Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Old 05-01-2017, 11:52 AM   #16
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
Sorry? Why are you sorry Joel
You should be happy you and your wife fit on the Harley comfortably
I wasn't putting down Harley's or you guys choices, I was just curious.
You liking the Harley so far?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netnorske View Post
TC, the Harley certainly has a more cramped riding position for the driver, but the passenger room is much superior to the Voyager. I'm getting much more used to it and am really beginning to love it...!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would say the drivers seating is similar to the Voyager but the passengers is more comfortable like Kris said. However, there are options to help with the comfort unlike the Voyager. To move the trunk is a major issue with the Voyager and relatively simple with the Harley. The Harley has some adjustment built in with about an 1 or more where you can move it back. If you need more they make a kit to give you upwards of 3 to 4 inches of adjustment.

As for the drivers position, I think only the Cross Country compares to the 1600 Nomads for comfort for the driver. Everyone else is more cramped but manageable with some adjustments. So far I've put floor board extenders on which moved them out 3/4 of an inch.

As for power, the 107 M8 engine is a monster. Very similar to the Indian 111 and the Victory 106 but light years ahead of the 1600 and 1700. I have around 850 miles on it but the weather has been crappy now and work will be crazy for a few weeks now so that won't change much. So far I'm happy with the HD Road Glide Ultra. The handling is a dream.
VBA 213
VROC 16913

Custer 09: Cortez 10: Crescent City 11: Kanab 12: Estes Park 13: Tahoe 14: Red Lodge 16

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-01-2017, 12:15 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netnorske View Post
Sale closed this morning on this item!
Thanks Kris for the GPS.. I went home and promptly mounted it on the left handlebar, up high near the top bend and hooked up power.

Logged in to Garmin and registered the device, updated the maps, paired it to my Scala team rider head set and spent the evening making friends with it. Today I plan to pick up and a SD card for it, to expand the memory and add some tunes.. The device memory is up 84% after the map update

I saw you made contact with Al. Hope you can make the Chewelah rally. I know I'm looking forward to it.
VBA #03514

2002 Vulcan VN1500L Nomad fi
Pearl Burnish Beige/Pearl Luster Beige

Old 05-02-2017, 12:45 PM   #18

I see Joel got a Road glide ultra, and with the way the bars are mounted it gives you a more stretched out feel.
Was at a Harley dealer yesterday (son looking at a V Rod). They had a 2016 RGU setting there and it just seem bigger than the Ultra Classic. So I sat on it definitely better. Then the sales lady tell me they have what they call a tallboy seat. She has a demo one put on the bike, moves you back @ 1.5", better yet. Why didn't any other salespeople mention this.
Im not ready to move to a newer bike, but in a couple of year maybe.
And now the boy is looking at Used Road Glides 2006 can be had for @ $9000-10000 which makes is comparable to a Vaquero (which seem hard to find around here).
So I'll just ride his
VBA #02401
2015 Voyager
2006 1600 Nomad black(sold)

2016 Salem, Antlers,
2017 Eureka Springs, Lake George, Antlers
2018 Custer NR, Antlers

Old 05-03-2017, 12:35 AM   #19
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawalski Rider View Post
Thanks Kris for the GPS.. I went home and promptly mounted it on the left handlebar, up high near the top bend and hooked up power.

Logged in to Garmin and registered the device, updated the maps, paired it to my Scala team rider head set and spent the evening making friends with it. Today I plan to pick up and a SD card for it, to expand the memory and add some tunes.. The device memory is up 84% after the map update

I saw you made contact with Al. Hope you can make the Chewelah rally. I know I'm looking forward to it.

Glad you are getting acquainted with your new toy David...you will really come to love that thing...trust me on that one. If I can make the Chewelah gig, I would love to hook up with you for the ride over depending on your plans. Let's keep in touch. Cheers...

VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Old 05-03-2017, 12:37 AM   #20
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumber63 View Post
I see Joel got a Road glide ultra, and with the way the bars are mounted it gives you a more stretched out feel.

Was at a Harley dealer yesterday (son looking at a V Rod). They had a 2016 RGU setting there and it just seem bigger than the Ultra Classic. So I sat on it definitely better. Then the sales lady tell me they have what they call a tallboy seat. She has a demo one put on the bike, moves you back @ 1.5", better yet. Why didn't any other salespeople mention this.

Im not ready to move to a newer bike, but in a couple of year maybe.

And now the boy is looking at Used Road Glides 2006 can be had for @ $9000-10000 which makes is comparable to a Vaquero (which seem hard to find around here).

So I'll just ride his

You are either a fan of the shark nose or you aren't...there is no in between...haha. I'm a batwing fairing fan myself.

VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-23-2017, 12:54 AM   #21

OP, that is one fine looking bike. I love the colors and everything. How is the engine temp in the summer? Oops, didn't realize I was posting in the classified.