Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Old 09-22-2010, 10:33 PM   #76

Reckless motorcycle fairings w/KawaNOW discoun

My power supply for my stereo and amp is straight of the battery with a 20amp inline fuses ran it under the inside of the frame and up by the radiator. I need to post some pics.

I am also getting my fairing painted next week in Panama City during thunder beach bike rally, cant wait.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-23-2010, 07:39 PM   #77

When I ordered my fairing I ordered it complete, with radio, speakers, and painted. It came in yesterday, and it looks awesome. I installed it on my bike, only draw back was that I had to remove my Phatt II risers, and go back to my stock risers to be able to mount the fairing. After I get it all cleaned up I will post pics. Will hopefully get power to the radio tomorrow.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:00 PM   #78

Reckless fairing are filling up the forum LOL. Alex is cool to deal with..
CONGRATs on the new fairings
Rich

Old 09-24-2010, 07:37 AM   #79

I'm waiting for him to start making one for the 2009/10 Nomad's. I contacted him earlier in the month and he said he would have them in 2-3 months.

Martin

Old 09-24-2010, 09:46 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by garydup
When I ordered my fairing I ordered it complete, with radio, speakers, and painted. It came in yesterday, and it looks awesome. I installed it on my bike, only draw back was that I had to remove my Phatt II risers, and go back to my stock risers to be able to mount the fairing. After I get it all cleaned up I will post pics. Will hopefully get power to the radio tomorrow.
Gary you might try this it worked for me, They are 13" ape hangers

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-23-2010, 07:36 PM   #81
Advanced Member

Quote:
garydup,

Thanks for this post which includes issues with the Phat II risers. I was getting more and more sold on this fairing after reading the first 5 pages of this thread. But now that you mentioned that it doesn't work with the Phat II risers, which I also have on my Nomad 1600, that pretty much 86's it for me.

I know "oldguy" (?) mentioned 13" apes, but I really don't want to have to make so many changes just to accommodate having a fairing. My bike is blacked-out (powdercoat) and the handlebars are covered in Chilhowee leather. So if I went to apes, I'd have the cost of the apes + rewiring the cables for length + powdercoating the apes + new leather handlebar wraps... roughly $550 on top of the cost of the fairing/windshield/stereo/speakers/painted to match setup from Reckless. Adds up in a hurry!!

Bummer. But thanks for posting about the Phat II's as I would have been very upset to receive them and have them not fit!

Cheers,
Daryl

Old 10-23-2010, 09:10 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds06nomad
Quote:
garydup,

Thanks for this post which includes issues with the Phat II risers. I was getting more and more sold on this fairing after reading the first 5 pages of this thread. But now that you mentioned that it doesn't work with the Phat II risers, which I also have on my Nomad 1600, that pretty much 86's it for me.

I know "oldguy" (?) mentioned 13" apes, but I really don't want to have to make so many changes just to accommodate having a fairing. My bike is blacked-out (powdercoat) and the handlebars are covered in Chilhowee leather. So if I went to apes, I'd have the cost of the apes + rewiring the cables for length + powdercoating the apes + new leather handlebar wraps... roughly $550 on top of the cost of the fairing/windshield/stereo/speakers/painted to match setup from Reckless. Adds up in a hurry!!

Bummer. But thanks for posting about the Phat II's as I would have been very upset to receive them and have them not fit!

Cheers,
Daryl
Yea it is a bummer about the Phatts,, those who have them have a hard time gettin rid of them,,,,It has been mentioned before thet the Phatts have a issue,, .Im not sure if the Phatts can be used with the Harley Fairing either,

Old 10-24-2010, 08:26 PM   #83

Is it just the Phat II's that are the problem? I have the Phat 1X from scooterworks. Guess I will contact Alex before ordering. I was just looking at the Reckless site earlier today and am considering ordering. Now I find we can get a little discount, how cool is this??

Old 10-25-2010, 07:57 AM   #84

I just put on my reckless fairing with the Phat II risers. Not going to give up the risers,they are way too comfortable! I will not be putting in the radio but an amp for my I Pod!

Old 10-27-2010, 04:03 PM   #85

I see he is selling them on ebay for $250 + 50 shipping. Is that the lowest price or is the Kawsanow discount lower?

Old 10-27-2010, 04:19 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0lusia
I see he is selling them on ebay for $250 + 50 shipping. Is that the lowest price or is the Kawsanow discount lower?
If you can get the Fairing on E Bay for 250$ and 50$ shipping that would be the best price......As long as you dont need it fast E Bay can save a buck or two..:)
You will like the fairing.. Plus if you do not want the holes cut right now Alex will leave the holes filled in,you cut when ready
Rich

Old 10-27-2010, 04:21 PM   #87

Yes and watch ebay for make an offer. Thats what I did and paid 220 for the fairing. Rich the fairing came to me cutout for the stereo and speakers! I didn't order the stereo! Now I have to get 4 speakers and a stereo:(

Old 10-27-2010, 04:27 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper
Yes and watch ebay for make an offer. Thats what I did and paid 220 for the fairing. Rich the fairing came to me cutout for the stereo and speakers! I didn't order the stereo! Now I have to get 4 speakers and a stereo:(
Call Alex let him know he made a mistake,, He should be able to send you a inner fairing uncut.. Im still not 100% on adding a radio yet.. Been riding since 71 W/O one LOL
If not you can make the radion housing a glove box and maybe gauges in the speaker holes.... But shoot him a e mail..calling is best as from what I hear he is slow on checking e mails...Post what you hear back

Old 10-27-2010, 07:36 PM   #89

I did and I would have to pay the shipping both ways:( I think I'll get the speakers and Stereo:) I am going for the waterproof marine stereo, I will not need the splash cover which there is no room for with the Phatt II risers anyways.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:43 PM   #90

There is a company that makes the front fairings in Maryville, TN for only $250. Many speakers options to choose from as well; 2 or 4 5" and also one with 2 6"x9". You can even visit their garage to see the fit and quality before purchasing!!!