Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Australian Group

Old 01-10-2009, 01:23 AM   #46

Roll Call

Welcolm aboard Ronny

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-10-2009, 03:59 AM   #47
Advanced Member

Roll Call

welcome aboard ronny, great to see another nad rider on board.

Old 01-11-2009, 03:55 AM   #48

Send a message via Skype™ to aj
Roll Call

G'day Ron, welcome. Glad you can make it next week, should be a hoot. Castlemaine was on postcards tonight, my wife was quite impressed.

Old 01-13-2009, 12:40 AM   #49

Roll Call

G'day all. Greetings from Adelaide, South Australia. Sorry I haven't been too active lately Finky. Just been thru a computer upgrade and have been off the air for a while. My ride is a red & black '07 with a reasonable amount of bling, plus a K&N, Power Commander & Cobras. Got my towbar fitted recently, and took the trailer for a drag last week. No problems. I reckon a Nomad could pull a stump outta the ground in 3rd! Hope to be more proactive from now on. Hope to see a few Aussie brothers at the Ulysses AGM in Penrith. I'll have one on ice for ya, Finky!

Dingo. :)

Old 01-14-2009, 12:20 AM   #50

Roll Call

Sounds good Dingo we are heading up on the Wednesday so I will be looking for you up there mate Eds Ron and a few other's from here on Nomads are coming up with me as well to ther AGM.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-05-2009, 11:25 AM   #51

Roll Call

gday boys & girls matt`s my name,i have already met some of you but i though i better do a proper intro! Im a truck driver from the nsw/vic border town of albury/wodonga,i ride a 96 vulcan 1500 classic that been bored out to 1700,its also had a bit of head work done & has a high flow air intake {a dirty big hole cut out of the air box haha}

Old 05-06-2009, 01:51 AM   #52

Roll Call

bored the 1500 to a 1700 !!! see there you go, you've just put evil idea's into my head, and madcow's probably tearing piston's out of he's ford now and trying to jam them down he's cylinders....hmmm 1700 nomad

Old 05-06-2009, 05:11 AM   #53
Advanced Member

Roll Call

measuring my spare 351 flattop pistons as we speak.

Old 05-06-2009, 05:17 AM   #54
Advanced Member

Roll Call

ok 351 cleveland bore size is 101.5mm whats the bore size of a 1700 easyrider? i will have 6 spare pistons if it works...

Old 05-06-2009, 05:54 PM   #55

Roll Call

Just stick a turbo on same advantage less cost and work Ia am thinking of doing it .

Old 05-07-2009, 06:54 AM   #56
Advanced Member

Roll Call

so i take it the new nomad wasnt your cup of tea glen? i would love to turbo the nomad but i bought a cruiser to slow me down so its best not to have the temptation.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:18 PM   #57

Roll Call

i cant remember what the exact measurement was wayne,but do remember the mechanic saying he had never ordered pistons that big before & they were almost the same price as the standard ones but i stopped short of going for the big cams coz then ya talk`n huge bucks,standard one`s were $500 each & custom grind made them about $700 each & the budget didnt go that far! but a flow of the heads & a port & polish is what gets these twins go`n they recon,big cams would just make it un rideable around town,plus by doing the top end i get to do it all myself so i know it will be done properly! Im going in to speak to rick at rick heffernan racing today to book in a dyno session just to see where im at!

Old 05-08-2009, 05:08 AM   #58
Advanced Member

Roll Call

i love the airbrushing on the tank matt, i take it thats new since the ride day?

Old 05-08-2009, 10:04 AM   #59

Roll Call

hey matt, alot of people seem to forget to get the heads flowing better these days they just go for the bigbores and end up shaking their motor to bits, l'v noticed kawa has just increased the stroke to get the 1700 from the 1600, it would be nice if the cranks were interchangable. :) l noticed that you were into airbrushing, is that your work on the tank ?

Old 05-08-2009, 11:04 AM   #60

Roll Call

g`day wanye,yer right about the heads its not much point sticking a pipe & breather kit on ya bike & saying "yeah i can feel it has more power" & then leaving it at that because it can cost thousands of $ for maybe what 5% increase @best when if you really want MORE power spend another $6-700 on flow benching & get another 25-30%,if i didnt have to spend money on doing the gearbox when i rebuilt mine i would have got it balanced & blue printed & then flow benched,these motors are never going to be super fast but with a bit of a tickle up in the torque department you should be able to spin the rear in 3rd no problem & lets face it if its speed ya need go by a gsx or an r1,i just wanted mine to be able to flog the arse of my mates duce but alas i failed man that things quick,once i hit 3rd it gets embarassing eh
oh & the pics i did on the computer to see how it would look,the program has an airbrush thing that gives it the effect that you can see in the pics,i cant airbrush in the real world yet but i just brought a airbrush the other day & im going to get started over winter,im just waiting for some paint & stuff to arrive so i can get started.Computers are great for dumies like me,i feel i can almost airbrush now because i have a tablet thing that sits on the desk & you point a remote control pen at it & hey presto its like an airbrush, i learnt how to fly remote controll plane on the computer as well,when i went for my first lesson they kicked me of the flight line for doing loop the loops & dive bombing the other learners hahahlol