Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Images & Video

Old 07-31-2012, 10:18 AM   #106

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post

Originally Posted by Kawhead
What can me said?

I didn't figure you for a hillbilly redneck joe. More like North Central New York State would be an accurate location judging by your well written dissertation, and the common intellect you share with known individuals residing in that location.

And Mike takes yet another shot at me. That wasn't even close. You were four states to far north.

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-31-2012, 07:44 PM   #107

You can only see it from the back, so perhaps the trick is to offer a girl a ride with out her seeing it and impress all who happen to tailgate.

Anyway the work on the bike is impressive, but I agree that sign ruins it for sure.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 07-31-2012, 10:02 PM   #108
Top Contributor

I can't believe this has gone on for 8 pages. Let me just add that I shut the bike off with the kill switch then fill from the left side after which I enter the info in my notepad with a pencil before cancelling my own turn signal.
Patriot Guard Rider
USArmy 1987-1990
2021 Can Am Spyder RT

2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - SOLD
2014 Nomad - SOLD
2012 Victory Vision - SOLD
2007 Black Nomad - SOLD
VMC #9367
VBA #1860

Old 07-31-2012, 10:30 PM   #109

What has that got to do with anything in this thread you snecy snec snec.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 07-31-2012, 10:37 PM   #110

There was a day you wouldn't wear a t-shirt in public... it would have been considered completely disrespectful. I don't suppose anyone here wears a t-shirt in public... do they?

There are many, many more things we do daily that would never have be done "back in the day".

Look at old pictures of crowds at baseball games. Everyone in the picture were in a suit or dress, and all wore a hat. Doing anything less was not acceptable.

When one looks at all of the changes that have occurred in our society over the decades... one shouldn't be surprised that "language" has also been expanded to include words that were once considered disrespectful... and certainly not allowed.

There was a time that wearing leather-chaps would have been considered disrespectful.

Tattoos were also part of the "unacceptable".

God forbid a man pierced his ear!

Motorcycles had their day in society as NOT being acceptable too.

So... maybe to some degree we are all a part of the guilty in allowing this to happen. Right? Wrong?

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by glwilson; 07-31-2012 at 10:41 PM.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:18 PM   #111
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
What has that got to do with anything in this thread you snecy snec snec.
Anything to lighten the mood of the thread, TC. And how dare you call me a snecy snec. That's utter bullsnec!
Patriot Guard Rider
USArmy 1987-1990
2021 Can Am Spyder RT

2014 Nomad - SOLD
2007 Black Nomad - SOLD
VMC #9367
VBA #1860

Old 08-01-2012, 12:26 AM   #112
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhead View Post
Trip oughta have a thing like the karma thing for folks who run folks the hell outa here by their second post. You know, like we use to paint a small swastika on our fighter planes when there was a confirmed kill?
I think Tim flew a Sopwith Camel in World War I!
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 08-01-2012, 12:29 AM   #113

I think everyone is overlooking something here
THIS GUY AINT FROM KANSAS
He is from Croatia, different country,language and customs
I would bet most people there don't even know what the sign say's
anymore than we would know if it was in his language
He doesn't have a firm grasp of the English language either. so he may not even realize how offensive the sign is to some people. it may have simply gotten lost in translation. ( ever get directions translated from Chinese to English). in his country saying that word may have no more meaning than saying shit or dam or some other off color words here. I wonder what would happen if you translated some of our off color slogans into his language, like mustache rides 5 cents or I had a Bush Beer shirt that said "to hell with the mountains give me your bush" I bet if someone wasn't careful it could get a little graffic in translation.
The guy just wanted to say hello and show us his bike. There was nothing wrong in pointing out the sign was offensive to some people. It should have stopped right there though.
From there it was all down hill to the point some members were making offensive and just mean remarks about his personals values and language skills.
You treat somebody like this in person. You better be willing to back it up
V&H pro pipe
FI2000
custom intake
work in progress

Old 08-01-2012, 12:44 AM   #114
Top Contributor

Patriot Guard Rider
USArmy 1987-1990
2021 Can Am Spyder RT

2014 Nomad - SOLD
2007 Black Nomad - SOLD
VMC #9367
VBA #1860

Old 08-01-2012, 12:47 AM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmyers View Post
He doesn't have a firm grasp of the English language either. so he may not even realize how offensive the sign is to some people. it may have simply gotten lost in translation. ( ever get directions translated from Chinese to English). in his country saying that word may have no more meaning than saying shit or dam or some other off color words here. I wonder what would happen if you translated some of our off color slogans into his language, like mustache rides 5 cents or I had a Bush Beer shirt that said "to hell with the mountains give me your bush" I bet if someone wasn't careful it could get a little graffic in translation.
The guy just wanted to say hello and show us his bike. There was nothing wrong in pointing out the sign was offensive to some people. It should have stopped right there though.
From there it was all down hill to the point some members were making offensive and just mean remarks about his personals values and language skills.
great explanation.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 08-01-2012, 11:32 AM   #116

I think he did a nice job on the bike. His air brush has talent. One thing to remember is biking (building) is all about uniqueness..and that he has accomplished. Well done croatia. As for the sign..not my thing either and not acceptable where I live unless your a 1% biker and you have them decalled on your bike and helmet.
I welcome croatia to this site as a new member and hopefully if he sticks around he will be influenced to North America standards. If this happens maybe the trend will be passed on in his society too but whatever, he is a fellow biker and proud of what he has done to his bike, so thanks for posting...Bdog

Old 08-01-2012, 01:21 PM   #117

WOW, I haven't been on this forum long, but until I read through this thread, I had no idea that there were so many uptight weirdo's around here. Nice bike, but I don't care for the sign would have been a polite reply. Instead, this poor guy probably thinks we are all a bunch of clowns

Old 08-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #118
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmyers View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdog View Post
I think he did a nice job on the bike. His air brush has talent. One thing to remember is biking (building) is all about uniqueness..and that he has accomplished. Well done croatia. As for the sign..not my thing either and not acceptable where I live unless your a 1% biker and you have them decalled on your bike and helmet.
I welcome croatia to this site as a new member and hopefully if he sticks around he will be influenced to North America standards. If this happens maybe the trend will be passed on in his society too but whatever, he is a fellow biker and proud of what he has done to his bike, so thanks for posting...Bdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin_star View Post
WOW, I haven't been on this forum long, but until I read through this thread, I had no idea that there were so many uptight weirdo's around here. Nice bike, but I don't care for the sign would have been a polite reply. Instead, this poor guy probably thinks we are all a bunch of clowns

You got to have leather balls to hang in this site sometimes.
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 08-01-2012, 01:40 PM   #119

Quote:
Instead, this poor guy probably thinks we are all a bunch of clowns
This group resembles that remark!

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 08-01-2012, 01:58 PM   #120

Quote:
The term "Ugly American" comes to mind
V&H pro pipe
FI2000
custom intake
work in progress