Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 03-08-2010, 06:55 PM   #46

Reckless motorcycle ordered mine today

I ordered mine today Alex said I was the first one to order on his web site he said some had used e-bay. I got mine with just the 2 outer speakers holes and the radio hole cut out I left the 2 center holes closed maybe I will mount a Gage or GPS in those spots.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-08-2010, 07:04 PM   #47
Mega-Contributor

Jim, how did you order one without the inner speaker holes? Are they 6.5" holes or are they 6"x9" on yours?

I'd like a 4 speaker setup, I just don't want all 4 in front of me. I can mount a couple on my tourpak.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 03-08-2010, 08:12 PM   #48

CJ right now all of his have 4 5" speaker holes but you can tell him not to cut them out but they will still be recessed. Alex told me that in a couple of months he will have other designs like 2 6 x 9 but I like this but didn't want 4 speakers.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:25 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack
Jim, how did you order one without the inner speaker holes? Are they 6.5" holes or are they 6"x9" on yours?

I'd like a 4 speaker setup, I just don't want all 4 in front of me. I can mount a couple on my tourpak.
CJ. Like Jim said ALex will leave the holes uncut..that is what Im going to do,, Ill use the 2 outer holes for speakers,,and the 2 inner for a Tach and Voltmeter......At least thats what Im thinking till I see it :)......

Old 03-14-2011, 12:44 PM   #50

I am just curious, I have riser "extensions" on my Nomad, I see that this fairing won't fit that way. Has anyone tried either making longer brackets that will push the fairing out about an inch? Or maybe even an extension on the top to miss the risers; how would that change the wind-deflection? Please advise.

BTW, Alex said that they are looking into a possible glove-box option. But he is uncertain. He has had several requests about it.

Thanks,
T
VBA #01416
2012 Vaquero SE Candy-Lime Green/Black
aka "T'Kehla"
2005 Nomad 1600 Black/Silver
aka "Mystique" (SOLD)
2006 Vulcan Classic
aka "Lil'Wolf" (SOLD)

"Life isn't a race; no one gets out alive. May as well slow down and enjoy the ride."

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-14-2011, 12:56 PM   #51
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon
I am just curious, I have riser "extensions" on my Nomad, I see that this fairing won't fit that way. Has anyone tried either making longer brackets that will push the fairing out about an inch? Or maybe even an extension on the top to miss the risers; how would that change the wind-deflection? Please advise.

BTW, Alex said that they are looking into a possible glove-box option. But he is uncertain. He has had several requests about it.

Thanks,
T
If you pushed the fairing forward an inch, it would probably be next to impossible to remove the headlight with the fairing in place. Might also shade the headlight some. If it's that far ahead of the light.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 03-14-2011, 06:49 PM   #52

Quote:

Thanks,
T
On the 1500 you can use the 4" Harley pull back risers,,but they are close to the radio housing ,IMO looked to cluttered so I went back to stock, Not sure how close pull backs are on the 1600.....I dont think spacer type risers would wourk with either 1500/1600.. As CJ said you have alittle room to move forward not alot,Make a mock set of mounting plates,, not to hard I made a few by hand

Old 03-14-2011, 07:12 PM   #53

Quote:

Thanks,
T
I just used 13" ape hangers which are about the same as the stock bars with 4" risers.