Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 11-01-2008, 07:49 AM   #46

Dealing with adults

Yeah, Markw, that's the kind of folks I hang with. We're a fairly large group. 8 - 10 couples minimum, and everyone tries to stay mindful of all the others.

I've learned the best way to have my needs met is to work to meet the needs of others. They taught me that. There are friends and then there are FRIENDS!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-01-2008, 08:59 AM   #47
Top Contributor

Dealing with adults

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgirl (nckawgirl)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack
When I finally made it to Mesquite and got to meet the SoCal chapter, who were waiting for me in the bar, it was like we were already good friends. The same thing with everybody who showed up the next day.

It will be even more fun in Custer, since there will be a larger base of members to attend.
That's how I felt when I rolled into Greensboro and met Todd for the first time. Then Nomad1600 showed up at our lunch spot. It was like 3 friends who had known each other for years. When Todd and I got to West Virginia and started meeting all the Easterners, it was again like friends from yesteryear gathering to catch up on old times. I'm lookin' forward to Custer to meet more of you folks. Thanks to Trip for pulling this together to make this happen!

Same here for me and as for meeting all the folks I met at the Rally too. The National will be the same X3

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Old 11-04-2008, 11:43 AM   #48

Dealing with adults

Cumbaya...I too am addicted to this forum. All the guys + gals are great.

I need to wean myself off of it a little...I spend way too much time reading and posting.

Rich- This forum also was the final piece in deciding which bike to buy. If it wasn't for KawaNow I would be riding a VTX.

Here is to Trip for making our lives a little brighter each day. Oh sorry, am I the only one with a cold beer?
VBA #659
2003 Nomad 1500 (Gone but never forgotten)
2005 Honda ST1300 - Sweet and still kickin
2006 Honda Goldwing - Best Boat in the Marina

Old 11-04-2008, 01:43 PM   #49

Dealing with adults

Man, I go out of town for a week and miss the "love-fest"!!!

Actually, I love this site too. As many have noted, I have spent WAY too much time on the site posting like a maniac since I first joined...and Trip still hasn't kicked me out yet!.

I really appreciate the comraderie here, the ribbing, and the information you learn in just a short amount of time. Each person on this site should be congradulated for their demeanor, their attitude, their friendliness, and their thoughtfulness. This is a great site, and through time, will only get better!!!
Rich

Old 11-04-2008, 03:37 PM   #50

Dealing with adults

I'm coming to this thread kind of late, but I'd like to observe that I have found the folks on this and sundry other motorcycle-oriented forums to be friendly, helpful and (mostly) adult and/or mature.

Sure there are exceptions, but that's life.

I think that riders in general are nice folks -- quite unlike the image earned by the one- or two-percenters and their wannabes. Any way, I have never met a 'hobby' group that was nicer to belong to.

So, thanks to all of you.
VBA #00794
2011 Vaquero (Ebony)
replaced 2008 Nomad 1600 (Blue/Silver)

Login or Register to Remove Ads