Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 10-05-2011, 02:53 PM   #46

Stan; good luck on your new ride...! too bad never got back to me one way or another;the drags of selling stuff I guess.; might have been an email hip-cup; or maybe too busy tire kick'in. Sounds like CJ miffed at you for not getting with him.. oh the frenzy of a new toy !! Anyway good luck to you and sounds like the new toy loaded !! Still curious about your sig; at your now deleted email address...C320.#744..?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-07-2011, 08:46 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utah Motorcyclist View Post
Sharp looking bike for sure! Congrats!

Can you please tell us a bit more about the Cycle Dynamics Stage 3 engine....?
The Cycle Dynamics engine consisted of boring out the cylinders to a 1600. Installing new 10 to 1 pistons (Req. 91 Octane) with an extra set of rings. Regrind the valves with a five angle full radius cut. A new high output oil pump and a "lopey cam". Thunder intake, V&H exhaust, iridium plugs, a power commander FI control and all of it coordinated on a dyno. This bike reminds me of the old days of high compression engines that has instant throttle response.

Personally, I wouldn't do (pay for) this kind of work for a bike just for touring. However, it sure is fun when someone else does it for you. The only thing I'm going to change is the idle speed as I think it's too slow to circulate oil effectively. Although it sounds like lumpy high compression street rod from the 60s, I've got to bump the idle up a bit.

My only sin is that I don't drive it hard enough which is witnessed by the carbon at the exhaust tips. Gonna ride it like I stole it tomorrow morning and burn some of that carbon out. I know, I know, I will not forget the Seafoam.

Oldest Saloon In Nevada
http://www.pioneersaloon.info/

"Sin City Stan"
Henderson, NV
VBA #01004
VROC #29365
2004 Nomad 1500L5 +100 "The Bike"
2009 Nomad 1700 (past)
2004 Vulcan Classic 800 (past)
2010 Cortez - 2011 Crescent City - 2012 Kanab - 2013 Estes Park