Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2020, 08:25 AM   #1

Stranded - clutch?

A couple of nights ago I stopped for gas in town coming home from a 50 mile ride. Pulled out of the gas station, hit second gear and shortly after engagement I heard a loud grinding sound. Pulled in the clutch lever and let out slowly again, got the same noise, so I coasted into the local NAPA store. The two guys that run it are both bikers so I let them listen to it.

When parked I could shift into neutral or first but not any other gears. When you let out the clutch lever, it starts to pull then starts making that grinding noise again. They said the clutch is not engaging all the way in and they think the clutch spring is broken.

Wondering if anyone has had a problem with their clutch on the Voyager. Bought mine new, has 67,000+ miles on it. Been using full synthetic oil since break-in at 1000 miles. To be honest I don't baby it, but I don't beat the shit out of it either.

If this is the case, I'm thinking I might as well replace the clutch and spring. Just looking for input from you all.

Thanks in advance.

Login or Register to Remove Ads