Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleafalumnus View Post
Bad cop! No donut!
Nice avatar pic of the Hansen Brothers!
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
"I can't stop that g**damn fast when you hit your brakes". Gee officer, that sounds like failure to maintain a safe following distance to me.
Thats careless driving around here.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 11-25-2013, 10:59 AM   #18

As a police officer I find this guy an idiot! As officers we are hired to enforce the law and be fair and eatable. 99% of our job is simple common sense folks! This guy was an idiot!! You simply have to allow for motors on the road. I have been carrying a badge for 19 years. I have been riding longer than that! I not only share the road, I give other s who ride two wheels a great deal of leeway, since I know what it's like dealing with idiots in cars!

I've been down hard (COPS, Season 10, episode 31)... Nearly killed due to a careless driver who was tailgating another car while he turned left in front of me.... I recovered... I'm still riding....2006 Nomad...

Old 11-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas nomad View Post
As a police officer I find this guy an idiot! As officers we are hired to enforce the law and be fair and eatable.

What? You're promoting cannibalism? Quite frankly, I haven't met too many cops that I'd care to eat. Do they taste like donuts?

Sorry Texas, I couldn't resist. I'm sure that you meant equitable or something like it.

"Sun on my face, wind in my hair, sound of my bike in my ears and peace in my soul..."
VBA Member #01514
2008 "Ultra" Nomad 1600, Candy Plasma Blue

Old 11-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #20
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckrider View Post
What? You're promoting cannibalism? Quite frankly, I haven't met too many cops that I'd care to eat. Do they taste like donuts?

Sorry Texas, I couldn't resist. I'm sure that you meant equitable or something like it.
They probably taste like chicken, just like armadillo and gator.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-25-2013, 03:25 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckrider View Post

2011 National Rally
2012 NCR Rally
2012 Antlers Rally
2013 National Rally
2013 Antlers Rally
2014 NC/SC Rally
2014 Antlers Rally
2015 VRA/VBA Rally
2016 NCR Rally
2016 Antlers Rally
2017 Antlers Rally
2018 NC/SC Rally
2018 Antlers Rally
2019 Antlers Rally
2020 Antlers Rally
2022 Antlers Rally
2023 Antlers Rally

2021 Indian Roadmaster Limited
2022 Indian Roadmaster

Old 11-25-2013, 10:16 PM   #22
Advanced Member

At first I didn't catch what the rider was doing so far over to the right just before he was hit, or why he had slowed down so much when the guy in his lane was pretty far ahead. But on second look I clearly saw the car on his left trying to merge in between them. All the bike was doing was giving him room. The cop was 100% in the wrong, obviously not paying attention.

Old 11-25-2013, 10:31 PM   #23

Start writing those tickets for me. See you in court.

2010 Nomad 1700
Metallic Diablo Black/Metallic Titanium

Old 12-06-2013, 01:55 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas nomad View Post
As a police officer I find this guy an idiot! As officers we are hired to enforce the law and be fair and eatable. 99% of our job is simple common sense folks! This guy was an idiot!! You simply have to allow for motors on the road. I have been carrying a badge for 19 years. I have been riding longer than that! I not only share the road, I give other s who ride two wheels a great deal of leeway, since I know what it's like dealing with idiots in cars!

I've been down hard (COPS, Season 10, episode 31)... Nearly killed due to a careless driver who was tailgating another car while he turned left in front of me.... I recovered... I'm still riding....2006 Nomad...
I'm not a police officer, but I can see the point of view. I mean as a police officer, it is really hard to enforce the law and be neutral on a lot of things. I think a lot of cops start off doing the right thing and slowly get their perspectives jaded. I wonder if theres any checks and balance system for all of this..

Old 12-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #25

Folks, yes there is a checks and balance system. While not perfect in any way, our judicial system does work if used right. Police officers do get "jaded" as some have posted. I guess after 19 years on the streets I have had the opportunity to become seasoned to the daily grind of seeing all manner of stupidity when it comes to driving and accidents. My goal since I first pinned my shield on was to be fair and reasonable with each person I came into contact with. I am not trying to toot my own horn here, but I have tried to put myself in their shoes, with them wearing the badge. What would I expect from the officer if I had just done what I had stopped them for? Each time I have been stopped by an officer (or trooper) I have always expected t be citeufor speeding (or whatever I was pulled over for). Yes, I have paid my share of fines folks. At the same time, I have been merely warned to slow down, as I in turn have done to a lot of t he folks I stop.

One thing I give no quarter on... Reckless driving, following too closely, Or DUI. I know not all cops are bad, nor are we perfect. Your average police department is a mere reflection of the society they protect. We are tasked with not only upholding and enforcing the law, but in being an example as well. When we cross the line, we should be held to the same, if not higher standards as those we serve.

Ride safe guys. The officer we are talking about in this forum is an idiot. Plain and simple. Our judges, not to mention myself and other supervisors woud have had him for lunch for being so stupid....

Oh... And you're right...it was meant to be equitable... Not eatable!

Old 02-09-2014, 08:58 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunrider View Post
The title of this thread creeps me out.
Me too. I thought that he had a run in with The Village People, that ended much better though.
Cobra Fi2000r ,Fire & Steel light bar,Cobra freeway bars, Kuryakyn highway pegs,Kuryakyn pedal covers,Barons 7 LED tachometer, Chucksters' 2" risers, Kuryakyn RTB controller, Kuryakyn grips, heel and toe covers. Galfer S.S. braided lines.

Old 02-09-2014, 09:22 AM   #27
Sr. Contributor

Did anything ever come of this policeman in the video?
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 03-04-2014, 02:22 AM   #28

CONUMBRUM ! ... You rear ended me Mr officer..you are in the wrong !..my neck is hurt , call an ambulance !

Cop say's..I'll haul you to the emergency medical clinic...

When he takes you outa the back seat...you are 30 miles out on Area 51..looking down an abandoned mine shaft !

Final Edit: Just gotta bear in mind WHO OWNS LAS VEGAS..and Nevada in general !
Had a great friend who was the chief engineer at the las Vegas Convention Center for 30 years....He had a LOT of information ..and contacts in that crowd...and a person -can- and a few have, "gotton lost in the desert..and covered themselve's with sand" !

Last edited by Silent Sam; 03-06-2014 at 07:52 PM.