place.

Any thoughts about "dremmeling/cutting" slots into the windshield, or any other ideas?

Thanks.

Mike

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-18-2017, 12:42 PM   #2

Okay, #1 I'm wondering why this is in the Classifieds. #2 what I did was to drill a couple holes lower on the bag. The bottom of my tool bag sits just on top of the risers.

Old 07-18-2017, 12:47 PM   #3

Kawasaki brands a windshield pouch for your motorcycle. The mounts are on the bottom so it raises the bag up the 4 inches you need to clear things and be able to open. As far as cutting the windshield, can't help you there. Not something I would ever do.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2006-201...38.m2548.l4275

Old 07-18-2017, 03:38 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Y View Post
Okay, #1 I'm wondering why this is in the Classifieds. #2 what I did was to drill a couple holes lower on the bag. The bottom of my tool bag sits just on top of the risers.
Not sure how I made that posting mistake.

Mods, please relocate to the proper spot.

Old 07-18-2017, 03:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
Kawasaki brands a windshield pouch for your motorcycle. The mounts are on the bottom so it raises the bag up the 4 inches you need to clear things and be able to open. As far as cutting the windshield, can't help you there. Not something I would ever do.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2006-201...38.m2548.l4275
Thank you.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-18-2017, 07:25 PM   #6

I drilled 2 holes in my windshield to mount a windshield bag.
No problem at all'
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 07-19-2017, 02:58 AM   #7

Use sticky back velcro,then you can remove the bag without having to empty it,when you park up.

Old 07-19-2017, 10:58 AM   #8
Top Contributor

Or in your case, when you park the bike in a hedge.

Old 07-19-2017, 11:11 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjay View Post
Or in your case, when you park the bike in a hedge.

And leggit across the fields,with the police in hot puruit.All eventualities have to be catered for.

Old 07-19-2017, 11:49 AM   #10
Top Contributor

Your leg it days are over. You have probably not run since you were caught nicking sweets from the Co op.

Old 07-19-2017, 01:19 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjay View Post
Your leg it days are over. You have probably not run since you were caught nicking sweets from the Co op.

You are right on the first count mate. But i will have you know old chap,us Soft arsed Southerners, shopped at Marks & Spencer.Only you ferret/whippet racing,cloth capped Northeners,had co-ops back then.And i never got caught stealing sweets,my half a crown pocket money,bought as many as i could ever want.

Old 07-19-2017, 01:45 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
You are right on the first count mate. But i will have you know old chap,us Soft arsed Southerners, shopped at Marks & Spencer.Only you ferret/whippet racing,cloth capped Northeners,had co-ops back then.And i never got caught stealing sweets,my half a crown pocket money,bought as many as i could ever want.
You rich keds are all the same. Always bragging about how much money you have.

Old 07-19-2017, 02:03 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
You rich keds are all the same. Always bragging about how much money you have.

Rich enough to have Butter on our bread, is probably not the image of a rich family,that you have in mind mate.Times were hard in this country after the war.We had food rationing up until 1956,because you bastards were charging us such an extortinate rate of interest on the lend lease loan.The only winner in that war was America,the rest of us were still paying you for it 50yrs later.

Old 07-19-2017, 07:40 PM   #14

Quote:
Rich enough to have Butter on our bread, is probably not the image of a rich family,that you have in mind mate.Times were hard in this country after the war.We had food rationing up until 1956,because you bastards were charging us such an extortinate rate of interest on the lend lease loan.The only winner in that war was America,the rest of us were still paying you for it 50yrs later.
You and everyone else in the world. You don't think England was the first country we sucked the blood out of do you. Not something to be proud of but its what capitalism is all about. Turning water into wine and eggs into gold.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:43 PM   #15

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
Quote:

Oh quit being such a sissy Mate. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead