In Association with VBA Web : Memorial | Merchandise

Important Info : Please Read!
If this is your first visit to our new forum (est. 9.20.11) and you're already registered on the old forum, you'll have to request a new password in order to log in here. To do so, please Click Here and fill in the proper info. You must use the email address that you originally registered with on the old forum. You will then be emailed a new password (if you don't see it, please check your spam/junk folder). If you have any problems at all, please email us at mail@VulcanBagger.com. Thanks!

Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic > Lighter Side/Jokes
Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2008, 10:50 PM   #46

Finally did it

I just finished lifting myself. Hurts like h*ll. I always come in after and ask my wife to tell me again whay I do this. lol

Actually, right now is my favorite part of working out...when it's over!

Audiogooroo - Daryl Porter
Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad
Old 02-22-2008, 07:51 AM   #47

Send a message via AIM to Idaho
Finally did it

I just got off of the Total Gym. Plan to ride the airdyne and jump back on the Gym tonight. Down three pounds right now.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter
Old 02-22-2008, 10:30 AM   #48

Finally did it

Way to go Idaho!

Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad
Old 02-22-2008, 10:54 AM   #49

Finally did it

I just got off the couch and walked all the way in here to the computer. Wheew!
You guys are crazy, don't you know all that exercise is good for you?
Six pack abs, I don't think so,I have the whole keg.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]
Old 02-22-2008, 11:19 AM   #50

Finally did it

Wow you guys are doing awesome!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!
Old 02-22-2008, 01:28 PM   #51

Finally did it

You know what they say...you can spend a lifetime exercising and eating healthy only to live long enough to die of something horrible.

Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad
Old 02-22-2008, 03:12 PM   #52
Top Contributor

Finally did it

The real thing about lifting is you have to find some aspect of it that you can enjoy. I enjoy the process of pushing myself, whether it's to see how many reps I can do for weight loss or how much I can lift. Personally, I prefer working legs to chest because I know that's the basis for strength. My bench is sorry compared to other guys, but I look like I bench much more. My legs however were, and will be, very strong. A few years ago I was on the leg press and pushed 1,085 lbs for, as I recall, 3 reps and could have done more. Imagine how I felt after that!

It's also about how you look, both to yourself and to other people. I have genetics to look big even if I don't lift super heavy. However, I am also predisposed to carry additional body weight (see:endomorph) even though there's a lot of muscle there. I even shocked my doctor when he read my body fat percentage and found it wasn't as high as he thought. Why? Muscle. But when I see myself, I see the fat and not what other people perceive of me.

Realistically, we can lose the weight, lose the fat, but we have to feel good about what we're doing while we're working toward our goal. So find a motivation, have fun working out and remember: It feels really good when your significant other runs their hands over you and talks about how great you feel, how muscular you are and how great you look.

VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Old 02-22-2008, 03:19 PM   #53

Finally did it

I kina follow Mark Twain's advice. He said, "everytime I feel like exercising, I just lie down until the feeling goes away"
Old 02-23-2008, 09:04 AM   #54

Finally did it

I tried Valdez, but SWB, AG and Dakals kept rolling around in my head telling me that I needed to get moving. So I did. Rode the Airdyne again last night. Hills are getting easier. Moved the Total Gym up one notch. Sore this morning but it feels good.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter
Old 02-23-2008, 09:08 AM   #55
Top Contributor

Finally did it

Went to the gym this morning for a weight workout. Did a total body workout keeping the weight low and the reps high. Gets the metabolism going and the muscles working. Felt great!
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Old 02-23-2008, 09:48 AM   #56

Finally did it

Wow. I don't know how I missed this thread. This last year my wife has really been into exercising. She's read a lot and found the ball to be her thing combined with small weights. I also bought her a rowing machine, health rider, and an eliptical machine. I'm really proud of her. She went from a size 14 at 180 lbs (right after baby #2) now she's down to a size 6 at 137. I told her to stop excersising because she's getting too skinny!

She says to drink a lot of water and eat until you are full and no more. Its a lot easir to throw away the extra food on your plate than it is to loose it off your waistline. She read somewhere that back in the 50's the plates were smaller so when mom said to eat everything on your plate you weren't eating as much. Also don't tell yourself you can't have something like audio said.

I could probably stand to loose a few myself. The Marines burned me out and I think I'm leaning more towards Valdez's plan :)
Old 02-23-2008, 10:41 AM   #57

Finally did it

I think the main thing is find something you like and do it. Just like nutrition, there is not "one" workout that works for everyone. My wife is into the cardio thing big time. She's an animal on the treadmill and also works the bag and small weights for toning. 5-6 times a week for many years. I used to do weights 3x week and cardio 2x week. I'd do it for months on end, but it's a bit too much for me and eventually I'll back off. Now I do weights 3x week always. If I can't squeeze in 5 a week, I will always get the lift in. But the way I lift is pretty aerobic.
Generally, if you want to get bigger, do more reps. If you want to get stronger, add more weight. I kinda want both so I increase my reps until I can complete my sets without total muscle failure and then I add weight. I do one set of 12 reps, rest, one set of 14 reps, rest, one set of 18 reps and then come back and press out 8 more reps just get to failure. I do that for each muscle group. It's also really good stress relief. Nothing like finishing that last press, jumpng up and shouting to the weights "Say my name b**ch!" :)

Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad
Old 02-23-2008, 10:47 AM   #58

Finally did it

The ball does work wolfman!!!! I have one and i use it everyday! I just prefer my total gym. I have bought alot of exercise machines and the total gym by far is the best. You are lifting and using your own weight to work out. It is awesome. I am putting down hardwood floors today so i probably won't being exercising today but i will try. We are trying to make the whole bottom level on our house hardwood floors. But you guys know i'm sure that you think the job is going to be easy and it's not. Anyways keep up the good work guys!!!!!!
Old 02-24-2008, 01:55 PM   #59

Finally did it

Just got done exercising again. 10 minutes on the Air Dyne on hills and then three sets of exercises on the Total Gym. Worked up a good sweat, being sore feels good. I can feel myself getting stronger with more lung capacity everyday. Ye-haw.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter
Old 02-24-2008, 09:25 PM   #60

Finally did it

I didn't work out today. I like to take it easy on Sunday afternoons. I did go for a short ride though. But came home craving junk food. :/
My wife had prepared a nice healthy meal. It was good, but there are times...

Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad