Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 12-19-2016, 08:57 PM   #1

Thoughts on 2016 and the VBA

What a great year of riding* it has been for a lot of us. Some of us were able to attend a rally or two in different corners of the regions. We got to see friends we have not seen since the last rally or it might have been your first rally that you had gone to in this fine group of riding enthusiasts. For those that were not able to make it to one we hope you can make it to the next one and connect the faces to words you saw on here.
As the riding season has come to an end for some parts of the northern hemisphere we hope we can continue to see each other on the forum and continue sharing stories,laughs, memories and exchange* lots information, as this is the time a lot of us do our major maintenance as well as mods we were holding off until the riding season came to a close.
On a personal note, this is the place after I got here that I learnt how to work on my motorcycle even though I am an automotive tech by trade. That fact, I am sure made it easier for me to understand the workings of our machines as well as follow along the ideas that were suggest by members of this group. A large number of you have become friends with one another and consider each other like family and just about do anything to help out if need be. I have valued the forum from the time I joined and will continue to value it and appreciate it for many years to come. I have made life long friends on here, that is for sure, that I will treasure for the rest of my life.
Thanks to past and present members of the forum for makin this a place where people can come and build bonds as well as gain lots of information on their machines as well as their spouses.Let us keep* sharing laughs as well as exchanging ideas on our machines to help us make it through these cold days.
We have lost some dear members either from health issues other circumstances. Some have moved on to bigger better things and we wish them well.We dearly miss seeing them on here or on the open road.
Merry* Christmas and a very Happy New Year to all.
VROC#34321
VBA#01867

2012 NCR Rally Savanna. IL.
2013 National Rally Estes Park, CO
2014 NC/SC Rally in the Ozarks, Mountain View AR
2014 NE US/Eastern Canada Rally,Lincoln NH
2015 VBA/VRA Eureka Springs AR
2015 Antlers Rally, Antlers OK.
2016 SCR Rally Salem MO.
2016 NCR Rally Hillsboro WI
2017 Eureka Springs AR
2017 National Rally Lake George NY
2004 Blue and Silver 1500 Nomad(RIP 9-26-19)
2000 Red and Silver 1500 Nomad
2012 Pearl White 1700 Voyager

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by Rasta; 12-19-2016 at 10:09 PM.

Old 12-19-2016, 11:13 PM   #2

Well said Amin, Merry Christmas to you and all our members.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 12-20-2016, 06:36 AM   #3

Well said that man. Not sure about "Some have moved on to bigger better things" though.What could be better than a Nomad.

Old 12-20-2016, 07:37 AM   #4
Sr. Contributor

Amin, you have expressed in words that a lot of us feel everyday when on the site.
Thanks for all that you do! Happy Holidays!!!
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 12-20-2016, 07:58 AM   #5

You nailed it, I too have made a lot of friends here over the years, and learned a few things as well. There is a great bunch of people here for sure.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-20-2016, 08:59 AM   #6

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
Well said that man. Not sure about "Some have moved on to bigger better things" though.What could be better than a Nomad.
Fishing boats are bigger, and they's some folks that buy fishing boats and haul ass and I shan't mention his name so he will remain nameless.

Nothings better than a Nomad Mate!!!!!

Thanks Amin. My thoughts as well. You won't find a better buncha people to meet and ride with.....

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 12-20-2016, 09:16 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhead View Post
Fishing boats are bigger, and they's some folks that buy fishing boats and haul ass and I shan't mention his name so he will remain nameless.

Nothings better than a Nomad Mate!!!!!

Thanks Amin. My thoughts as well. You won't find a better buncha people to meet and ride with.....
Yo Mick.Where you been hiding mate.I never paid a $ for the boats though,all pure generosity, from those that appreciated some help when needed.I want to ask your opinion though fella,being a Gentleman well versed in the art of diplomacy.What with all this goodwill to our fellow members,i was thinking of sending a Merry Christmas to old Top Cat.But the miserable old bloke dont read my post's anyway,so do you reckon i should bother,or not ?

Old 12-20-2016, 09:36 AM   #8

Quote:
Yo Mick.Where you been hiding mate.I never paid a $ for the boats though,all pure generosity, from those that appreciated some help when needed.I want to ask your opinion though fella,being a Gentleman well versed in the art of diplomacy.What with all this goodwill to our fellow members,i was thinking of sending a Merry Christmas to old Top Cat.But the miserable old bloke dont read my post's anyway,so do you reckon i should bother,or not ?
Yes you should reach out Mick, what better time than Christmas? Some people just rub each other the wrong way, I remember you and I had a little go when you first joined but that is long in the past from my point of view. Knowing Top Cat personally I can tell you he is a really good guy, but doesn't pussy foot around, just like you he says what he is thinking most times.

If either of you need more inspiration remember this bit of history.
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-h...tmas-greetings

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 12-20-2016, 09:43 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc View Post
Yes you should reach out Mick, what better time than Christmas? Some people just rub each other the wrong way, I remember you and I had a little go when you first joined but that is long in the past from my point of view. Knowing Top Cat personally I can tell you he is a really good guy, but doesn't pussy foot around, just like you he says what he is thinking most times.

If either of you need more inspiration remember this bit of history.
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-h...tmas-greetings

I dont want to get all sentimental in public.So should i send him a personal message.You know the kind of heart felt thing,like.LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES YOU OLD FART !

Old 12-20-2016, 11:44 AM   #10

Your choice Mick. IMO you don't need to get all mushy and sentimental just take the high road. The fact that you are asking in public shows that you are on the right road.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 12-20-2016, 12:11 PM   #11

Well said Amin. Have met a great group of people here. Some you only see once a year but it's always a good time. Thanks Trip for starting this forum. With out it I would not have been to so many States. Merry Christmas and Happy New to all our members.
2014 NCR/SCR Rally in the Ozarks, Mountain View, AR
2014 Antlers Rally, Antlers, OK
2015 VRA/VBA Rally, Eureka Springs, AR
2016 NCR Rally, Hillsboro, WI
2016 Antlers Rally, Antlers, OK
2017 National Rally, Lake George NY
2017 Antlers Rally, Antlers, OK
2018 NCR/SCR Rally, Custer, SD
2018 Canada East/North East US Baddeck, NS

Old 12-20-2016, 01:28 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc View Post
Your choice Mick. IMO you don't need to get all mushy and sentimental just take the high road. The fact that you are asking in public shows that you are on the right road.
You serious mate .You need to keep away from that yellow snow.

Old 12-20-2016, 01:43 PM   #13

Old 12-20-2016, 02:04 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
Even the most cynical bloke would have to say,that was a good efffort.Merry Christmas you bastards.

Old 12-20-2016, 03:42 PM   #15

Quote:
You serious mate .You need to keep away from that yellow snow.
Yeah I was Mick, but if you think it will hurt your tough guy image don't bother.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136