Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rides/Trip Reports/Travel Information

Old 03-07-2010, 06:16 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to txtimberwolf
Mardi Gras

I took a little trip out to Possum Kingdom Lake yesterday to get away from it all for a few hours. Little did i know i was riding right smack dab into the middle of the Mardi Gras parade. I stopped into the local watering hole had a Dr. Pepper listened to a band play for a few and went out to watch the goings on outside. When the parade was all gone from the staging area I pulled in behind to make my way back home. BAD IDEA. The short 2 or 3 miles back to the main road was a nightmare. not only did i have to watch for little kids going into th road after leftover candy and Mardi Gras beads I was pulling the clutch every 10 seconds and holding it till my hand had cramps. I did how ever see a fellow Nomad rider in the spectators on the side of the road i was going to stop and say hi but decided against it when i looked behind me and saw what looked like 5000 cars & trucks making their way back to town as i was. If anyone was out there at the Possum Kingdom parade in a bright lime green jacket give me a yell sometime would like to meet up with you as far as i know i am the only one that has a Nomad in the county. All in all it was a great ride missed all the rain

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-12-2010, 10:46 PM   #2
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider
Mardi Gras

Sounds like it turned out pretty good after all. I do hate having to keep pulling a releasing that clutch lever.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181