Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 11-08-2013, 06:21 AM   #61

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
I find it perplexing how the people who deem themselves the most tolerant are the least receptive of folks with a racial bias. After all, racism is a trait most common amongst a populace in all societies throughout the world. By being born white we are by default racist but are to blind to realize it due to the privileges we enjoy every day which are denied to the truly deserving races who suffer silently in agony to avoid horrendous ridicule when the slightest protest is murmured. If we can accept the first Man on Man wedding held in the Cadet Chapel at West Point Military Academy, is it too much to ask to accept a man who simply queries couldn't that person in an advertisement been other than the race he is? He's only human. If you prick a racist, dose he not bleed? If you tickle him, will he not laugh? If you poison him, will he not die? If you wrong him, shall he not revenge?

I cain't wait for the future. Not only can I not wait for the Honeymoon pictures from the afore mention wedding ceremony, I look forward to the day when three men, (two of them cousins), two enema bags, a toilet plunger, a tuna fish sandwich and a steaming pile of horse chit can get married.

There you go Loafer. Wines kicking in.

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-08-2013, 06:23 AM   #62

Is this the thread where Tim spelled something wrong or something?

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 11-08-2013, 11:04 AM   #63
Sr. Contributor

Everyone should be encouraged to take pride in who they are. Not what others would have them be.
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 11-08-2013, 11:16 AM   #64
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowndodge View Post
The seven words your wife has never said...

How did I miss this?

Old 11-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhead View Post
Is this the thread where Tim spelled something wrong or something?
Na, but whoa thought that a thread about CJ's next ride would go so long, he must be one popular dude.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-09-2013, 12:45 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc View Post
Na, but whoa thought that a thread about CJ's next ride would go so long, he must be one popular dude.
Yes, much like the distinguished, and much adored Sanny Clause he's immensely popular world wide.
He also scares the ever living hell out of small kids and folks that don't know him, and has been known to make them burst into tears on several confirmed instances.

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

Old 11-11-2013, 09:43 PM   #67

I'm thinking I might like a shot or two of that wine they bottle up at the Nervous Hospital !

And as soon as I can figer out how to put a photo here, I'll be including my Late Great Wonderful Aussie Cattle Dog's Picture here ! (He was my exceptional friend for 17 years..broke his rear leg when he rolled off the bed, in his sleep, in my travel trailer, out in the Arizona desert...Vet said he was to old to fix..he's buried, Out There..Some Where..In The Wind...)

Last edited by Silent Sam; 11-11-2013 at 09:51 PM.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:11 PM   #68
Advanced Member

Damn Sam, that was poetic. Now I miss your dog.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:09 AM   #69

Hey id-man, You seem to have a good sense of humor...or would that be sense of "lyric's" er could be "prose", I supose...

I sure do miss that dog tho, and I fear I'm to old to get another one..as he'd outlive me !

I wandered out on the local community today ("Vet's Day")..wearing my Vet's-Color's Vest..Had a free steak dinner, at the local APPLEBEES...about 3:pm, then came home..

Hung around this craputer til about 7:pm and went down to Denney's for my free Grand Slam....Yea Right...They only were givin vet's a free pancake feed this year..and that ended at 2:pm SKUNKED AGAIN !
So I had a Grand Slam anyway...with the "military discount" and my AARP discount on coffee..I goter down to around $7..course I had to leave a tip...+$3 = $10
I know that's a big tip..but I aint got enough to save.so wut da hec...and dont need to buy dog food anymore..

I hope All you Veterans out there had a good day .

Last edited by Silent Sam; 11-12-2013 at 03:19 AM.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #70

Saved all that cash and only left a $3?

Old 11-12-2013, 11:29 AM   #71
Sr. Contributor

That's 30% Dave.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:36 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loafer View Post
That's 30% Dave.
I know it but IMHO, and I want to make clear that this is IMHO, I think it's still a cheap tip. Especially using the veteran status get get free and discounted chow on veterans day.

At a minimum I always tip at least $5.00. They work hard for their tips whether the plate cost $7 or $45.

I use to eat lunch every Wednesday with a bunch old old farts. These boys had money but they would actually use a calculator and figure up the tip. Leaving loose change and all.

Last edited by Dave; 11-12-2013 at 11:43 AM.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:50 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
Wow, here's the thing Greg, if it had been a white guy, oooops, I mean Caucasian on the bike and someone said they thought since the bike is being made in India they should show a "different rider" no one would have said anything about race.
This is what irks me, it depends on which race is making the comment whether it is considered racist or not.
If a African American calls me a "cracker" that's not racist. But if I call him anything but his name, it is.
Send my comments to who ever you want. I stand by my post. tynker was just making an observation on the marketing.
Thanks TC, you read me mind! I wish I had some of those rose colored glasses the new america is giving out where everyone looks exactly the same. You cant say black white asian hispanic or fat or skinny or blonde. Hey you see that guy with the beard.. oops I mean facial hair. Jeez this country is so full of whiners. FOr the record I am a fat ass redneck honky and if you call me that I will probably just say "hey" and offer you a beer.

David Hollinger
2002 Beige 1500 "Hannah2"
VBA # 02195

Old 11-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhead View Post
I find it perplexing how the people who deem themselves the most tolerant are the least receptive of folks with a racial bias. After all, racism is a trait most common amongst a populace in all societies throughout the world. By being born white we are by default racist but are to blind to realize it due to the privileges we enjoy every day which are denied to the truly deserving races who suffer silently in agony to avoid horrendous ridicule when the slightest protest is murmured. If we can accept the first Man on Man wedding held in the Cadet Chapel at West Point Military Academy, is it too much to ask to accept a man who simply queries couldn't that person in an advertisement been other than the race he is? He's only human. If you prick a racist, dose he not bleed? If you tickle him, will he not laugh? If you poison him, will he not die? If you wrong him, shall he not revenge?

I cain't wait for the future. Not only can I not wait for the Honeymoon pictures from the afore mention wedding ceremony, I look forward to the day when three men, (two of them cousins), two enema bags, a toilet plunger, a tuna fish sandwich and a steaming pile of horse chit can get married.

There you go Loafer. Wines kicking in.
I like Tuna Fish!!

David Hollinger
2002 Beige 1500 "Hannah2"
VBA # 02195

Old 11-12-2013, 02:06 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhollinger View Post
I like Tuna Fish!!
If I ever get married again after surviving this un, I love tuna fish sandwich so much I might marry one. One on toast come to think of it.

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad